Pickett Vs. Friendship Christian

R3V0LU710N

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a very good effort for both teams and i am proud of the guys in green. I'm not an avid enough fan to really complain or talk about the game. The ref's seemed out of it (even missing the buzzer to signal the start of the second half). There were some phantom calls against both teams actually..... But regardless when FCS shot a probobable sub .500 game and PC shot what was at least high .600 game it is hard to win those. Good job to both teams and i hope that both teams represent the region well in their respective games.

Shoot yeah that wuz a good un. We couldnt throw it in the ocean from 3 tonight but thats the way it goes sometimes. PC is good and we knew dat comin in. The refs didnt loose it fer us but they wuz a little off. They dunk by the big kid wuz nice and no way that should have been a T. Jest goes to show ye, them boys in stripes wuz at the wrong gym. The church league wuz a playin down the street.

Good luck to ya'll fellers from PC. I know Temple wants us bad. How do we match up with them?

QUOTE(Possumtowner @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826395995[/snapback]Shoot yeah that wuz a good un. We couldnt throw it in the ocean from 3 tonight but thats the way it goes sometimes. PC is good and we knew dat comin in. The refs didnt loose it fer us but they wuz a little off. They dunk by the big kid wuz nice and no way that should have been a T. Jest goes to show ye, them boys in stripes wuz at the wrong gym. The church league wuz a playin down the street.

Good luck to ya'll fellers from PC. I know Temple wants us bad. How do we match up with them?

Actually, (and everyone feel free to correct this) but i believe that in high school ball when you dunk it your not even allowed to technically touch the rim. And even if you can touch it i am almost certain that you cannot hang on it (which he did momentarily.) still a great dunk /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826396035[/snapback]Actually, (and everyone feel free to correct this) but i believe that in high school ball when you dunk it your not even allowed to technically touch the rim. And even if you can touch it i am almost certain that you cannot hang on it (which he did momentarily.) still a great dunk /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you can touch the rim you just are not allowed to hang on the rim unless you are protecting yourself because someone underneath you. by the way that dunk was weak watching that kid in warmups i thought he was about to do something nasty but he got the 2 points thats all that matters

i have to say congrats to pc. they palyed a great game. i thought that fc would have made it a better game until about 2 minutes left. the shots were not falling for fc. well i have to say i was wrong and say that pc played a great game. good luck it sub state to both teams.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826396035[/snapback]Actually, (and everyone feel free to correct this) but i believe that in high school ball when you dunk it your not even allowed to technically touch the rim. And even if you can touch it i am almost certain that you cannot hang on it (which he did momentarily.) still a great dunk /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, You are allowed to touch the rim when you DUNK the ball. How else would it be a DUNK if you didnt grab or at least touch rim? In high school, you are allowed to hang on the rim, the only thing is that you cannot hang excessively and you cannot do a "pull up" on the rim. Neither of which no. 22 did tonight. I thought it was a nice dunk and the referee just got a little too picky, or he just wanted to see if his whistle still worked.

QUOTE(Buzz Lightyear @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826396209[/snapback]Yes, You are allowed to touch the rim when you DUNK the ball. How else would it be a DUNK if you didnt grab or at least touch rim? In high school, you are allowed to hang on the rim, the only thing is that you cannot hang excessively and you cannot do a "pull up" on the rim. Neither of which no. 22 did tonight. I thought it was a nice dunk and the referee just got a little too picky, or he just wanted to see if his whistle still worked.

Well i think alot of it is just what you said. But i also think a part of it was that 22 made it a little obvious that he was going to attempt to dunk and the ref was basically waiting for it...

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826396236[/snapback]Well i think alot of it is just what you said. But i also think a part of it was that 22 made it a little obvious that he was going to attempt to dunk and the ref was basically waiting for it...

that is the most inconsistant call in basketball,sometimes no matter how much you hang ,no call then again if you touch it you get called it seems to me a player is penalized for his attitude instead of what he did ,I wasn't a the game tonite and don't know what happened but I'm refering to games throughout the season.another is palmin the ball you won't see it called all year then in one game called numerous times and how about 3 second call same way.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826396236[/snapback]Well i think alot of it is just what you said. But i also think a part of it was that 22 made it a little obvious that he was going to attempt to dunk and the ref was basically waiting for it...

Of cousre he was going to dunk it. Wouldn't u dunk it if u could and had the chance? i think bout anybody would.

T.C. can dunk and these little whiney private school kids can't get on here and say they beat us tonight, so they pick on him for not doing a windmill dunk or a 360 before he dunked it. We won, T.C. dunked and got M.V.P, and your going down to chattown, where noone ever comes back with a win.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826396324[/snapback]T.C. can dunk and these little whiney private school kids can't get on here and say they beat us tonight, so they pick on him for not doing a windmill dunk or a 360 before he dunked it. We won, T.C. dunked and got M.V.P, and your going down to chattown, where noone ever comes back with a win.

I do hope that the rest of PC can actually win with some class... i believe that no one was picking on him or saying that he should not have dunked at all, also... i don't see anyone whinning at all. what i did see was a team that lost and said good luck next game, and a team that won and said good luck next game....... until now that is.