maroonandgrey Where are you Now

BrandonCrump#04fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maroonandgrey...

We are really glad you think you are so important as to have your own thread.....and friends to post right along with you. It takes a really IMPORTANT..ADULT...man to get on here and degrade and belittle..15..16..and 17 year old kids.

You know what..... I predict one of these days...one of these Hawkins County "redneck", can't read, can't write,can't count, has no manners, and has no talent because where's he's from (I think that about covers it all)... kids will be earning more in a week than you make in a year. Everything that's been said and done making them a better person...

And guess what...you and yours will still be on here posting the same old garbage because you "ain't " got no smarter.

There's important people everywhere....no matter what color uniform they wear or where they live.

SOME fans like you and others make it next to impossible to pull for your team even when friends and family may even play on your team. I think you and others like you missed an important lesson growing up....RESPECT....You not only have to earn it...you have to give it....

And oh yeah...I almost fergot...we done got that thar internet down here while back....But darn..you know what...we still ain't figured out how to run it out yonder to our outhouse yet.... Yall got any iders ...LOL

Funny how the word respect gets brought up. Volunteer has had a good year this year and will continue that success at the Region Tourney. However the way they try and hurt players from the opposing team is classless and redneck and deserves no respect whatsoever. Basketball is a physical game, especially at the college division 1 level. How many teams do you see come out and their gameplan is to hurt other players? You can play physical basketball without undercutting people, without trying to knock someone to the floor when setting a screen, without intentionaly trying to put them out of the game with an injury. And yes Omar needs to watch out. They will be targeting him for sure. Coach Whittlemore will have one player holding him down while another is beating on him.

QUOTE(VolMom2006 @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:27 AM) 826382238[/snapback]It takes a really IMPORTANT..ADULT...man to get on here and degrade and belittle..15..16..and 17 year old kids.

yes mam and likewise it take really important ADULTs to stand and cheer when 15...16...17 year old kids are being taken to the ground in a basketball game. By the way...before you start talking about how this makes it hard to root for DB because of attitudes like this you may want to do a little look see back at the original thread that this stems from and see it wasn't started by myself or any DB fans...and it was mentioned by others fans as well so the reputation precedes them.

But hey thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to post on my thread

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Feb 21 2007 - 02:41 AM) 826382322[/snapback]Funny how the word respect gets brought up. Volunteer has had a good year this year and will continue that success at the Region Tourney. However the way they try and hurt players from the opposing team is classless and redneck and deserves no respect whatsoever. Basketball is a physical game, especially at the college division 1 level. How many teams do you see come out and their gameplan is to hurt other players? You can play physical basketball without undercutting people, without trying to knock someone to the floor when setting a screen, without intentionaly trying to put them out of the game with an injury. And yes Omar needs to watch out. They will be targeting him for sure. Coach Whittlemore will have one player holding him down while another is beating on him.

What do you know about our gameplan? Have you seen one? Coach Whitt has a practice planner everyday and it has never, in my five years of being at Volunteer, involved singling out any player(s) to hurt. I've said it before, it's funny how people can get on here and make accusations about what a coach is teaching his players and nobody will make the effort to attend a practice and see for themselves. The play you were talking about, "bear hugging," did not involve Cradic, it involved Bennett. He was reprimanded by the coaching staff if you care to know. I watched the game and I could pick out some instances where some things could be border line with DB players in the game. This is the playoffs and everyone's focus and adrenaline is, or at least should be, at its highest. It is so strange how one person from Central, which by the way did not say anything during the season, as none of you did about the physical play all year until now. We just caught DB on an 11 day layoff. I believe the bye for that long actually hurts a team in any sport unless they have to nurse injuries. There is merit to being physical, but not intentional. This negativity seems to tranfer around a bit. Last week, everyone was jumping all over Central and their "so-called" rude student section. Now a Centralite gets on here and starts some negative talk to take away from their problems? No one from our team has intentionally tried to put any player out of the game. Many people that know me, know that I would not stand for any coach or system that promotes that. Also, if you care to know, at half time, we talked about being less physical and more smart with trying to take some charges. If we were so classless, then why do we shake the refs, and attempt to shake the coaches hands when starting line-ups are announced at the beginning of the game. We have done that in all five years that I have been here. I don't know too many teams that still do that. Heck, as great a coach as Van Huss was, the best ever in my opinion, we never did that. I admit the game was a bit physical, but to claim that we were intentionally trying to hurt someone? That's way out of line, but this is CoachT, I would not expect anything less from some people, but I would expect more from a class act system like DB. Resorting to calling names like Redneck and the Internet comment only makes you look as classless as the one's you talk about. I have spoken to skunk and Coty's father and we have great admiration for each other. I do not see them on here belittling anyone. If he had a beef with anything, he would have been on here by now. He understands the stakes are higher in the playoffs. Both teams were physical at some point or another during the game. As Floor General stated, this is the playoffs and the game is more physcial. Guess what...... if anyone makes it to the state, it will be even more physical than we can imagine, like it or not. I'm not a big fan of physical play but that is what today's game has come to at every level of the game. You will still win if you can out-think your opponent. I would like to see a lot less trash talking and more of just playing the game. There was a lot of trash talking that I did not think was helping us win, but I think it was out of frustration, as was the "bear hugging" incident. I truly believe the players are a class act and some of you parents and fans need to take from these teenagers that play the game. Coty and Joseph have done an excellent job or representing DB during their careers. They will be missed.

By the Way....... even though you don't speak for Volunteer, please keep your opinions off this board Brandon Crump..... we have been quietly going on about our season and no one has mentioned anything about our team until now, just let it die.

Floor General...... if you have a beef with Coach Whittemore, then by all means, talk to him directly. Don't get on here and make accusations that are totally false. This is a man's livelihood and I don't see anyone that would falsely accuse you of something that would jeopardize your job. Believe me, I,nor the coaching staff,would sit back and let anyone teach players to play dirty. Coach was a post player at King College and the post area is physical as you stated. Sometimes players will play their hearts out and some situations will seem overly physical, but you can say that about any team at some point. I remember when everyone was crying about how Science Hill got away with murder and fouled everytime they trapped and pressed. They are not saying it this year because they are not as dominate as they were in past years. So.... people will say what they will and someone with an ear will listen and believe, but as for our staff, everything that has been said on here in the past couple of days has been fabricated and just flat out lies.

Cougarfan52...... you guys did not lose to us because we were more physical, you lost because you stopped feeding #40 the ball and jacked up threes after getting a 17 point lead in the first half by feeding #40. Before the lead you took only three attempts at 3's. After the 17 point lead you took 20 attemps. Our game with Central was nowhere near as physical as the DB game. When you shoot 23 threes, there's not much of a physical game that can happen. Getting out-rebounded 42-16 is not being physical. It's scrappiness and heart.

I have seen Volunteer play only 3 times this year and I would have to say I enjoyed watching them play more than any team in the Big 9. They out hustle and out physical everyone they play in this league. They have too. They are out manned and out sized. I saw nothing in their play that would constitute all this negative criticism. Falcons, just keep playing hard and let 'em cry!

QUOTE(Stokomo @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:08 AM) 826382431[/snapback]Cougarfan52...... you guys did not lose to us because we were more physical, you lost because you stopped feeding #40 the ball and jacked up threes after getting a 17 point lead in the first half by feeding #40. Before the lead you took only three attempts at 3's. After the 17 point lead you took 20 attemps. Our game with Central was nowhere near as physical as the DB game. When you shoot 23 threes, there's not much of a physical game that can happen. Getting out-rebounded 42-16 is not being physical. It's scrappiness and heart.

I will have to agree with you. When Central got that big lead they didn't do the things to keep the lead and bury Volunteer, instead they took quick shots and allowed them to trim a 17 point lead very quickly. No excuses, Central just didn't make the plays to win. And it is not like Central lost to a bad team, Volunteer has some good players (Browder and Bennett). While it was disappointing to be put out so early it was something everyone knew could be a possibility seeing as how tight the conference was this year.

I hope people do not get the wrong idea about every kid on Volunteer's team though, because Browder for one does NOT play like that and is a good kid. But there are 4 or 5 players for them who seem to share the same "post moves"

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:32 AM) 826382391[/snapback]yes mam and likewise it take really important ADULTs to stand and cheer when 15...16...17 year old kids are being taken to the ground in a basketball game. By the way...before you start talking about how this makes it hard to root for DB because of attitudes like this you may want to do a little look see back at the original thread that this stems from and see it wasn't started by myself or any DB fans...and it was mentioned by others fans as well so the reputation precedes them.

But hey thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to post on my thread

Okay..Sir..You just assumed they were cheering for that reason..How do you know they weren't cheering for a blocked shot...bringing down a rebound...anything that may have been supportive for that reason...were you sitting with them...beside them..or did you just have you eagle eyes fixated on them the whole night...You know I wasn't there...I don't know what happened... I don't even like basketball...but I am very proud that our sports programs are producing kids with enough heart to be competitve in this conference. I am very proud of this Volunteer team, boys I don't know very well and boy's that I do..

What I do know is whatever sport it is....we are never considered talented enough..classiness enough...or educated enough to be put on your level..whatever you deem that to be. And no matter what sport...you're always there to put in your 2 cents....you're right...you didn't start the topic..but you all sure didn't waste any time jumping on that bandwagon...any excuse to express you're true feelings...What has our parents..coaches..players ever done to you and yours that you subject us to such critisism and slurs at the drop of a hat????

So that said Let's Just Agree to Disagree on certain subjects....but Let's do agree..there is no place..here included ...that you should belittle and degrade kids...these kids aren't rednecks or illiterate...they are hardworking young men.They deserve RESPECT... Just like every player on every team out there....

That said....

Good Luck To ALL Teams Tonight !!!!!

Stokomo....great post I enjoyed reading it....Love your quote ....

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826381626[/snapback]I wasn't aware you had to take a number and stand in line in order to post on CoachT. Good thing you don't because judging by some of the posts I have seen on here from you Volunteer fans, they certainly don't teach English over there, so if I was a betting man I would "assume" they don't teach too much math either!

Like I said, SHUT UP! You guys lost for the THIRD time this year. Just face it, you will ALWAYS be the small, Hawkins County, redneck school, that can't beat DB!

Hey man, go easy on those sweeping generalities about Hawkins Co. schools. I Definately support ANYTHING said on here by any of these cats by Volunteer but if I can remember correctly Cherokee (a little redneck school from Rogersville), beat DB last year then lost @ DB in overtime. Taking a deep breath and counting to 10 usually helpls

QUOTE(VolMom2006 @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826382806[/snapback]Okay..Sir..You just assumed they were cheering for that reason..How do you know they weren't cheering for a blocked shot...bringing down a rebound...anything that may have been supportive for that reason...were you sitting with them...beside them..or did you just have you eagle eyes fixated on them the whole night...You know I wasn't there...I don't know what happened... I don't even like basketball

I have not assumed anything. My seat was on one side of the aisle from the very fans/parents I spoke of so I understood exactly when they were cheering. I sat behind Coty's dad and he vocied his opinion to them several times. All I know is I saw what I saw on the court and in the stands.

FYI I didn't call anyone a redneck