Region 6-A Tournament--Can District 12-A still rule?

Vandychris

Any thoughts on this subject? My prevailing thought is that in recent years 12-A has owned 11-A, even though Forrest did win it all last year. During the regular season and tourny last year FHS lost each time by large margins to SHS as did Richland. I believe that regardless of how the 12-A tourny ends up, that they will be dominant again in the region.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Vandychris @ Feb 19 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826379283[/snapback]Any thoughts on this subject? My prevailing thought is that in recent years 12-A has owned 11-A, even though Forrest did win it all last year. During the regular season and tourny last year FHS lost each time by large margins to SHS as did Richland. I believe that regardless of how the 12-A tourny ends up, that they will be dominant again in the region.

Forrest is in District 9

QUOTE(cat1973 @ Feb 19 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826379364[/snapback]Forrest is in District 9

...which played a huge key in them winning the state. they could never make it past region semis in 6a, but in a new district and region they were able to cruise to the state...not taking anything away from them as they played a great state tourney and deserved the gold ball, but sometimes a change of scenery means everything in the world!

QUOTE(ptguard @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:14 PM) 826381409[/snapback]...which played a huge key in them winning the state. they could never make it past region semis in 6a, but in a new district and region they were able to cruise to the state...not taking anything away from them as they played a great state tourney and deserved the gold ball, but sometimes a change of scenery means everything in the world!

Ah, Forrest has beaten Summertown, Wayne (easily) in D12 and Moore in D11 this year during the season and Collinwood during summer camp, bring it on!!!!

QUOTE(sum1uno @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826381857[/snapback]I look for better games in this regional tournament than most will see at State, other than maybe the semi's or championship..

I'm pulling for D11, but from what I've seen, we had better bring our "A" game..Good Luck to All....Even wish ya'll luck too Aunt Kim...

AH, Thanks for the luck wishes I would hope the same for your team......and I really hope D11 puts it to D12 , and you said it D11 better bring the "A" game...I really miss playing you guys in D11......

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:42 PM) 826381909[/snapback]AH, Thanks for the luck wishes I would hope the same for your team......and I really hope D11 puts it to D12 , and you said it D11 better bring the "A" game...I really miss playing you guys in D11......

There you go kissing Mr. Ropers rearend again! lol

Although I will say District 12A is a little weaker than usual this year, I still believe come region time they will be ready to play. I wouldn't say they will take it over by any means, but they will be some tough teams to beat!! Collinwood will probably be the biggest threat of them all. I believe Summertown will have a tough time getting past Richland, and I also believe Wayne Co. vs Santa Fe will be a nail-biter! Perry County will also have to play tough in order to defeat Moore Co. PC is a young team, starting no seniors and 1 freshman, and also carrying a very inexperienced bench with only 1 freshman & 1 junior seeing very much playing time this year. Although they did pull it together to beat a #1 ranked Summertown! We'll just have to see!

Don't count 12A out yet!!