3. Jarvis Perry

4. Justin Blake

5. Easley

Second Team:

1. L. Johnson

2. Sly Boyd

3. Jeremy Kimble

4. Victor McLin

5. I could not make out the last name mentioned. Can someone update?

Coach of the Year- Coach Haskins Martin Westview.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rebel_oc @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826380365[/snapback]how did QUINN HUNT get the season's MVP????was that a mistake????no offense to him but i figured it would be ron johnson justin blake, cj crittenton......

Same here...I was like did they just say MVP or what??? I was lost...kind of odd that the MVP of a district is on a team with a losing record and out in the first round of the tourny...Congrats to Hunt though!!!

GC V. Westview was all Westview...GC seemed kinda sluggish...

DC V. CC was an intense game...not to bash on the refs or nothing but there was horrrrrrrrrible calls tonight...that's the first time I've ever seen one of the Johnson boys show emotion like that...CONGRATS TO DC!!!!

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826380406[/snapback]Same here...I was like did they just say MVP or what??? I was lost...kind of odd that the MVP of a district is on a team with a losing record and out in the first round of the tourny...Congrats to Hunt though!!!

GC V. Westview was all Westview...GC seemed kinda sluggish...

DC V. CC was an intense game...not to bash on the refs or nothing but there was horrrrrrrrrible calls tonight...that's the first time I've ever seen one of the Johnson boys show emotion like that...CONGRATS TO DC!!!!

1. Ron or Justin should have won MVP.

2. Refs were horrible in the CC vs. DC game.

3. Congrats to DC and good luck to all the 13AA teams in regions.

Congrats to the Dyer Co. Choctaws on a job well done. The refs were letting alot of fouls go on both sides . The refs let them play tonite. Dyer Co.'s pressure defence was to much for the Cavalers. They turned the ball over too many times . Their 3's were way off target also . They looked frustrated all night long.

You don't have to be on a winning team and win in the tournament. Tony Lambert shared his MVP with Jeremy Edwards from Covington in 98 and Covington won the district and was #1 in the state while DC was around .500 and we lost in the first round. Tony should have won it by himself. The coaches vote for the players. Hunt is good but I was surprised it did'nt go to Johnson or Blake.

QUOTE(warmachine7954 @ Feb 20 2007 - 08:17 AM) 826380694[/snapback]You don't have to be on a winning team and win in the tournament. Tony Lambert shared his MVP with Jeremy Edwards from Covington in 98 and Covington won the district and was #1 in the state while DC was around .500 and we lost in the first round. Tony should have won it by himself. The coaches vote for the players. Hunt is good but I was surprised it did'nt go to Johnson or Blake.

My ? is how did a team win three games the prior year, and then are up to #1 in the district. Then that coach don't get coach of the year. That's something that make you say Hmmm!!! And as far as the district MVP I can see Blake not being MVP only because he didn't play,but half a season. But I can't see why Crittendon or Leron Johnson didn't get it. I just don't get it.

QUOTE(oc_rebel_25 @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826380414[/snapback]1. Ron or Justin should have won MVP.

2. Refs were horrible in the CC vs. DC game.

3. Congrats to DC and good luck to all the 13AA teams in regions.

I agree 150%

Ron Johnson, hands down desereved to be the 13AA district MVP. No disrespect to any of the dyer county boys, but he is the one guy in this district that demanded double teams, or else he would take over the entire ball-game. He scored 41 twice this year, and 30 multiple times. He is an excellent shooter/scorer.

As for the game last night, the refs let them play WAY too much. If they would have called all of the hand checks and reaches on both sides of the ball, all 10 starters would have fouled out. That is not the way high school basketball is supposed to be played. The Johnson boys were tripped, hacked, slapped, fouled, etc. alot more times than were called. However, Dyer County's team speed and team Defense is incredible. I think that these factors changed the entire ball game. Good Luck to 13AA in the region tournament. I would love to see a 4th rematch between Crockett and Dyer.

P.S This is the 1st district championship game in a long time that I haven't seen a single DUNK. Where did the "hops" go?

QUOTE(bulldogs32 @ Feb 20 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826381502[/snapback]Ron Johnson is a great player but u have 2 look at it like this Quinn Hunt is on a team with not a whole lot of talent just think Ron has shaun,perry and many more people backing him up... the double teams dont you think HUNT seen them too... hunt didnt have any 41 nights but avg around 26 in 13AA games double milan's wins from last year

Quinn Hunt would not start on either a Dyer Co. or Crockett Co. team from this year...he is an average player but I don't think anywhere near the best in 13AA