Unaka Basketball

corndogman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(corndogman @ Feb 18 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826377549[/snapback]After watching the game last night with Univesity High, what has happened to the Rangers? Can anyone tell me how this program has fallen to where it is now?

What's happening to Unaka happens to every program at some point. No-one stays elite forever, eventually the gas runs out and someone else climbs up. Let's also remember that University High is a great team, and it will take a great effort to beat them. Unaka just doesn't have the talent or experience to do it this year, but they do show signs of it from to time. Happy Valley is in the same boat this year. The Warriors usually still alive and kicking at this point in the season, with an eye on the regionals. Not this year. Graduation takes its toll, and talent ebbs and flows for everyone. Both schools will rebound at some point and be strong again, just as Hampton and Cloudland are doing now.

i would just soon seen those younger boys play if it's like it was saturday. they might not be ready yet but i am sure they would play hard. the ranger team i played on didnt win the state but we sure did play hard and won a bunch of games. if those sophomores and freshmen are the future, put them in and let um play. it can't get no worse than saturday

I have been saying this for a long time, when schools have good Football season, Basketball is down and if Football is bad then Basketball is good. Unaka has been really good for years in B ball and football was in a slump now the tide has truned and if they can level it out and build both programs with success like Hampton has had the last couple of years the we will see the Unaka B ball of old. Look at the ACC do they even have football programs besides BC and Miami, but on the other hand Basketball is always on cloud 9.

QUOTE(blueeagle @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:03 AM) 826378673[/snapback]i would just soon seen those younger boys play if it's like it was saturday. they might not be ready yet but i am sure they would play hard. the ranger team i played on didnt win the state but we sure did play hard and won a bunch of games. if those sophomores and freshmen are the future, put them in and let um play. it can't get no worse than saturday

I really hate to know that you are a former Ranger because you have got it all wrong. I know how hard these boys are playing. You are talking like they aren't even sweating when they come off the court. They want to win as bad as you want them too. Like someone said on the girls thread ~ its not just about how athletic you are. There is so much that goes into a team. The Jrs. have had a different coach every year since the 5th grade. There are other things that play into winning and losing that you can not begin to see. Please don't tell me that these boys don't play hard because I have watched every game they have played.

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Feb 19 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826379448[/snapback]I really hate to know that you are a former Ranger because you have got it all wrong. I know how hard these boys are playing. You are talking like they aren't even sweating when they come off the court. They want to win as bad as you want them too. Like someone said on the girls thread ~ its not just about how athletic you are. There is so much that goes into a team. The Jrs. have had a different coach every year since the 5th grade. There are other things that play into winning and losing that you can not begin to see. Please don't tell me that these boys don't play hard because I have watched every game they have played.

excuses excuses excuses thats all these boys have heard since the 5th grade and until they start taking some responsibility the lack of sucess will continue.these are good boys that need to start acting more like men.its time to jump out of the nest and see if you can fly,to do that it's going to take courage ,trust and comitment. time will tell.

QUOTE(molesniper @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:21 AM) 826380697[/snapback]excuses excuses excuses thats all these boys have heard since the 5th grade and until they start taking some responsibility the lack of sucess will continue.these are good boys that need to start acting more like men.its time to jump out of the nest and see if you can fly,to do that it's going to take courage ,trust and comitment. time will tell.

bump

[behold, on this 20th day of February amidst a dark, cold, damp and dreary night it has been declared that not one team in the elustrious history of this heralded program has been so disapproved. Speak as you may sportiemom, Rangerbook, rangerparent, superman and 87, but the truth has been displayed amongst the dwellers of the empire . Be as it may, those held responsible for the weak at heart, one must be held accountable for the grooming of weaklings that refuse to defend the likes of those who threaten the magnificent kingdom of maroon. It has once been said that the sweat of those accountable must stand for the truth, but it cannot be further from it. Alas, these knights may pour in sweat to the eyes of a peasant, but the wise knoweth that it only pours in vein. It hath always held true that the senior knights must prepare the way for their pawns who seek their nobility, but ode to the duo who have shamed the kingdom and brought forth a dark era of disapproved labor..... a dreaded path of destruction. The true ranger empire, amidst the stoney creeks at the foothills of the holston ravine, recognize on this day that the record has been set in full and chiseled in the tablets of truth.

Howbeit, fear not those who choose to stand for what is to come. Although Julius has made such a declaration of truth, the sun shall rise and set on another day bringing forth young pawns that stand for justice and knightsmanship. To THE KING and all his men, shower yourselves in your wine and fine dining, for it has only been one victorious battle for the alliance. One must remember that the maroon empire has not been conquered just yet, and while you shine your armor and swords of silver, whe shall prepare ours which is GOLD, for the war rages on.

Julius Caesar

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Feb 19 2007 - 01:05 PM) 826379448[/snapback]I really hate to know that you are a former Ranger because you have got it all wrong. I know how hard these boys are playing. You are talking like they aren't even sweating when they come off the court. They want to win as bad as you want them too. Like someone said on the girls thread ~ its not just about how athletic you are. There is so much that goes into a team. The Jrs. have had a different coach every year since the 5th grade. There are other things that play into winning and losing that you can not begin to see. Please don't tell me that these boys don't play hard because I have watched every game they have played.

sportiemom, i think you are the one thats got it all wrong. they think the season is over and they have quit, just flat out quit. last nights game made that pretty obvious, you amaze me with your ignorance. how can you even think they are playing hard?i think you just want to think and cant face reality. and i really dont think they are sweating when they come off the cort sportiemom, it would really suprise me if the human body can break a sweat while being so lazy, must have been awful hot in there last night, i think the cheerleaders broke more of a sweat than the creeker basketball team. i may not begin to see everything that goes into winning and loosing as you would say but one thing i am sure of is that the stoney creek basketball team has a bad attitude right now, and no desire to win, thats pretty sad.

this basketball season has been a nightmare from the players on down to th e coaches. i had to go outside last night after the first quarter and when i got back in at halftime it wasn't any better. i don't blame it all on the players. the coaches quit last night and is showed. how can you expect a kid to go out and give its all when your leaders decide to lay down on the job because things are not going well. what really looked back was late in the game when hampton had played everybody by the waterboy we still had our starters in the game. we had kids who never got on the floor and god knows we were behind by 30 some. that really makes it look bad racking up points on hampton's jv. your program is down and you get a chance to get some expericnce for some of the younger players but pass on the opportunity. this is just one of the reason this program is all screwed up.

as a former player i can honestly say this is hard to watch. it can be fixed but probably won't be. you have kids wanting to be out on the baseball field and others just wanting it ove r with. i dont think many will be back in changes are not made. saturday is the last game so why not go get grindstaff and let him play it would be only fitting. i promise you he'll give 100 % and that is something lacking from all parties involved