Best AA teams in state?

EMbaseball8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pfbaseballfan @ Mar 5 2007 - 08:49 PM) 826401070[/snapback]What about Pigeon Forge?

Hopefully will have a good year, defense should be solid but the offense may struggle. Jason Butcher is going to show his normal prowress on the mound....should be interesting how things turn out and I wish them the best.

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826401648[/snapback]I guess it is real easy to win when you recuit the best of the best..It is amazing that most of the top teams are Private schools...

Of these top 12 projected teams, how many are private? It is certainly arguable to say who are the top teams as well.

USJ

Covington

Harpeth

Dyersburg

Lexington

Notre Dame

Goodpasture

David Lipscomb

Loudon

Anderson County

Seymour

Rutledge

First of all, Covington probably will not even make it out of their district, much less make it to the state tournament! Second of all, you public school people need to get over your jealousy and hatred of the private schools! If you want to talk about teams recruitting, why not hit on the magnet schools for a while.? Do you honestly think that all of their athletes comes from within their school zone? NO WAY!!

QUOTE(SallyMae @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826401904[/snapback]First of all, Covington probably will not even make it out of their district, much less make it to the state tournament! Second of all, you public school people need to get over your jealousy and hatred of the private schools! If you want to talk about teams recruitting, why not hit on the magnet schools for a while.? Do you honestly think that all of their athletes comes from within their school zone? NO WAY!!

You have got to wonder how it will be before it impacts Baseball like it has Basketball.

USJ is going to make a solid run this year. They really only lost Spencer from last year and they still have a really solid line up with Gant and Liles both still there.

Look for them to do amazing things this year.

and HALFCOURT.... You cant really compare it to basketball because if you are claiming that private schools recruit, look at USJ?s basketball team this year. Im pretty sure they dont lol

QUOTE(frankiec996 @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826402415[/snapback]USJ is going to make a solid run this year. They really only lost Spencer from last year and they still have a really solid line up with Gant and Liles both still there.

and HALFCOURT.... You cant really compare it to basketball because if you are claiming that private schools recruit, look at USJ?s basketball team this year. Im pretty sure they dont lol

I was actually refering to Magnet schools and the freedom it gives players to move. Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way its just my opinion.

QUOTE(frankiec996 @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826402415[/snapback]USJ is going to make a solid run this year. They really only lost Spencer from last year and they still have a really solid line up with Gant and Liles both still there.

My son attends one of the private schools and he started in the first grade. No coach recruited him. Most of his teammates either started in the 5th or sixth grade. No recruiting involved with them. And none are on scholarship either. No they arent like public schools, but dont lump them in the same class as the BA's of the world either.

QUOTE(turnin two @ Mar 6 2007 - 03:54 PM) 826402432[/snapback]My son attends one of the private schools and he started in the first grade. No coach recruited him. Most of his teammates either started in the 5th or sixth grade. No recruiting involved with them. And none are on scholarship either. No they arent like public schools, but dont lump them in the same class as the BA's of the world either.

Exactly. My kid's at a parochial school and been there since kiddygarden, as have 85 percent of the other players. Give it

a rest.