Antioch @ Centennial

zoosee12

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826385704[/snapback]Go ahead and jump on me for this, but I think Centennial has a better shot of beating Antioch than most people think. Antioch is really not that consistent of a shooting team than most people give them credit for. They make 6 3PTers one night and 1 the next. They love to rely on the inside game as well. Ironicly, we were getting these same kinds of comments last year.

Hmm..... sounds like Antioch is just like CHS, inconsistent. Dont think so, Antioch has the big men to play down low and hold the advantage in the backcourt with their guards. Do not see Antioch loosing this one. CHS is to careless with the ball and Antioch has more weapons than CHS.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on which Antioch team shows up. If the healthy McAdoo, good attitude Wells, under control Upton show up, it could be a LOOOONNNNGGG night for the Cougars. If the so/so Antioch shows up, the game could be a tougher game than Antioch wants. If the bad Antioch shows up, Centennial has a shot. So, with that said, I'm saying that Antioch is probably about 10-14 points better than Centennial on pure talent, but the Bears are prone to blow up at times and play stupid basketball. Kelly will have to have a 25 point/15 rebound/no foul trouble game for the Cougars to win. I think you probably get a pretty good effort from Antioch and they win something like 72-62.

Actually, based on past experiences, I can sort of see what's going to happen here. We have the heavily favored D-12 schools, and the top three teams (Whites Creek, McGavock, Antioch) all favored to get to the second round. The only D-11 school expected to advance will be undefeated Franklin. Well, that all gets turned upside down when Centennial, Brentwood, and Overton all pull upsets, and Franklin goes down to Hunters Lane. Hunters Lane will then beat everyone else and advance to state against LaVergne , where the two schools will argue all week about the origin of the "I Believe" phrase. LaVergne will win the game decicively, and each Wolverine fan on the board will create a new topic bragging about the win. In retaliation, Hunters Lane fans will create thousands of new topics talking about the lack of class on LaVergne's part. This will continue back and forth until the site reaches its maximum bandwith and CoachT will be no more.

....You know, It's probably a good thing if that doesn't happen.

Also hearing that Ryan Glover was suspended for tomorrow night's opener for trying to sneak some extra ketchup packets out of the lunchline. The kid had been asking around for some ketchup, but couldn't come up with any. This seems a little too harsh in my opinion. Once he went into Dickerson's office, she immediately punched him in the face, without Ryan even getting a chance to speak. I mean, seriously, what was he supposed to do? Eat his curly fries without any topping? What would you do in his situation?

QUOTE(mr.giggliefly33 @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:53 AM) 826385826[/snapback]are u serious Antioch is way better than Ravenwood and Overton

True....Antioch is way better than Ravenwood and Overton, however think back about one week......Indy was way better than Overton! This is what makes high school basketball so great. Overton probably had a 20% shot and made it happen. CHS probably has a 25% shot.....will they make it happen? I don't think they will, however it would not surprise me.

QUOTE(NashvilleHSfan @ Feb 23 2007 - 08:23 PM) 826386527[/snapback]True....Antioch is way better than Ravenwood and Overton, however think back about one week......Indy was way better than Overton! This is what makes high school basketball so great. Overton probably had a 20% shot and made it happen. CHS probably has a 25% shot.....will they make it happen? I don't think they will, however it would not surprise me.

And that's why games aren't played on paper. I pick Centennial.

Well, what turned out to be one of the best Centennial seasons in recent memory came to an end tonight, as Antioch takes this game 65-54. Was a very back and forth game early, with no one really jumping out to a commanding lead. No one could get their shooting going and the game was dominated by Kelly, Harris, McAdoo, and Wells. I have to say this though. Early in the game, Lamont OWNED Tahj Wells. He put up three big blocks on him, including what may very well be the block of the year for the Cougars. After getting the inside feed, Wells ran in and tried to throw it down. When he got about a foot from the rim, Bug just packs him against the glass, knocking both the ball and Tahj Wells down.

Once the second half started, Antioch took control. Centennial played sloppy ball and tried to force plays again. Antioch in total scored 18 fast-break points. When he did convert, no one could put it in. Bug went ice cold. Drew didn't go after rebounds. Chaz...well...I don't really after add to that one. While Antioch saw the clock run out, they also might have kissed their postseason hopes goodbye. With three second remaining and up by 11, McAdoo got the ball and rather than running the clock out, decided to go in for one last throwdown. He threw it down and hung on the rim, getting the technical. But as he jumped down, he landed hard on his left leg and immediately ran into the locker room. Haven't heard anything further on his condition, but if that is anything serious, Antioch is about done.

Say what you will about the Centennial Cougars. But to go from 7-19 last year to District Runners up is a big accomplishment. After the football season, the coaching drama, this school's spirit was at an alltime low. This team gave the students something to rally around. Although it may not have had the ideal ending, I will always remember this team as the team that saved the Cougar Athletics. Now, for possibly the final time of my high school career....

C-C-CHS!