Region 2 AAA Tourney (Maryville, Farragut, Oak Ridge, William Blount,

thatslife

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826383817[/snapback]from what i know.. and it could be wrong but i heard a that a Powell person said the best they play all year long was @ Farragut when they won by 15. i was a little disappointed that game because the Farragut fans werent in the game. there were people there just no one really cared about it..

Oak Ridge

Halls

Farragut

William Blount

Not unusual is it ? I remember Farragut was in a region final with Clinton, and many of their fans choose not to come, and rather be at baseball practice. Farragut never has had great fans for BB. However, I hope they win it all. Coach Dogden deserves to finally do well after all he has been coaching.

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826384286[/snapback]Second round games are Tuesday night at 6 and 7:30 at West High School.

Can someone explain with District-IV gets the region again this year ? Last year it was at Sevier County. I had originally heard it was supposed to be at Halls this year. Is that true, and if so, why did it change ?

QUOTE(chsbbfan @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826385146[/snapback]Not unusual is it ? I remember Farragut was in a region final with Clinton, and many of their fans choose not to come, and rather be at baseball practice. Farragut never has had great fans for BB. However, I hope they win it all. Coach Dogden deserves to finally do well after all he has been coaching.

Can someone explain with District-IV gets the region again this year ? Last year it was at Sevier County. I had originally heard it was supposed to be at Halls this year. Is that true, and if so, why did it change ?

i mean there are alot of people that come and dont really care but the Powell game all the people that usually care just werent in the game. you are right though. people only care about football at Farragut. Baseball and soccer could win a state championship every year and people still wouldnt care. unless they are playing bearden. thats the only time people "care". i think it will be different on saturday though. i will add i was disappointed in the amount of support farragut had at Maryville on Wednesday. there were people but i mean its the district championship.. its a big game.

i think they changed it because they wanted it to be more of a central location. and West is district 3 AAA. not 4. and they arent even in it so it doesnt really matter.

QUOTE(chsbbfan @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826385146[/snapback]Not unusual is it ? I remember Farragut was in a region final with Clinton, and many of their fans choose not to come, and rather be at baseball practice. Farragut never has had great fans for BB. However, I hope they win it all. Coach Dogden deserves to finally do well after all he has been coaching.

West High is in District 3.

Powell defeated Farragut by 12. i think it was 71-59. not sure though. i only got to see the 1st half. but from the half i saw it was the worst officiating ever. i say it alot but it was really bad tonight. Powell was on FIRE tonight too. they hit just about every shot. it was ridiculous. congrats to Powell. good luck next round. congrats to Farragut on a great season.

you werent even at the game. you cant make a comment about something you didnt even see. i commented on what i saw. which was the first half. i hear it was alot worse the 2nd half though. but you know everything. you dont even have to be there to know it. i wouldnt be surprised if in the paper they say that Powell shot 25+ free throws to Farraguts 10. Powell was on fire so even if the refs werent as bad as they were they still probably wouldve won. quit making comments about stuff when you didnt even see what happened.

How can you say i know less than you jsut because i complained about the refs? everyone complains about the refs. thats just how it is. it doesnt mean they arent as smart as you are. im sure you have never ever done the wrong thing. i mean thats just how Maryville is. Perfect, Perfect, Perfect. atleast tahts what everyone there wishes. i still havent figured out why you all are still 4A in football when you have atleast 100 more kids than 5A schools. but this is about basketball.

Now Maryville will probably be ranked ahead of Farragut. but i cant really complain about the season Farragut when your 28-6. all i can do i complain about how it ended. and it wasnt how it shouldve ended. it shouldve ended with Powell beating Farragut... not the refs. yes Powell did beat Farragut on the scoreboard and in probably everyother way, but do in large part to terrible officiating. once again u werent there quit commenting about it.

WB loses to Karns...it was around 10 points, I left without looking at the scoreboard.

With four minutes to go, Karns was up by 4 and WB had the ball...Houser had a three that JUST rimmed out. WB couldn't get any shots to fall, they were all "right there" and out. After the missed three, Karns scored, and it all went downhill. I believe if that shot had fallen, it would have been a different game.

Oh well...I'll be on the baseball boards until May

Officiating was not that bad. Powell shot about 75 percent from the 3. No joke. One of the dads kept track in the stands. Farragut fought back but dug themselves too big a hole in the first quarter. Again, the refs were not terrible. They missed one pretty obvious call and that was it. Otherwise I thought they did a good job. Powell drew more fouls because they were the more aggressive team. Farragut settled for the outside shot again and it hurt them.

Maryville beat Oak Ridge by ten from what I heard.. Anybody know if that is correct?