Forrest vs Van Buren

meg25

QUOTE(ERIndians#1Fan @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826390066[/snapback]Fair Warning.........to Forrest........

After watching the East Robertson game tape over and over the VB Eaglettes are a down right dirty team. I hope you have good officials or they will hurt your star players. That is all they are out to do. They have no talent and offense. They just flat out go after people and try to hurt them.

All the best to Forrest!!

If you say vb plays "dirty ball" why didnt the officating crew do some thing about it???? If it was so bad and so obvious why was there nothing done by the ref's?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(eaglebro @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826392646[/snapback]I don't understand how you can say this. After the foul, the coach took the player out of the game and sat her on the bench. What should he have done, chewed her out and forgot about coaching the rest of the team. As for pushing and shoving, the same girl was knocked to the floor early in the first quarter and was out of the game till just before halftime. She may let her emotions get the best of her at times but she gives it her all on the court. When her emotions do become to much, the coach will and has set her on the bench until she calms down and has at times left her sitting. As for the game, you had girls, one in particular, getting in an extra push or two all night. I think she may have set one legal screen, the rest she was moving to get that extra bounce. I think we deserved to be there by beating your team on your home court. If you want to be mad about something, be mad about freethrow shooting. If you would have hit them, you wouldn't be crying so much. Believe me, I know, the same thing happened to us in the district tournament. If we would have hit them, we wouldn't have had to travel to your gym. Anyway, enjoyed visiting with most of the fans there, and enjoyed speaking with your coach before and after the game. He seems like a great guy. Good luck to your team next year! While I'm posting I want to say congrats to Forrest. Your girls played tough and disciplined and deserve all the good things that happen. We are getting closer to giving you guys some competition, just not there yet consistantly. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I agree with you 100% eaglebro. She does sometimes let her emotins get the best of her but its because she wants to play the game the best she can and when she dont she gets mad.When she does gets mad the coach sits her on the bench thats what i would do too. As far as "cheap shots" i dont know if they were really that bad...

QUOTE(ERIndians#1Fan @ Feb 27 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826391982[/snapback]I think saying they are "coached" is debateable too. Let me remind you he did nothing at the ER game when one of his girls plowed through our girl. It was an intentional foul. But, the coach did nothing. From what I understand from someone at the Forrest game last night this same girl curssed coming off the floor foul after foul (she fouled out mind you) and the coach again did nothing. I just don't get that!! They didn't deserve to be where they were.

Well East has some issues alos. I remember #22 hitting the scorers table when she got taken out against Heritage in the 2nd game

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:49 PM) 826393748[/snapback]I don't know what game u have been watching. Why does he let it go on, I don't know. We need a coach who has control over his team. The difference between this team and years past AMY RUSSELL. She is more than qualified to be the next coach.

You know I sat in the stands for all the games and I have to admit that this lady has come into our program and made an impact. I don't think they utilized what she has to offer as much as they should have. She came in when a team was down and out and was told that they couldn't do much without their "star" player that went down and she truly had that team believing in themselves. Which is how it should have been. From what I understand she was just helping the team out on a volunteer basis. Will she return next year? Do you know? The school is crazy to let her fall out of the system. Does she have a daughter at VB?

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826393748[/snapback]I don't know what game u have been watching. Why does he let it go on, I don't know. We need a coach who has control over his team. The difference between this team and years past AMY RUSSELL. She is more than qualified to be the next coach.

I have been watchin the same game as you have...and yas she has made a difference. hope she will be back next year

QUOTE(snoopy_25 @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:21 AM) 826394816[/snapback]I have been watchin the same game as you have...and yas she has made a difference. hope she will be back next year

Through the rumor mill I heard they weren't going to ask her back and that a friend of Coach B will be on the bench with him next year. Do you know any info on Russell? I am just curious is she even wants to stay at VB. All I know is she did play college ball. And of course the obvious she knows how to motivate the girls and seeems to help thema lot. I wish I had accurate info. So please share if you know anything. I do feel like VB Eaglettes would have a lot of upset parents and players if they don't ask her to return, unless she just doesn't want to. Please give updates if you know anything.

QUOTE(TNBBallFan15 @ Mar 1 2007 - 06:30 AM) 826394512[/snapback]You know I sat in the stands for all the games and I have to admit that this lady has come into our program and made an impact. I don't think they utilized what she has to offer as much as they should have. She came in when a team was down and out and was told that they couldn't do much without their "star" player that went down and she truly had that team believing in themselves. Which is how it should have been. From what I understand she was just helping the team out on a volunteer basis. Will she return next year? Do you know? The school is crazy to let her fall out of the system. Does she have a daughter at VB?

Coach Russell does an incredible job @ motivating the young ladies. It really amazes me @ how well she gets them focused & having fun. She was about the perfect compliment for Coach Binkley as a coach. I've learned a lot from her about women's basketball from listening and watching her work with the high school girls. I'm sure when she gets a chance one day (if she wants that chance) she will make an excellent high school basketball coach. Its also important to remember that normally 2 coaches are going to be stronger than 1 coach. With 2 coaches you can break your team in practice up into separate groups & still have coaches giving hands on instruction to both groups. With 2 coaches your going to have a better chance @ players connecting with the coaching staff. If the girls continue to work hard & improve over the summer as they have this season they will be incredible to watch next season. They have a lot of talent & are definitely moving in the right direction. Keep it up girls!

QUOTE(Coach_B @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826394900[/snapback]Coach Russell does an incredible job @ motivating the young ladies. It really amazes me @ how well she gets them focused & having fun. She was about the perfect compliment for Coach Binkley as a coach. I've learned a lot from her about women's basketball from listening and watching her work with the high school girls. I'm sure when she gets a chance one day (if she wants that chance) she will make an excellent high school basketball coach. Its also important to remember that normally 2 coaches are going to be stronger than 1 coach. With 2 coaches you can break your team in practice up into separate groups & still have coaches giving hands on instruction to both groups. With 2 coaches your going to have a better chance @ players connecting with the coaching staff. If the girls continue to work hard & improve over the summer as they have this season they will be incredible to watch next season. They have a lot of talent & are definitely moving in the right direction. Keep it up girls!

I agree 100% if they work hard this summer and in all of off-season and utilize those open gyms, they will be VERY tough to beat.

AGREE even more about Coach Russell. I am glad to hear that her insight is helping. I only see what happens at the games not at practices.

I hear what you are saying.........do you know if she is returning?

QUOTE(TNBBallFan15 @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826394975[/snapback]I agree 100% if they work hard this summer and in all of off-season and utilize those open gyms, they will be VERY tough to beat.

AGREE even more about Coach Russell. I am glad to hear that her insight is helping. I only see what happens at the games not at practices.

I hear what you are saying.........do you know if she is returning?

I don't know for sure if she is returning, but I would guess that she is. I have not heard anything about her not returning and she has a boy basketball player in the middle school. It would be good for the school to give her a plaque thanking her. Also if any of the girl ball players are reading this you could come up w/ something to thank her for what she's done for the team (card, cake, etc).

Coach Binkley also deserves credit for their improved play @ the end of the season. Specifically I thought he finished the season stronger in how to handle players, substitutions, defenses (depending on what lineup was in), and he deserves credit for trusting Coach Amy with all the team building activities. He adjusted his coaching style to the personnel he had around him.