Cloudland vs. Hampton

Storm55

Tonight our alliance will have to be put aside as we compete for a trip to the championship. Hampton is bigger and more athletic inside. The Landers will have to play tough defense to stay in this one. If the Landers get hot from outside, they can pull it off, but if they suffer the same brick shooting at Sonny Smith, then Hampton will run away with it. No matter who comes out on top, the Alliance is in full strength. We will support each other til the end. Go Dogs and Go Landers. United we shall stand. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do have a unique situation in our schools' relationship with each other, don't we? Only about 10 minutes apart, extremely fierce rivals on-court, rooting for each other against anybody else. It's good to see. How this game plays out tonight will be fun to watch. If Hampton comes out and lays bricks like they did last time against Cloudland, the Landers will win. If Hampton shoots decently, they stand an excellent shot at the win. I know some of the Landers players, they're fine guys, but Hampton just has too much depth all around the team for Cloudland to match up with all the time. Cloudland will try to dictate tempo and hold Hampton to a half-court game and make us work for our shots. If the Dogs can hit some perimeter shots to loosen up the interior defense, watch out. If not, the game will go down to the wire. I expect a close game, just like all three games with them were this year. Whoever loses will bring down the curtain on a fine year. Both teams have played hard all season, and have made their fans very proud. It's a shame this had to be a region semi, it would have made a great final, not to mention both teams are good enough to make a push beyond the sectional round. Good luck to both!

first of all i want to congradulate both members of the alliance on making it this far. Ned Smith is a heck of a coach, if cloudland can slow it down, they will have a good chance to win this one. this game will be close either way, i wish this could be the regional championship, i think that the key to this game is defense, the team that is more willing to play tight defense will come out on top. i'm confident that one of these two fine teams can make to the boro, and who ever wins, i'll be pulling for you all the way. may the best team win, good luck!

Great game, last night. Senior Jonathan Lyons will be sorely missed. He is one of the biggest reasons that the Big Blue Alliance has taken over Carter County. I wish all the Bulldogs well as they start their preparation for another dominating season on the gridiron. Together, Cloudland and Hampton have put the color blue on top of the map in Carter County. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Not only has one family destroyed the community, they have managed to destroy a legacy. Hampton basketball has been brought down to a new level. There was no excuse for what happened last night. Ned is a good coach but please. The dream team of coaching staffs on Hampton's bench couldn't come up with a better solution. For 4 games in two years when it has mattered Cloudland has won these games the exact same way. There is no excuse for that. That is lack of preparation on the staff's part or lack of knowledge whichever fits.Forget the coach's other problems, he just cant coach. I truly love Hampto sports so please anyone we need help. If the fictional alliance really cares, we will let u keep Ned just send us Brandon.

The Alliance is not fictional. It really exists. Hampton, eventhough in the middle of a coaching controversy, has shown that they are very much on the same page as Cloudland. Its a shame one team had to lose, but its over with now. We must stand together and support Cloudland as they try to obtain another championship for the Alliance. The championship belongs to everyone in the Alliance.

QUOTE(Storm55 @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826392944[/snapback]The Alliance is not fictional. It really exists. Hampton, eventhough in the middle of a coaching controversy, has shown that they are very much on the same page as Cloudland. Its a shame one team had to lose, but its over with now. We must stand together and support Cloudland as they try to obtain another championship for the Alliance. The championship belongs to everyone in the Alliance.

are you fictional? i used to think it was just an act but you got to be insane. i have spoken to many roan mountain folk and they would have a parade if you were to leave town for good. just to let you know, the championship does not belong to the alliance, it belongs to those kids, coach smith and carpenter and all the true loyal highlander sports fans. as for you, get a life, grow up and quit acting like a 10 year old child. your community deserves better than that.

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826393547[/snapback]you just wish you were worthy of being an alliance member. you creekers are so jealous, because you know that unaka athletics is a thing of the past. so you can put down the alliance all you want but hampton and cloudland united will still rule carter county!

someone had a long talk with me about you last night. sad to say, but i'll have to agree

and no, i just don't pull for the creek. i enjoy seeing all the county schools win. if i choose to join forces, it will be with somebody with much higher power than pee wees playhouse gang

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826393547[/snapback]you just wish you were worthy of being an alliance member. you creekers are so jealous, because you know that unaka athletics is a thing of the past. so you can put down the alliance all you want but hampton and cloudland united will still rule carter county!

Unaka athletics.... well let's see....

vs. Hampton...

Basketball.... struggling for now, but check the records... you guys need to catch up

Football.... not bad Hampton, especially when you're 2A

Baseball.... too chicken to play, except for the jamboree

Softball.... no questions

vs. Cloudland

Basketball..... once again, struggling, but a blind squirell finds an acorn every now and then

Football.... last time I checked, Unaka won the last one

Baseball.... no comment

Softball.... does Cloudland even have softball? Maybe try dressing the army of cheerleaders

The best part about all of it is that to get where Unaka is, there never was some goofy "alliance".... and there never will be. If you guys really have to team up to get the best of Unaka, I wouldn't brag about it. Good night.

The Alliance was created for the betterment of our high school athletes who put on the blue uniforms. Blue is symbolic of championships. Just look around the world. The times have changed around here. There was a time when the maroon empire was dominant, but no longer. Now, is the time of the Big Blue Alliance. A fourth straight basketball trophy may very well sit in the hallway of the Alliance's Cloudland High School. Two straight football conference trophies sit in the hallway of the Alliance's Hampton High School. We have joined together to make sure that all titles come to our schools from here on out. The Alliance's Cloudland took 37 players to the strength and conditioning clinic at UT. We are hard at work. Make no mistake about it, my fellow Roan Mountaineers love having me around. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />