HOT NEWS ON COACHING CHANGES

coachtcyclone

QUOTE(EHSFAITHFUL @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826382831[/snapback]I understand that Tim Campbell has always been interested in returning to Hampton and this very well could be good timing for him. Leon Tolley is devoted to the Dogs in whatever capacity they need him to be and I've always admired him for that. I know Leon and Len are very good friends and have always talked about coaching together one day. It may be a long shot for both of them to land at EHS but if it were to happen, good luck in finding a seat in AL John Treadway gymnasium.

After talking with Coach Weems a few times, I believe he is pretty content right where he is (and why wouldn't he be). He's doing a great job and gets phenomenal respect from both players and fans from EHS. He seems to be a first class guy on and off the court.

As far as Coach Chambers goes, if he makes a move, it will be upward, not lateral (AA possibly even AAA).

Bottom line is all of these coaches are great ones and any area team would be blessed to add them to their staff. And, I see nothing shameful about posting any information on here as long as it pertains to East Tennessee basketball. I've talked to school board members, athletic directors and coaches from different schools from time to time and more often than not topics like the one mentioned above often come up.

To those of you who think Len Dugger is not the top candidate for the Head job at EHS, you're wrong. At one time, Mr. Ed was out and everyone said he would never be back and the voters spoke out and elected a new school board, and guess what, Ed's back and from what I'm hearing from at least 1 school board member (a friend of mine) and a whole lot of cyclone boosters, is they want Len Dugger as head coach of the Cyclones. And, we all can't forget, Mike Wilson is still the coach until Mike Wilson decides to give it up and we should support him if he stays.

So here's my shameful comment for you blood thirsty sharks to circle around, "All the above mentioned programs are going to be playing baseball and softball a lot sooner than expected."

GO CYCLONES!

Don't just be proud, be thankful!

Very good post EHSFAITHFUL!

Let me clear something up here before it goes any further,I have never slammed any of these coaches,some are better than others but thats true from ditch digging to open heart surgery!

ALL these coaches that I mentioned earlier are top notch people as far as I know!

I honestly hope that all Carter County/ Eliz Teams reach and win the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!

We have a great bunch of kids and people in Upper East Tenn and we are very fortunate to have some great teachers and coaches!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be alot of coaching changes in Carter Co/Eliz next yr. If Dugger takes the Eliz job, maybe Wilson will step back down to girls if Weems wants to resign from teaching. Now on to Hampton. Does Hampton want rid of McClain or does he want out. Im sure alot of this has to do with this cell phone business, but that is nobody's business except the school board. Ive heard tha Gordon MAYBE leavin UH after this year (dunno for sure). It will be interesting to see when the season is over.

NEWS FLASH JUST IN-

I heard this morning that Daniel Boone Girls Head Coach and former Hampton player, Tim Campbell will be the new Boys Basketball Coach at Hampton High.My source says that Campbell is far enough removed to not be an insider that would be tied to their problems but still a DAWG!

As much as I'd like to see it happen I cannot believe that Coach Campbell would take that big of a pay cut to go home. I also cannot believe that Coach Tolley would leave to go to town. I'm sure that if Coach Campbell were to come to HHS, Coach Tolley would be overjoyed because they are great friends and former Bulldog teammates, back in the day. As for Tolley to the boys and Coach Chambers or whoever to the girls, that too I cannot see happening. I have heard Coach Tolley say that the next place he went would be to the house, which could happen very soon. We will just wait and see what comes out in the wash.

QUOTE(daleriddell @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826384191[/snapback]I appreciate that bouncepass but unfortunately I didn't inherit a big last name from my father. Probably couldn't pull many votes. Came from a family that actually had to work for what we got. My dad worked a job then came home and run the farm in the evenings. Not a political family to say the least. But I wouldn't trade where I came from for one day in the big dawg's shoes around our school board. I wouldn't be very good at it because I wouldn't want to kiss enough rear end to get things for my school. It's a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch your's" schoolboard that we have in Carter County. I wouldn't do well in that scenario. And, I would also want the right people in place in my system. Not just family and friends. Most of the common people that go to these games year after year know who should be where but we keep our mouth's shut and go on. We all know who should be head coach of this team and that. And what really kills me is that our politicians actually think we're too stupid to realize when someone that does a great job is getting the shaft. The coaches that really behind the scenes do the best job (throw out game nights, wins, losses, and looking good in your coaching shirt), I'm talking practice, preparation, improving players, monitoring academics, actually caring if a player is a good citizen or not, etc. They are always the coaches that get left behind because their daddy ain't the big shot in town. Bottom line, that's our situation in Carter County. You can talk and talk about how things could be, but that is our biggest problem. Can it be fixed? Don't know, depends on whether the common folk ever really get fed up enough or not I guess.

dale I agree with bouncepass, your post are well thoughtout and speak of the truth!

I hope we in the city have corrected our problems with that type of stuff but you never know when it comes to polictics.

I guess we will see when Mr. Alexander appoints the next basketball coach,IF Coach Wilson does in fact stepdown!

Everyone knows the situation with Len Dugger being friends with former board member Doc Sams and the rift between Sams and Alexander, but Sams is gone and we will see if Alexander is the right man for the job, we will see if he can let go of the past and do whats best for the kids and the program,NOW FOR BARB AND OTHERS , THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!

Come on starman,krich, bouncepass and others, lets hear your comment on this situation,krich,Ive NEVER known you to be quiet because a situation may be fragile!

QUOTE(GLee @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826384272[/snapback]There are several opinions but they are best held until the kids finish up. A lesson learned.

Not always GLee,kids are smarter than we sometime give them credit,they usaully know more about these things than we do!

If anyone doesnt know about the Eliz,Hampton and Uanka situations, they msut not follow these programs,thats all!

I have to agree with the others, there is too much politics right now to get anything done. I don't think there will be a coaching change at Hampton because of who they are and the pull they have. Time will tell if the "people's" voice will be heard on some of these changes. We also need to get better representation on our school boards as well as our county commissioners, but sometimes you can't get anyone qualified to run because they know how the system works and don't want to put up with the crap. We all need to remember that academics need to be made a priority and for alot of these kids sports keeps them active in their studies to make the grades to play, so really they go hand in hand. As far as coaches go, there are some good choices out there and probably some more not from around here that would like to be considered, but then again the "good ole boy" system keeps alot of people away. Let's just hope that some positive changes will come about in the near future that will benefit the kids.

coachtcyclone,

First, about the disgruntled parents, board members, etc., I often embarrassed my sons with my complaints, opinions, etc., while ALL they wanted to do was Play Ball, and be left alone. Nonetheless, I'm fervent that parents voice their concerns, however, I wish we could do so in a proper time and place. As a parent, I also realize that that's easier said than done.

Ultimately, coaches are more politically astute than most of us realize. In fact, show me a coach who feels his or her decisions, that dramatically affect our children, should go unchallenged, and I'll show you a coach headed for disaster. Having said that, Coach Kenneth Chambers most always holds an informal team meeting after every practice and game. It's not always pretty, but I can assure you, his players aren't shy.

The political ramifications will run their course, and though I doubt anyone will be fired per se, there will be coaching changes by Spring's end. As to who coaches where, I can only add that if, in fact, the Elizabethton boys' coaching position becomes available, you could be shocked by the selection. He could come from College; he could come from Elementary School, and he might not be currently coaching.

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826384364[/snapback]coachtcyclone,

First, about the disgruntled parents, board members, etc., I often embarrassed my sons with my complaints, opinions, etc., while ALL they wanted to do was Play Ball, and be left alone. Nonetheless, I'm fervent that parents voice their concerns, however, I wish we could do so in a proper time and place. As a parent, I also realize that that's easier said than done.

Ultimately, coaches are more politically astute than most of us realize. In fact, show me a coach who feels his or her decisions, that dramatically affect our children, should go unchallenged, and I'll show you a coach headed for disaster. Having said that, Coach Kenneth Chambers most always holds an informal team meeting after every practice and game. It's not always pretty, but I can assure you, his players aren't shy.

The political ramifications will run their course, and though I doubt anyone will be fired per se, there will be coaching changes by Spring's end. As to who coaches where, I can only add that if, in fact, the Elizabethton boys' coaching position becomes available, you could be shocked by the selection. He could come from College; he could come from Elementary School, and he might not be currently coaching.

sounds like your board people in carter co have a great deal in common with the bozos in coffee co.....................

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826384285[/snapback]Not always GLee,kids are smarter than we sometime give them credit,they usaully know more about these things than we do!

If anyone doesnt know about the Eliz,Hampton and Uanka situations, they msut not follow these programs,thats all!

The kids usually know more than we do as far as what is going on at the school and on the teams. Personally, I give them quite a bit of credit when due. No doubt......but putting 'bad blood in the water' at this time is not good for the teams of mention. These young folks minds need only wander about thier current task at hand. You are wrong, no question about it.

Lesson learned............I should have kept my 'posting mouth' shut until after football season. This board usually is a 'biotching board', and is not good for the athletes as reading material. Yea, it keeps us old folks a bit 'feathered up' as well. You are right on the point that "if you don't like it, don't read it". Problem is, most seem to believe what they read.

These kids you speak of have a mission and it doesn't need to be 'clouded' by adult clatter at this time. Or are you for the kids?

If you want some news, see me...........