Whats up with the rim...Region play at springhill

shpshter93

Went to Springhill to watch Marshall county/ Ezell and Lewis County/ Lipscomb games. How does the T.S.S.A.A. allow Championship basketball to be played in a Gym where one basket is so loose that the rim bounces with each make or miss. I know that the argument will be that both teams had to play at that rim, but if you are going to host a Region Championship your gym should be in perfect condition. I inquired about the rim before the start of tonights action and was told "Well its been that way all year" "we tried to tighten it and it would not work". The other rim in the Gym is fine. How stupid. TSSAA should be embarrassed.

Any thoughts?

Congrats to Marshall and Lipscomb. Good luck Wednesday night.

i agree, TSSAA should send a hired representative to EACH gym on gamedays and check both rim, backboard, and net!

let's see that is 24 hired personnel (48 in district) (96 on satellite region night) (24 for sectionals) at 50 cents a mile and let's say 25 bucks an hour for an average time of 4 hours per round trip and 100 miles per

that is only $3600 per night in region final four, and $7200 per night in district tourneys, and $14400 on regional satellite night boys, and ditto for girls, and then

region final four boys/girls for 4 days = $14400

district for 6 days = $43200

region satellites = $28800

boy/girl sectionals = $7200

for crying out loud that would only cost $93600, so WHY ARE WE NOT DOING THIS!!!!!!???????

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(3pointer @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:41 AM) 826391212[/snapback]i agree, TSSAA should send a hired representative to EACH gym on gamedays and check both rim, backboard, and net!

let's see that is 24 hired personnel (48 in district) (96 on satellite region night) (24 for sectionals) at 50 cents a mile and let's say 25 bucks an hour for an average time of 4 hours per round trip and 100 miles per

that is only $3600 per night in region final four, and $7200 per night in district tourneys, and $14400 on regional satellite night boys, and ditto for girls, and then

for crying out loud that would only cost $93600, so WHY ARE WE NOT DOING THIS!!!!!!???????

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

So have the refs do it...what would it take 15 minutes.

QUOTE(3pointer @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:41 AM) 826391212[/snapback]i agree, TSSAA should send a hired representative to EACH gym on gamedays and check both rim, backboard, and net!

Well how smart are you. You must be with the TSSAA, because all they do is charge 50 cents per mile 25 dollars per hour, and you get nothing for it.

ANd it would only make sence for a Person of your intelligence to be able to only look at one gym per day, So I can understand your arguement. Heck lets just play out in the city park. I would also be in agreement that since we could not trust your judgement (your probably a homer right!) we would have to check the gym every night.

The TSSAA already has representatives there, and they are already paid, they are the officials..!!!!!!!!!!!

so it costs nothing

Your not as brilliant as you think

What can the refs do about a problem with the rim at a game. If something is wrong they cannot cancel the game and they cannot fix the rim. The home management is the ones responsible.

QUOTE(shpshter93 @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826391343[/snapback]Well how smart are you. You must be with the TSSAA, because all they do is charge 50 cents per mile 25 dollars per hour, and you get nothing for it.

ANd it would only make sence for a Person of your intelligence to be able to only look at one gym per day, So I can understand your arguement. Heck lets just play out in the city park. I would also be in agreement that since we could not trust your judgement (your probably a homer right!) we would have to check the gym every night.

The TSSAA already has representatives there, and they are already paid, they are the officials..!!!!!!!!!!!

so it costs nothing

Your not as brilliant as you think