Best catchers in Middle TN

redbaron515

Chigger, She might be good, but shes not totally devouted to softball. If she is the catcher of the future, she should be devouted to the game, and not to other things, such as basketball. She quits teams when she feels like she needs to play other sports. Sorry if this is out of line, but it is the truth. If she devouted herself more, then maybe....

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have'nt seen her, but I've been told that this Jamie Wamsley kid could be the best catcher to ever lace 'em up in this state. Someone told me she can hit a softball 300' and just about throw one that far too. Is all this true or just a bunch of hype? Who does she play travel ball with?

[Edited by cornpup on 12-7-02 10:57P]

Goodpasture has had a long line of good catchers:

Wendy Rudolph - 1993 - 1997 Belmont University

Lindsey Howard - 1998 - 2001 UTC

Amanda Richards - 1999 - 2003

In addition to Amanda we will have Jayme Wamsley class of 2005 and Emily Dixon class of 2006. Emily caught several games as an eigth grader last year and is a strong receiver. Jamie is an extraordinary talent and will be an offensive and defensive weapon for our team. I expect all three to contribute.

[Edited by std on 12-9-02 11:02P]

good job of moderating this thread, std. Amanda

Richards is not only a class act, but she has been

to battle many times in the big girl wars, its been

a while since she played 14u or 16u.

so many times we see kids and adults trying to stir

up things about who should be playing where on their

teams, I say who cares who is playing ss or lf or 1b.

it really does not matter, so good job of nipping this

in the bud, std.

:o

As a coach it is frustrationg to read threads like the Beech Line up thread where players and parents get on here a say Sally Doe will or should be playing this position, Mary Smith is the best pitcher and so on and so on. The funny thing is a lot of the people are blinded by partiality or have a poor understanding of the team concept. Let's line em up in February and see which horsed we ride we where. Win your playing time on the field not on an opinion.