best goalie in the state

MiniShields

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chslaxer18 @ Apr 14 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826437433[/snapback]Cookeville's starting goalie (#9) looks pretty good in his time on the field. Focused and patient on clears and doesn't panic when the ball gets loose. Mostly the only thing that gets by are the garbage goals

so Cookeville has had around 62 goals this year and has had about 45 against them looks like the teams yall play must be shootin alot of garbage at the goalie. Brentwood has a pretty decent goalie and so does Franklin I would give more credit to the Cookeville d poles than the goalie. They do a pretty good job.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(wkl13 @ Apr 30 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826448592[/snapback]Rob Brandt is def the best in d2, #9 west knox. I'm not sure about in the state because the only D1 team we played was farragut.

He didnt look to great in the Farragut game, one kid put four in on him in about two minutes. He looked great early but seemed to fold under pressure.

QUOTE(wkl13 @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826448592[/snapback]Rob Brandt is def the best in d2, #9 west knox. I'm not sure about in the state because the only D1 team we played was farragut.

just wondering but what makes him the best goalie in D2 what games back that up?

I played with Rob in middle school on the West Knox team. I never thought he was good then, but he is a little better now, but by no means the best. I haven't seem him play this year but in middle school he didn't even seem to have alot of potential. When I saw the West Knox/Farragut game last year he was alright but it looked like the Farragut people were just shooting the ball right at him and he didn't have to move at all to get the ball. IMO he is alright but def. not the best.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 1 2007 - 06:37 PM) 826449383[/snapback]I played with Rob in middle school on the West Knox team. I never thought he was good then, but he is a little better now, but by no means the best. I haven't seem him play this year but in middle school he didn't even seem to have alot of potential. When I saw the West Knox/Farragut game last year he was alright but it looked like the Farragut people were just shooting the ball right at him and he didn't have to move at all to get the ball. IMO he is alright but def. not the best.

Didn't he let 18 in from Franklin? What about Catterton(bhs) and Negley(fhs). I think both of them are by far the best in D2.

This is my fourth year playing with Rob and he definately is one of the better goalies in D2. He does tend to lose it late in games when things don't go our way, but when he is on he is the best without a doubt. From what I have seen, he is amazing when people are on the doorstep, and if he could keep his composure a bit more there would be no limit to what he could do. Don't count him out because of a few bad games. And centennial is in D2 .