Class A Miss Basketball Finalists

TNBballMan

Kayla Hudson should be the odds on favorite. What she has done for Gleason has been absolutely unbelievable. Andrews will be a front-runner next year. Leonard, who received a ton of publicity last year and whose stats are worthy of the nomination, is only a freshman, which will hurt her. However, her name will be on this award in the very near future.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ Feb 19 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826379459[/snapback]Kayla Hudson should be the odds on favorite. What she has done for Gleason has been absolutely unbelievable. Andrews will be a front-runner next year. Leonard, who received a ton of publicity last year and whose stats are worthy of the nomination, is only a freshman, which will hurt her. However, her name will be on this award in the very near future.

Being a Freshman should have nothing to do with it. Being a Senior should have nothing to do with it. Lets hope the best athlete gets the honor. Laken Leonard, all around best choice for this award whether she has a chance in years to come or not. If she deserves the award this year then she should have it.

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ Feb 19 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826379459[/snapback]Kayla Hudson should be the odds on favorite. What she has done for Gleason has been absolutely unbelievable. Andrews will be a front-runner next year. Leonard, who received a ton of publicity last year and whose stats are worthy of the nomination, is only a freshman, which will hurt her. However, her name will be on this award in the very near future.

Being a Freshman should have nothing to do with it. Being a Senior should have nothing to do with it. Lets hope the best athlete gets the honor. Laken Leonard, all around best choice for this award whether she has a chance in years to come or not. If she deserves the award this year then she should have it.

Hilltopdawg,

I do agree with you. It should not matter if a player is a freshman or a senior - they should be given equal consideration. But a fact of life is those who vote always go on seniority historically. Sorry that is the way it is - Laken is a great player and she will be Miss Basketball in the future - not this year due to her age. Sorry, life is not always fair!

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!

QUOTE(hilltopdawg @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826380195[/snapback]Being a Freshman should have nothing to do with it. Being a Senior should have nothing to do with it. Lets hope the best athlete gets the honor. Laken Leonard, all around best choice for this award whether she has a chance in years to come or not. If she deserves the award this year then she should have it.

I completely agree that the year of the player should have nothing to do with who wins the award. However, as was mentioned by the above poster, it will be taken into consideration by the selection committee. What Leonard has been able to do at Red Boiling Springs this year has been great, but what Hudson has been able to do at Gleason after losing four starters from her team last year has been phenominal. I have seen all three young ladies play this year and unless the voters have completely lost their minds, Hudson will be the 2007 Class A Miss Basketball.

QUOTE(palmersville @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826380270[/snapback]Hilltopdawg,

I do agree with you. It should not matter if a player is a freshman or a senior - they should be given equal consideration. But a fact of life is those who vote always go on seniority historically. Sorry that is the way it is - Laken is a great player and she will be Miss Basketball in the future - not this year due to her age. Sorry, life is not always fair!

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!

Palmersville,

You may be right, but what if a player who deserved the award got hurt or couldn't play the next season, then it would be a shame that the decision is based on age and not on the athlete. But you sound REAL sure of what you're saying and you could be right but I hope not. I'm pulling for laken to the finish. I think she deserves the award, I think she's the best choice. Yes, that's just one opinion of many but it's mine.

I've not heard much on the andrews player, i've heard about the hudson girl and how good she is, and I personally have seen Laken play...whoever wins it will be deserving of this award, i'm glad to see Laken representing RBS as well as she is, but like I said whoever wins it will obviously be deserving of the award, so congrats to Laken and the other 2 nominees for their outstanding season...Look out for Laken in the near future......

QUOTE(swanson71 @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826380397[/snapback]I've not heard much on the andrews player, i've heard about the hudson girl and how good she is, and I personally have seen Laken play...whoever wins it will be deserving of this award, i'm glad to see Laken representing RBS as well as she is, but like I said whoever wins it will obviously be deserving of the award, so congrats to Laken and the other 2 nominees for their outstanding season...Look out for Laken in the near future......

Did you not get a flyer begging for your vote that the Collinwood coach sent out? Many people did. Sad part is she deserves to be a finalist although her coach begging people for votes is wrong. I am hearing another Finalist's coach did the same but I have verify that before I post it.

QUOTE(SportsWizard @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:14 AM) 826380630[/snapback]Did you not get a flyer begging for your vote that the Collinwood coach sent out? Many people did. Sad part is she deserves to be a finalist although her coach begging people for votes is wrong. I am hearing another Finalist's coach did the same but I have verify that before I post it.

I've heard of several coaches that "politiced" for their player for miss basketball. Sent out flyers, etc. There are a lot of really good players out there and it's a shame that whoever gets the most press - look in the newspapers- gets the vote. My vote would be for Andrews. Hudson is good but she's not the best!!! My personal opinion only - gleason won't even make it to state this year. But like everyone else, I could be wrong.

There was no flyer sent out by the Collinwood coach that I am aware of. Where ever that information came from is completely 100% false. Most coaches do not beg for votes. If a player is good enough they will be known. Sportswizard, as do we all, you need to be 100% positive on something before making a post.