greatest high school player ever?

Guest jwolf

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by FRHSKEEP:

one of the best players in my opinion in TN soccer would have to be phillip stack...he was an all american his sophmore and senior years, im not sure what happened his junior year...he got a full ride to vanderbilt

i would have to agree. i played against stack when he was with frhs and at the vandy soccer camp. he is incredible. he can definately back up all of the awards he has gotten.

bluesoccer, im guessing you play for mccallie. a couple years ago i heard yall had like 3 all-americans on your team, but im not sure about that. also, do u know brent blackburn and where hes goin to college?

Posted by FRHSKEEP:
Posted by UPSGregg:

Sounds familiar. Did he play for Father Ryan?

yes he did play for father ryan...2 time all american, dont know what happened his junior year, he got it his sophmore and senior years...

Ok I thought he sounded familiar. We played Father Ryan in scrimmages and I think I played against him. Father Ryan always seemed loaded though so I guess he just kind of blended in with the rest of the team. How they didn't win state EVERY year in the 90s is amazing. They were just as good as the Houston teams that ruled the state back then but always seemed to get upset before state. Then the private school split happened.

Posted by hgh3434:

Scott Blount was the Reigion 3 odp team keeper for 2 straight years and went to furman on a full scholarship and was a two time all american. In high school gatorade player of the year.

another good keeper from the state of TN is Henry Ring, he went to brentwood high, then to south carolina...he now is a backup on the Chicago Fire of the mls

• 3 weeks later...

Played on US u-17 National team, youngest player in USL history when he played on the Chattanooga Express at 15. Had 100+ goal career at Chattanooga Central, basically carrying those teams. Speed and shot power unmatched for someone his age. He gave up soccer though, he's now an All-American punter/place kicker at Auburn.