Forrest vs Van Buren

meg25

I have heard a lot of talk this weekend as well. I hear Coach B will be moving into another poistion here in our school system and will not be able to coach. If this is true then someone needs to be contacting Coach Russell. Before any petitions are signed or board members contacted, will she accept the job? I haven't personally or heard that anyone has asked her. Maybe they already know who "THEY" want to replace him if he is not able to coach. He does have a brother and some other kin in the school system?????

You not only have to have a knowledge for the game to coach but you have to have buy in from your players and respect from players so you can get them ready for the game. A person only having one or the other will only be able to take a team so far. Not having the community support will only hurt a team in this size town. From my seat in the stands this year Coach Russell had both the knowledge of the game and buy in from the girls. Like quoted in a early message, a "PASSION" from the game itself. Those qualities are hard to find, but I feel Coach Russell has them both and hopefully EVERYONE will support her anyway we need to in being the next HEAD BASKETBALL COACH of our EAGLETTES!! Let's do whatever needs to be done!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, Iknew their were more people felt the same way about her as i did. She would make an awesome ball coach. She has the desire and ability to do a great job. The girls love her to death she motivates them. That is why they did so great this year. This team is talented to go real far into the state next loaded with some great SOPHMORES and a SENIOR for next year. If we don't offer her the JOB some other school will pick her up to be their COACH. Let's go to the BOARD with this it is a great idea. WHERE IS THE PAPER I WILL SIGN IT. When is the next meeting. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Mar 5 2007 - 04:39 PM) 826400823[/snapback]Finally, Iknew their were more people felt the same way about her as i did. She would make an awesome ball coach. She has the desire and ability to do a great job. The girls love her to death she motivates them. That is why they did so great this year. This team is talented to go real far into the state next loaded with some great SOPHMORES and a SENIOR for next year. If we don't offer her the JOB some other school will pick her up to be their COACH. Let's go to the BOARD with this it is a great idea. WHERE IS THE PAPER I WILL SIGN IT. When is the next meeting. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Last time I checked there was more than a senior on the team for next year..... Sounds to me Bird that you only want playing time for one...

QUOTE(go eagles go @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826401936[/snapback]Last time I checked there was more than a senior on the team for next year..... Sounds to me Bird that you only want playing time for one...

I believe your right. sound like bird 33 wants some one to play and looks like they dont like coach binkley. but any way to bird 33 it was mtcs that put us out in the first round of districts last year. I dont know wny your so hard on binkley looks like if he was doin such a bad job then he would have been out of the head coaching job a while back

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Mar 5 2007 - 04:39 PM) 826400823[/snapback]Finally, Iknew their were more people felt the same way about her as i did. She would make an awesome ball coach. She has the desire and ability to do a great job. The girls love her to death she motivates them. That is why they did so great this year. This team is talented to go real far into the state next loaded with some great SOPHMORES and a SENIOR for next year. If we don't offer her the JOB some other school will pick her up to be their COACH. Let's go to the BOARD with this it is a great idea. WHERE IS THE PAPER I WILL SIGN IT. When is the next meeting. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Bird 33 who are wrong about next years team, because not only will there be sophmores and SENIORS there will also be some great JUNIORS. Also you can sign all the petitions you want to get Coach Russell (a great person) hired it is not going to help her get the job, because TSSAA rules say that a person who is not a teacher or employee of the school system must be an asst. coach for at least 5 years before they become a full time head coach. So Bird 33 you need to check all your facts. Also for Coach B to be such a horrible coach he had an awful good record this season. A 20 win season is better than what most coaches could accomplish in a season. GO EAGLETTES!!!!!

Snoopy U R WRONG. Cascade put us out LAST YEAR. MTCS ALSO WAS PUT OUT BY COMMUNITY THAT IS WHY THEY FIRED THEIR COACH AND HIRED A NEW ONE. SNOOPY did u know that they went to SUB-STATE THIS YEAR. NEITHER US NOR MTCS GOT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND LAST YEAR. I think i am right 99 SEASON was the LAST 20 SEASON. wE HAVE HAD THE SAME COACH FOR 7 OR 8 YEARS i think that is right. WHY did it take so LONG for us to get back to that. THE TALENT has ALWAYS been there over these past 7or 8 YEARS. THEN all of the sudden her comes AMY RUSSELL in to VOUUNTER HER TIME AND ABILITY. LOW AND BEHOLD look at what they did this year. IF U CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE THEN I GUESS U R BLIND. SHE MOTIVATED THESE GIRLS AT EVERY GAME AND PRACTICE. ASK YOURSELF WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET BACK. And by the way KONE U CALLED HIM HORRIBLE. WE can do better. LET'S BE LIKE MTCS GO GET US A NEW COACH DIR. OF SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL BOARD.

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Mar 6 2007 - 05:36 PM) 826402604[/snapback]Snoopy U R WRONG. Cascade put us out LAST YEAR. MTCS ALSO WAS PUT OUT BY COMMUNITY THAT IS WHY THEY FIRED THEIR COACH AND HIRED A NEW ONE. SNOOPY did u know that they went to SUB-STATE THIS YEAR. NEITHER US NOR MTCS GOT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND LAST YEAR. I think i am right 99 SEASON was the LAST 20 SEASON. wE HAVE HAD THE SAME COACH FOR 7 OR 8 YEARS i think that is right. WHY did it take so LONG for us to get back to that. THE TALENT has ALWAYS been there over these past 7or 8 YEARS. THEN all of the sudden her comes AMY RUSSELL in to VOUUNTER HER TIME AND ABILITY. LOW AND BEHOLD look at what they did this year. IF U CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE THEN I GUESS U R BLIND. SHE MOTIVATED THESE GIRLS AT EVERY GAME AND PRACTICE. ASK YOURSELF WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET BACK. And by the way KONE U CALLED HIM HORRIBLE. WE can do better. LET'S BE LIKE MTCS GO GET US A NEW COACH DIR. OF SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL BOARD.

Lets be like mtcs??? This is VB i dont think we need to be like anybody... You have a twenty win season get to the second round of region and get beat there by the defending state CHAMPS and you want to just up and fire the coach... Nothin against amy russell i hope she comes back and helps coach or becomes coach she is a great coach for the girls but you cant just let go of a coach after all that. I dont like some of the things that the girls coach does either but i mean after they got so far last year i dont see the school letting him go...

Okay Van Buren County, here's the deal. As of today, our girls are not ready for the next level. This afternoon I watched a team beat the best team in our district and region by 25 points. The girls from Gleason beat Forrest by a score of 53-28. I know, I know, I know, we beat Forrst at home this season and played them close in the post season. Take my word for it, we are not ready for the state tournament. Can we get ready--yes. Can we get ready by only getting a year older--no way. Here is the main point in this post, the person that coaches these girls next year should not be priority one, as of today. Our girls must use this off season to improve their offensive and defensive skills. They should work on their ball handling, their weight training, their leaping ability, etc, etc, etc. If you are the parent of a girl that hopes to make next year's team, make a commitment to your daughter to do everything possible to get her ready for next season. Send her to camps, make sure that she attends all the open gyms, get someone to work with her individually, do everything within your means this summer. If you are a player and reading this, I only have one question for you--What are you doing on the computer? Why aren't you somewhere with a basketball in your hand, or doing something to make yourself better for next year. The other girls that want to get better for next year are. Back to the coaching situation. Good coaches take good ball players and put them in the proper positions to excel. If our girls do not get better in the off season, it's not going to matter a great deal who coaches them. I do not want to be back on here discussing these same issues next year. Parents, make the commitment! Players, get to work!

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Mar 6 2007 - 05:36 PM) 826402604[/snapback]Snoopy U R WRONG. Cascade put us out LAST YEAR. MTCS ALSO WAS PUT OUT BY COMMUNITY THAT IS WHY THEY FIRED THEIR COACH AND HIRED A NEW ONE. SNOOPY did u know that they went to SUB-STATE THIS YEAR. NEITHER US NOR MTCS GOT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND LAST YEAR. I think i am right 99 SEASON was the LAST 20 SEASON. wE HAVE HAD THE SAME COACH FOR 7 OR 8 YEARS i think that is right. WHY did it take so LONG for us to get back to that. THE TALENT has ALWAYS been there over these past 7or 8 YEARS. THEN all of the sudden her comes AMY RUSSELL in to VOUUNTER HER TIME AND ABILITY. LOW AND BEHOLD look at what they did this year. IF U CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE THEN I GUESS U R BLIND. SHE MOTIVATED THESE GIRLS AT EVERY GAME AND PRACTICE. ASK YOURSELF WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET BACK. And by the way KONE U CALLED HIM HORRIBLE. WE can do better. LET'S BE LIKE MTCS GO GET US A NEW COACH DIR. OF SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL BOARD.

I never called the coach HORRIBLE I do not understand where you are getting this from bird 33 an "awful good record" is an expression of saying how great something is. The coach we have know is a very good coach who deserves the job that he has. It seems to me that you bird 33 have a problem with the way things are being done just because you think a player that is your child or related to you is not played before players that are better than her.

I agree 100% the girls need to make a commitment to themselves first to want to be a better player and team for next year. They have to have the want and desire inside or it does not matter who coaches them. However, these girls are still kids and need someone that is going to get them in shape and help develop their skills and help them work with others as a team. A coach can not take a girl or boy and make them better without the player helping. However, a coach is responsible for having his team ready to play and play the players that are ready to play. The coach has to be able to take it to the next level and make sure his or her team can take it to the level of play you watched at State. I agree our girls were not ready for that but could have been ready for that level. The talent was here and still is here for several years to come. The coach has to be held accountable for success and failures at the high school level just like at other levels like college or pros. With the POSSIBILITY of our current coach taking a promotion and not being able to coach next year I feel the decision should be looked at closely. We have saw what Coach Russell is capable of. If she is willing to make arrangements and commitments to become eligible to become a head coach then why would we want to roll the dice with someone else when we have her?

QUOTE(treners_kone @ Mar 8 2007 - 01:04 PM) 826404882[/snapback]I never called the coach HORRIBLE I do not understand where you are getting this from bird 33 an "awful good record" is an expression of saying how great something is. The coach we have know is a very good coach who deserves the job that he has. It seems to me that you bird 33 have a problem with the way things are being done just because you think a player that is your child or related to you is not played before players that are better than her.

Thank you!!

----------------------------------------------------

You and I will meet again, When we're least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won't say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again.

Tom Petty

I was not sure if someone would take the comments the wrong way, and was a little concerned that someone may think I was being negative toward our girls. I'm in no way being negative toward the girls team. My point in the post was this, if we had the coach from Gleason for this past season, those girls from Gleason would still beat us by 20. Most people know that the off season is where one would improve their skills as a player. The practice time during the season is usually spent on designing offensive and defensive sets and coming together as a team. Again, I did not mean anything negative but only wanted parents and players to know that now is the time to start for next season. We should have the highest of expectations for our girls program. We should also realize that it is going to take hard work in the off season.