Livingston vs Upperman Round 4

King21

QUOTE(King21 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826391614[/snapback]umm last time i checked la or upperman aint the indians, but thanks

What does that mean? I am simply wondering how the other region is.

I watched Seq. play Tellico last night, and I thought that Tellico beat themselves. I did however feel that Seq. did a good job of keeping their composure to come back and win.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826391497[/snapback]Upperman wins games with their press and very tough D. And yes, very few teams who play them can go without geting a 10 sec call. If you play them in a zone, they can and WILL shoot you out of it. If you play man they WILL blow by you for layups. Their post game isnt as strong as it could be but they do have a 6'3'' freshman who can play. When you see them run out you may not be that impressed but you will be in for a rude awakening. They have 4 or 5 seniors i tink but their best player is a sophomore. I just dunno about LA...they are a tough gritty team that finds ways to win...there's not much to say about them excpt keep them off the offensive boards because they can kill you from that area. I think they are also a senior laden team but i cant guarantee that.

Upperman sports 4 seniors and 4 freshman. 2 sophomores can gun it from anywhere, one freshman proved last night that you cannot leave her alone or she will jack it up also. She is sitting behind the 2 sophomores and could be starting on many teams.

The big freshman is talented. She has more skills right now than most kids her size will ever develop. She is pretty technically sound.

LA has proven that they can play with and beat anybody. It will be a great game. The only thing that concerns me is that LA has also proven to be physically undisciplined. (last night was a fine example. I know of two specific calls at the end that were NOT made and should have been, and could have changed the game) If the refs allow things to get physical, the game gets ugly. I have seen too many times this year where 2 refs call the game tight and one lets them play, or the other way around. It makes for some pretty ugly basketball. The last time these two teams played it got ugly. It is a shame to have to watch that kind of basketball out of two very talented teams.

QUOTE(logcabinman @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:58 AM) 826391395[/snapback]How tough is LA this year? Is Upperman the team to beat? Sequatie should not have beaten Tellico last night. Tellico gave the game to them. McMinn Central is starting to peak. How do they do it? He is playing with a freshman, three sophmores, and a junior. There best shooter is out for the year with torn ACL.

And why did you think Sequatchie should not have won? And how on eatrh did you think it was given to them? Was it because Sequatchie came out strong and lead the score, or because when one of there top player got into foul trouble they picked it up and played even harder, knowing how the ref. were calling the game they could not even get close or they would getthe call, or was it keeping #30 from scoring 40 + points; or maybe it was there at the forth quarter when Seq. #11 went back in ,knowing they had her number, did not foul, played good and strong, and made those free throws?

I thought it was a great game, I thought Tellico played hard, played a good game and #30 had 41 points the other night she still had what 24 last night.

Remember, Sequatchie plays with Freshmen, sophmores, and 2 seinors !

QUOTE(SNIPER @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826391657[/snapback]And why did you think Sequatchie should not have won? And how on eatrh did you think it was given to them? Was it because Sequatchie came out strong and lead the score, or because when one of there top player got into foul trouble they picked it up and played even harder, knowing how the ref. were calling the game they could not even get close or they would getthe call, or was it keeping #30 from scoring 40 + points; or maybe it was there at the forth quarter when Seq. #11 went back in ,knowing they had her number, did not foul, played good and strong, and made those free throws?

I thought it was a great game, I thought Tellico played hard, played a good game and #30 had 41 points the other night she still had what 24 last night.

Remember, Sequatchie plays with Freshmen, sophmores, and 2 seinors !

No disrespect to Seq. at all. I was just stating that Tellico made some silly choices at the end of the game. It seemed like Tellico got tight and lossed their composure. I do however feel if Seq. plays that way against MC, it could be a long night. Seq. can definitly beat MC but they will need an A game. Do they go deeper than 1 or 2 bench players. MC goes about 4 or 5 deep from the bench. Seq. seemed to be wore out last night, even though they showed a lot of heart. MC will be more fresh at the end of the game. Tellico had only 5 girls, go to the bench, nothing.

Wow, dctigerfan for some reason has jumped on the BEES bandwagon. Wonder why? Maybe cuz DC couldn't cut it this year? I'm guessing that I'm probably right....but that really doesn't matter now or on this thread b/c these are two totally different teams right? RIGHT. LA is a very tough team to beat. Yes they do always, somehow, find a way to win. Thats just the kind of team that they are. Hard to give a prediction though...But I'm saying LA "finds a way to win" in this one. Get used to it...

QUOTE(wildcat324 @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:59 PM) 826391810[/snapback]Wow, dctigerfan for some reason has jumped on the BEES bandwagon. Wonder why? Maybe cuz DC couldn't cut it this year? I'm guessing that I'm probably right....but that really doesn't matter now or on this thread b/c these are two totally different teams right? RIGHT. LA is a very tough team to beat. Yes they do always, somehow, find a way to win. Thats just the kind of team that they are. Hard to give a prediction though...But I'm saying LA "finds a way to win" in this one. Get used to it...

I havent jumped on any bandwagons, i just see them for what they are, probably the best team in TN. Some people just cant see that...im not knocking the LA team in any way...and when i said that they find ways to win i didnt mean it in a bad way. LA is a tough, gritty defensive team. And i dont evenn know why you brought the DC girls team into this. That was kind of a low blow, they are a struggling program and the girls and coaches did all they could. And by the way, before you think that im just on here to bash LA, check out some of my boys posts on the region tourney.

QUOTE(logcabinman @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826391688[/snapback]No disrespect to Seq. at all. I was just stating that Tellico made some silly choices at the end of the game. It seemed like Tellico got tight and lossed their composure. I do however feel if Seq. plays that way against MC, it could be a long night. Seq. can definitly beat MC but they will need an A game. Do they go deeper than 1 or 2 bench players. MC goes about 4 or 5 deep from the bench. Seq. seemed to be wore out last night, even though they showed a lot of heart. MC will be more fresh at the end of the game. Tellico had only 5 girls, go to the bench, nothing.

Silly choices loose games, there are a lot of variations that come into play when your talking about 14, 15,and 16 year old girls playing a sport like basketball. Yes the Lady Indians were wore out, but they train that way. "When you TRAIN like it's real, then when It's REAL, It's just like training". The Lady Indians are strong girls, and yes it will be a great game. May the Lady Indians come home with the win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play Your Game Lady Indians!!!!!!

As you can tell I am a huge Upperman Fan. I really like the two coaches we have here in Baxter, and enjoy going to the games in the new gymnasium. I know how hard it is to beat a team three times in one year. Sometimes no matter how good they are it is a hard thing to do. I will however take the lady bees because i think they are playing pretty well right now. I would also like to add that I think this area has the best talent of girls basketball in the whole state, and i would love nothing more than to see livingston again in the state tourney. Cause if we do meet again it will be for the gold ball. I think that would garner some attention from the rest of the state to see two district 7AA teams battling a 5th time for the state championship. Go Lady Bees!!! and good luck to OLD HOG EYE in the Substate and hopefully State tournament.

well tonight is the night....you LA girls gotta want it. Either way, your in the substate game. But wouldn't it be a lot better to play that substate game here at home in HOGEYE? You girls can do it, I'll be there watching the game and cheering yall on. Just gotta believe you can take the BEES down again. Get used to it...

Upperman Lady Bees did it, they won tonight 54-37. Congratulations girls it was a great game. Lady Wildcats keep your head up, hopefully we will meet again on March 10th. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />