CPA vs. Giles Co.

ThePenguin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51-47 GC!!! This game is for all the many haters out there. Giles County came out excited and battled the entire game. CPA gave us a scare with the post play of that huge number 12, but Creshawn Holt and the Giles County defense stepped it up in the second half. Tryce Nelson was ON with his shooting and the big threes by Z Roberts as soon as he came in and later in the 4th quarter got the GC fans and the 5 men on the floor back in the game. Giles County brought alot of fans to Spring Hill who did an excellent job of staying up and yelling the entire game. Good game by CPA but I guess your Facebook group will have to find another topic of conversation. We'll see Pearl Cohn on Thursday for another thrilller.

Oh and Cardinals09 we as the bench mob would like for u to tell us ur name so we can address the issue of mutiny. u said u are a bobcat fan yet u havent been behind us the whole time u are so negative toward us yet when we win u become on our side so we would like ur name plz there will be no revenge on u but we would still like to know thank u and goodbye.

QUOTE(norespect @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:10 AM) 826392960[/snapback]51-47 GC!!! This game is for all the many haters out there. Giles County came out excited and battled the entire game. CPA gave us a scare with the post play of that huge number 12, but Creshawn Holt and the Giles County defense stepped it up in the second half. Tryce Nelson was ON with his shooting and the big threes by Z Roberts as soon as he came in and later in the 4th quarter got the GC fans and the 5 men on the floor back in the game. Giles County brought alot of fans to Spring Hill who did an excellent job of staying up and yelling the entire game. Good game by CPA but I guess your Facebook group will have to find another topic of conversation. We'll see Pearl Cohn on Thursday for another thrilller.

For starters, i have never seen a group of such classless kids in my life! the GC student section was ridiculous!! I dont think they cheered for their team one time, it was all at attacking the CPA student section. At one point they started chanting "Go read the Bible", like what? i mean im sorry but your students represent your school and they might be "nice" people but it made GC look like a bunch of uncivilized rednecks!

Now to the game.....The game went back and forth the whole time. CPA came out early and with a 9-2 lead. Thats when there crowd started calling "Z" garbage....yeah ok /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ! Z got 2 fouls early in the second and had to sit most of it. Thats when GC came back and took the lead. And then GC decided to hold the ball.....which i dont know why considering that Z had been stopping them and now he was out yet they held the ball. In the second half GC went to a zone and CPA couldnt hit any three's! GC was shooting great jump shots and got lots of second oppertunities on offense. At the end of the game there was a controversial/blocking call that went in GC favor. That was it. With a 45 sec. left CPA would have tied and had a chance to go up 1. Instead GC got the ball and hit their foul shots. CPA had a great season and are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming years!!!

QUOTE(aauboy @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826393081[/snapback]Did Maddox get outcoached? Need more depth? Whatever the case maybe, I'm sure CPA will address it in the off season. They'll do whatever it takes to win. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

To answer your question MaddUx DIDNT get outcoached. In fact i think he coached a great game. CPA did exactly what they wanted to do gettting Z the ball early. Then GC went into a zone which is great for a team who has the leading 3 point shooter in the state......but we didnt shooot well. That was the difference...they made their jumpers and we didnt....IF anything i would say their coach could have lost the game for them...I mean when Z is on the bench....you attack the middle...when he is in with 2 fouls....you attack the middle! Maddux didnt get outcoached!

For starters, i have never seen a group of such classless kids in my life! the GC student section was ridiculous!! I dont think they cheered for their team one time, it was all at attacking the CPA student section. At one point they started chanting "Go read the Bible", like what? i mean im sorry but your students represent your school and they might be "nice" people but it made GC look like a bunch of uncivilized rednecks!

Lol... Wow like that is the first time ive ever heard gc was classless!! Get over it you lost just like DL did!!! The only player yall had was Z thats it.. your soo called three point shooter was terrible half the time he shot it didnt hit anything just AIR!! Ill give all the props in the world to Z.. he was good.. but if he ever wants to win a championship he is going to have to get out of there because he is doing it all by himself... As for the gc student section saying go read your Bible we never said that so plz get ur facts straighed b 4 u come in saying that.. and ur fans that i guess u think are perfect are gonna follow us out the gym doors sayin all kinds of stuff so stop actin like its only gc fans that do stuff the only reason that anybody says anything is because they lost. gameover. end of story!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />... As for the controversial/blocking call i mean come on you cant blame the game on that one call and i couldnt really tell what is was because i was on the other side of the court... Like i said in a earlier post if GC hits there free throws in the end they win and in the last thirty seconds they hit all four free throws they shot and that was the deciding factor of the game..

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:53 AM) 826393147[/snapback]To answer your question MaddUx DIDNT get outcoached. In fact i think he coached a great game. CPA did exactly what they wanted to do gettting Z the ball early. Then GC went into a zone which is great for a team who has the leading 3 point shooter in the state......but we didnt shooot well. That was the difference...they made their jumpers and we didnt....IF anything i would say their coach could have lost the game for them...I mean when Z is on the bench....you attack the middle...when he is in with 2 fouls....you attack the middle! Maddux didnt get outcoached!

Big P...How do you like me now!!!!

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826393131[/snapback]For starters, i have never seen a group of such classless kids in my life! the GC student section was ridiculous!! I dont think they cheered for their team one time, it was all at attacking the CPA student section. At one point they started chanting "Go read the Bible", like what? i mean im sorry but your students represent your school and they might be "nice" people but it made GC look like a bunch of uncivilized rednecks!

Now to the game.....The game went back and forth the whole time. CPA came out early and with a 9-2 lead. Thats when there crowd started calling "Z" garbage....yeah ok /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ! Z got 2 fouls early in the second and had to sit most of it. Thats when GC came back and took the lead. And then GC decided to hold the ball.....which i dont know why considering that Z had been stopping them and now he was out yet they held the ball. In the second half GC went to a zone and CPA couldnt hit any three's! GC was shooting great jump shots and got lots of second oppertunities on offense. At the end of the game there was a controversial/blocking call that went in GC favor. That was it. With a 45 sec. left CPA would have tied and had a chance to go up 1. Instead GC got the ball and hit their foul shots. CPA had a great season and are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming years!!!

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> EXCUSE ME BUT WE ARE SOOOO SORRY THAT WE HAVE SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!!!!!....U CANNOT SAY WE DONT HAVE CLASS BECAUSE AT LEAST WE SHOW SOME SUPPORT FOR OUR TEAM....WHENEVER GCHS HAS A GAME U CAN BET THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF FANS FOLLOWING! WE CANNOT HELP THAT WE ARE SO DOMINANT OVER OUR DISTRICT (AND OBVIOUSLY OUR REGION) AND IF THAT MAKES THE LOSERS MAD THEN TOOO BAD!!! AND AS FOR Z HE DIDNT SHOW ANYTHING....MAYBE HE CAN MAKE ALL OF THOSE SHOTS WE NO ONE IS GUARDING HIM BUT OUR BOYS CAME OUT,PUT A HAND UP, AND SHUT HIM DOWN AND I DONT REMEMBER Z SHOOTING ONE THAT EVEN LOOKED LIKE IT WAS GOING IN!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> CLASSY OR CLASSLESS EITHER WAY GCHS WON!

GOOD LUCK BOYS I LUV YALL!

QUOTE(go_nuggets @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826396785[/snapback]/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> EXCUSE ME BUT WE ARE SOOOO SORRY THAT WE HAVE SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!!!!!....U CANNOT SAY WE DONT HAVE CLASS BECAUSE AT LEAST WE SHOW SOME SUPPORT FOR OUR TEAM....WHENEVER GCHS HAS A GAME U CAN BET THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF FANS FOLLOWING! WE CANNOT HELP THAT WE ARE SO DOMINANT OVER OUR DISTRICT (AND OBVIOUSLY OUR REGION) AND IF THAT MAKES THE LOSERS MAD THEN TOOO BAD!!! AND AS FOR Z HE DIDNT SHOW ANYTHING....MAYBE HE CAN MAKE ALL OF THOSE SHOTS WE NO ONE IS GUARDING HIM BUT OUR BOYS CAME OUT,PUT A HAND UP, AND SHUT HIM DOWN AND I DONT REMEMBER Z SHOOTING ONE THAT EVEN LOOKED LIKE IT WAS GOING IN!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> CLASSY OR CLASSLESS EITHER WAY GCHS WON!

GOOD LUCK BOYS I LUV YALL!

Dude, lose the bold.

I think you have your players mixed up. Z scored 21 pts and blocked 5 shots. I do not call that shutting him down. It would have been a different game is Z had not sat out the entire 2nd qtr. GC got back into the game in the 2nd qtr after CPA controlled the 1st qtr.