Region 6-4A Opinion thread 07

Golfendude

After reading the posts on this board, I think everyone had best hold their playoff hopes and plans until every team in 6-4A begins playing some teams with winning records. No team has played a meaningful game against a measurable opponent. I have yet to see any team in the region put up any sort of positive offensive numbers that would make them a balanced offensive team. Some teams are showing they can put a stifling defense on the field against marginal opponents. Remember, Defenses win championships, but it takes the Offense to put the points on the board and no one in the region has shown they are balanced offensively yet. Good luck to all teams in the region for the rest of the season.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the posts on this board, I think everyone had best hold their playoff hopes and plans until every team in 6-4A begins playing some teams with winning records. No team has played a meaningful game against a measurable opponent. I have yet to see any team in the region put up any sort of positive offensive numbers that would make them a balanced offensive team. Some teams are showing they can put a stifling defense on the field against marginal opponents. Remember, Defenses win championships, but it takes the Offense to put the points on the board and no one in the region has shown they are balanced offensively yet. Good luck to all teams in the region for the rest of the season.

I think the Bears might be showing some offense /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Thoughts?

Go Bears /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think the Bears might be showing some offense /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Thoughts?

Go Bears /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bears have shown some offense as has Kenwood. However, the statement that not one team in the region has shown a balanced offense remains true. MJ had one game against Gallatin with 200+ rushing and 150+ passing. Kenwood who has two 100+ yards passing games and is averaging 220+ yards a game rushing had their first offensively balanced game against Clarksville-Northwest last night. I believe the teams that can pass and rush the ball the best in this region has a great opportunity to go deep in the playoffs come November. Keep a running count on both from the weekly stats in the Preps Factory section of the Tennessean and check it for yourself. The teams that can both run and pass well in their respective regions are the teams that keep winning their region games. This will in turn carry over into the post season. Region 6 has historically been a one dimensional running offense region and it has hurt all the region teams come playoff time. Only time will tell how the region will unfold. It should be a great rest of the season. Good luck to all the 6-4A teams.

Bears have shown some offense as has Kenwood. However, the statement that not one team in the region has shown a balanced offense remains true. MJ had one game against Gallatin with 200+ rushing and 150+ passing. Kenwood who has two 100+ yards passing games and is averaging 220+ yards a game rushing had their first offensively balanced game against Clarksville-Northwest last night. I believe the teams that can pass and rush the ball the best in this region has a great opportunity to go deep in the playoffs come November. Keep a running count on both from the weekly stats in the Preps Factory section of the Tennessean and check it for yourself. The teams that can both run and pass well in their respective regions are the teams that keep winning their region games. This will in turn carry over into the post season. Region 6 has historically been a one dimensional running offense region and it has hurt all the region teams come playoff time. Only time will tell how the region will unfold. It should be a great rest of the season. Good luck to all the 6-4A teams.

I have re-read your last couple of posts, and I think I see what your are opining but you are a little bit all over the place /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> 'Remember Defense wins Championships, but Offense puts points on board..and it has to be balanced...' (I am paraphrasing, of course)

With this edition of the Bears I think we will be very successful with a talented running game 'balanced' by timely passing results (1 pass completed last night, but a 32 yard TD...I would take this result over yardage and no points). The Bears also feature not only a tough D, but a scoring D.

Clarksville result against Beech opens the field up a bit, don't you think?

I don't know how the Region is gonna fall out exactly, but I think those that are puting Springfield at at 4 or 5 are being pretty optimistic. I don't think they will be that high and I am a Jacket myself. After last nights loss to Rossview my hope for them is pretty much shot. I want to know how there coaching staff let's Derrick Smith, the best player on the team, QB/Kicker/Punter get dehydrated. That game should have never gone into OT. I think Springfield will be 6, 7, or 8th on the chart.

Almost half way there. Going to really look interesting after this Fri.

Right now I'd say MJ and KW are in the drivers seat. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. Both teams are looking really good right now. I wonder if Kenwood learned their lesson from last year's collapse.

I have a really good feeling they have learned. They are working hard and not looking over anyone.

Clarksville Wildcats will be there too. How was it for 6-4A tonight.

Gonna be fun the next 5 Wks what you think region 6. Have good a safe weekend Teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tonight was fun for sure...I tell you MJ looks tough at all facets

I hear ya.. We are still working on it and don't look to bad at this point. Kenwood and you guys are the ones we have been looking forward too. With last weeks hiccup IMO alone because of home coming and to many distractions. The CATS are on the right track. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />