Oakland vs. Shelbyville: Region 4AAA semi final

basketballfan2003

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Golden_Eagle @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826391176[/snapback]Well we can compare wins from 7-AAA and Shelbyvile but all that doesnt matter in basketball any team can beat any team on any day so we will see tommorow night what the outcome is. I just dont understand the Shelbyville haters.

nobody hates shelbyville (atleast i dont) but i share the opinion of others that shelbyville is ignorant if they think they are as battle tested as the district 7 teams

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826391193[/snapback]nobody hates shelbyville (atleast i dont) but i share the opinion of others that shelbyville is ignorant if they think they are as battle tested as the district 7 teams

How you know that? The answer? You dont. Antioch, BA, Blackman 3 times, Riverdale 2, Bradley Central, Bearden, Wilson Central 2, Powell, Paducah Tillman, Clinton, KY. All of these teams except for Blackman is in the region semis. Nuff said.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:25 PM) 826391198[/snapback]How you know that? The answer? You dont. Antioch, BA, Blackman 3 times, Riverdale 2, Bradley Central, Bearden, Wilson Central 2, Powell, Paducah Tillman, Clinton, KY. All of these teams except for Blackman is in the region semis. Nuff said.

excuse my wording (or lack there of), i meant in their district in comparison to ours because that was a topic being discussed

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826389750[/snapback]This would be the region final if Oakland would have taken care of business. But cannnot change that now and this young SCHS team for them to go where no one said they had a chance to go was going to have win a region semifinal game and it might as well be against Oakland that they step up and show the Boro what they are capable of. This game will surpise the heck out of me if it is a double figures margin for either team as many have already predicted. SCHS has to limit second chance scoring for OAK and get back on defense to limit OAK transition and take advantage of its own transition oppurtunities. Got a feeling with Oakland sagging D that the Eagles will play well. Do that and SCHS has a chance.

Sorry we couldn't take care of business for you jrm.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:30 PM) 826390562[/snapback]My bad priceless you and Oaklandgrad I would not include in that group

I feel neglected after this comment /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

YES your district tougher. But overall SCHS's out of district schedule stacks up with every one of 7AAA. Loses to BA, Riverdale, Blackman, Bradley Central, Antioch, Clinton, KY, Paducah Tillman at HoopsFest in KY. No shame in losing to these teams. All quality. 17-2 since right before Christmas. One Senior. Lost 7 players from last years team. They beat the teams they were supposed to and some ones they werent supposed to. Nuff said. Lets get it on and play.

QUOTE(randymc @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:38 PM) 826391208[/snapback]Sorry we couldn't take care of business for you jrm.

I feel neglected after this comment /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I gave you props in another post. I didnt forget ya /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> U ready for tomorrow?

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826390658[/snapback]Actually in all seriousness it was before our young team came together, they are 17-2 since that loss.

I thought it was you. Your the only sane one here, well except for RandyMc. I Agree.

See /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If Oakland scores early and takes a good run in the first half....that doesnt mean they will win.

Everyone can see that about what happened at the Oakland Riverdale game for the turny. Oakland

will have to play solid the whole game. I see no reason why Oakland doesnt win by 20 or so. I see

no reason Shelbyville cant win ether. The games Oakland lost have been bad. I was at the lost to Riverdale and Oakland just stopped playing after the half. If Oakland comes in and is up by 20 when the first half is over with and then they come back playing like they did in the first half they will win easy. But if they come in with their heads to high and they think they have it in the bag they will lose and their season be over with. I expect Oakland to come in and play like no one has ever seen them. The can not lose this game. If Oakland plays like everyone knows they can there will be no team in Tennessee that can stop them. But if they come in and dont play then they wont win. I have always had respect for every team except for siegel. Because I know as it was already said, any team can beat any team on any day. Lets just hope for Oaklands sake...that they win tomorrow. And then beat Riverdale. Then after all that id said and done we can worry about state. Because they have to go through a very good Shelbyville team and then a on fire Riverdale team.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:42 PM) 826391211[/snapback]I gave you props in another post. I didnt forget ya /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> U ready for tomorrow?

See /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ah, yes, I must have missed that one....I am ready for tonight, can't wait....will be lots of fun.

QUOTE(Oaklandpower06 @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:13 AM) 826391241[/snapback]If Oakland scores early and takes a good run in the first half....that doesnt mean they will win.

Everyone can see that about what happened at the Oakland Riverdale game for the turny. Oakland

will have to play solid the whole game. I see no reason why Oakland doesnt win by 20 or so. I see

no reason Shelbyville cant win ether. The games Oakland lost have been bad. I was at the lost to Riverdale and Oakland just stopped playing after the half. If Oakland comes in and is up by 20 when the first half is over with and then they come back playing like they did in the first half they will win easy. But if they come in with their heads to high and they think they have it in the bag they will lose and their season be over with. I expect Oakland to come in and play like no one has ever seen them. The can not lose this game. If Oakland plays like everyone knows they can there will be no team in Tennessee that can stop them. But if they come in and dont play then they wont win. I have always had respect for every team except for siegel. Because I know as it was already said, any team can beat any team on any day. Lets just hope for Oaklands sake...that they win tomorrow. And then beat Riverdale. Then after all that id said and done we can worry about state. Because they have to go through a very good Shelbyville team and then a on fire Riverdale team.

Good post. I will guarantee this though, if Shelbyville wins tonight, they will be in the state tournament guaranteed. Go Eagles. This should be a great game tonight.

QUOTE(Oaklandpower06 @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:13 AM) 826391241[/snapback]If Oakland scores early and takes a good run in the first half....that doesnt mean they will win.

Best post I think you've ever made. The legacy of these 5 seniors at Oakland are at stake tonight. Through the 3 regular season, they have just been wonderful, with the last 2 resulting in district championships. However, when the postseason has come around, Oakland hasnt been able to duplicate their regular season success. I have truly enjoyed each and every senior that is on this team, but by no means am I ready for it to end and I would go as far to say that this season would be a failure/underachievement. The legacy on these 5 seniors is on the line tonight, will they play the game of their lives or will Oakland's season end at the same spot where it ended last year?

What makes you think Shelbyville is quicker than Oakland ?? And as far as 8aaa goes Warren County probably would have made the regions if they were in that district (3-1 against 8aaa). I think you have got it backwards, Shelbyville will be guarded like they never seen before. Oakland aint't going out this early !!! Look for a very energized Oakland team tommorrow night, I say Oakland by 18.

[/quote

People say 8AAA is not as deep as 7AAA but 7 has one good team and one mediocre team. 8 has one good team and one mediocre team. Oakland has no competiton in their district and neither does shelbyville.