Livingston / Smith Co. (Regions)

glover

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wildcat324 @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826388451[/snapback]hard to think that this could turn into an upset game. LA will win. The previous two meetings were pretty easy wins, why not make the third an easy one as well. LA by 20. Get used to it...

The regular season game at LA was led by SC most of the game. LA made a run late and won by 4. SC led by 7 at the half...and

3 and the end of the 3rd. It was not an easy win. If SC can handle the press...and get the ball to Ferriss...they have a good

chance to win. LA has no answer for her inside. It just depends on how many times they can get her the ball by not turning it over like

they did the last time they played.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:41 PM) 826388462[/snapback]The regular season game at LA was led by SC most of the game. LA made a run late and won by 4. SC led by 7 at the half...and

3 and the end of the 3rd. It was not an easy win. If SC can handle the press...and get the ball to Ferriss...they have a good

chance to win. LA has no answer for her inside. It just depends on how many times they can get her the ball by not turning it over like

they did the last time they played.

I know Brittany McCoin isn't no where near as tall as Kaci Ferris but she played awesome defense on her last time at Smith Co. The LA girls had a little bit of a scare friday night against White House late in the game when they was only 2 ahead. I believe LA didnt play no where near as hard as they had been because I know they are alot better than White House and I think they are going to be fired up monday night.

GO HOG-EYE ALL THE WAY!!!

QUOTE(LA Wildcats @ Feb 25 2007 - 05:23 PM) 826388891[/snapback]I know Brittany McCoin isn't no where near as tall as Kaci Ferris but she played awesome defense on her last time at Smith Co. The LA girls had a little bit of a scare friday night against White House late in the game when they was only 2 ahead. I believe LA didnt play no where near as hard as they had been because I know they are alot better than White House and I think they are going to be fired up monday night.

GO HOG-EYE ALL THE WAY!!!

Ferriss had 23 points on 11 of 12 from the field in that game. If that's awesome defense...we'll take it. She just didn't get the ball enough

because of the turnovers. LA cannot defend her down low.

I did like all of the comments in the Overton County News after that game. I'm sure our girls read that.

Here is what was said in the Overton County News.

"By MAC McLEOD, OCN Sports

At 6' 8", Smith County's Kayci Farris is perhaps the tallest girls high school basketball player in the state. Her height alone makes her a formable obstacle to any opponent, and somewhere along the line she's determined to play her college ball at the University of Tennessee and be a star.

Recently Farris told one of the Nashville television stations she was going to UT and be the next Candace Parker. Parker is one of the best players in the nation.

"She may go to UT, and she may be a good player, but right now she's no Candace Parker," Livingston Academy's Ashley Matthew flatly pointed out Friday night after the Lady Wildcats toppled Farris and her Smith County teammates in commanding fashion, 56-42.

Farris got her normal 20 plus points, but she didn't compare to 5"6" Matthews .

LA head coach Lesley Smith said, "That may have been Ashley's best game ever at Livingston Academy. She did everything from taking a couple rebounds from Farris to nailing more points. She played her heart out tonight, and I was so proud of her."

Farris scored 23 points, grabbed more rebounds than anyone on the floor, and had 4 blocked shots in one period; but it still wasn't enough to topple Livingston. Matthews nailed 25 points and simply controlled the tempo of the entire game.

And she got a lot of help. Inside, Brittany McCoin played perhaps her best game as a Lady Wildcat, going toe to toe with the much taller Farris and coming away with 6 points, but just as important, she never gave an inch inside.

"Well," McCoin started out, "you have to respect her height, but you have to figure a way to hold her out, and tonight we just went at her as hard as we could and it paid off.

"Kendria (Kilgore) faked her one way and scored the other way, and Britany (Smith) just never gave up inside. "

If those arrogant comments don't get our girls fired up...nothing will.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Feb 25 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826388923[/snapback]Ferriss had 23 points on 11 of 12 from the field in that game. If that's awesome defense...we'll take it. She just didn't get the ball enough

I did like all of the comments in the Overton County News after that game. I'm sure our girls read that.

At 6' 8", Smith County's Kayci Farris is perhaps the tallest girls high school basketball player in the state. Her height alone makes her a formable obstacle to any opponent, and somewhere along the line she's determined to play her college ball at the University of Tennessee and be a star.

Recently Farris told one of the Nashville television stations she was going to UT and be the next Candace Parker. Parker is one of the best players in the nation.

"She may go to UT, and she may be a good player, but right now she's no Candace Parker," Livingston Academy's Ashley Matthew flatly pointed out Friday night after the Lady Wildcats toppled Farris and her Smith County teammates in commanding fashion, 56-42.

LA head coach Lesley Smith said, "That may have been Ashley's best game ever at Livingston Academy. She did everything from taking a couple rebounds from Farris to nailing more points. She played her heart out tonight, and I was so proud of her."

Farris scored 23 points, grabbed more rebounds than anyone on the floor, and had 4 blocked shots in one period; but it still wasn't enough to topple Livingston. Matthews nailed 25 points and simply controlled the tempo of the entire game.

And she got a lot of help. Inside, Brittany McCoin played perhaps her best game as a Lady Wildcat, going toe to toe with the much taller Farris and coming away with 6 points, but just as important, she never gave an inch inside.

"Well," McCoin started out, "you have to respect her height, but you have to figure a way to hold her out, and tonight we just went at her as hard as we could and it paid off.

"Kendria (Kilgore) faked her one way and scored the other way, and Britany (Smith) just never gave up inside. "

truth hurts

QUOTE(Antwan @ Feb 25 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826388923[/snapback]Ferriss had 23 points on 11 of 12 from the field in that game. If that's awesome defense...we'll take it. She just didn't get the ball enough

I didn't say she completly shut her down but she played about as good as defense as you can on someone that is 6'8".

I don't find any of that article arrogant. It's just telling the truth. If anything is arrogant it is what Kaci Ferris told Fox 17 News.