Harriman Wins!

ramtough68

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(blackhawkdown @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826396184[/snapback]Observations from a great ballgame:

1. Wartburg's inability to stop Harriman from attacking the goal.

2. McGill's three attempt up one and in the double bonus?

3. Chatman's free throw form with left foot forward and being a right handed shooter?

4. Chatman going over the back on his own free throw attempt with eight seconds left?

5. Bunch & Coach Layne - disagreement?

6. Great effort by both teams

Here is another observation.. NOT 1 CHARGE WAS TAKEN THE WHOLE GAME... all wartburg had to do was step in front of one of harrimans players when they drove baseline.. but what did they do? they parted like the Red Sea.. Zach Peddicord would have fouled out harriman starters by himself. he would have had a field day.. Rockwood might not have won.. but harriman would have done it with their subs in at the end of the game.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> so my advice to wartburg. step in front of someone, get your feet set and take a charge lol hahaha

Cosby's Timmy Blakely won the MVP award at Rockwood when Cosby finished second to Rockwood in 2004. And one of the Vespie brothers won the award once on a non-winning team in the late 90s or early 00s. Granted he averaged 30 or so a game and played the final game with a big bandage on his head from where he was busted open in the semis and had to have stitches. Justin Sitzlar also won the award in 2004 when Kingston finished second to Anderson County in the 4-AA Tournament. Laura Hall won the award in 2002 although A-E won the region championship.

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it happens. Averaging 37 points and 15 rebounds is definitely worthy.

It's kind of like the SEC this year, Chris Lofton might get Player of the Year despite playing for a 3rd or 4th place team.

QUOTE(Took @ Mar 3 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826397864[/snapback]Here is another observation.. NOT 1 CHARGE WAS TAKEN THE WHOLE GAME... all wartburg had to do was step in front of one of harrimans players when they drove baseline.. but what did they do? they parted like the Red Sea.. Zach Peddicord would have fouled out harriman starters by himself. he would have had a field day.. Rockwood might not have won.. but harriman would have done it with their subs in at the end of the game.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> so my advice to wartburg. step in front of someone, get your feet set and take a charge lol hahaha

Peddicord takes a charge better than anyone I've seen.

QUOTE(Took @ Mar 3 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826397864[/snapback]Here is another observation.. NOT 1 CHARGE WAS TAKEN THE WHOLE GAME... all wartburg had to do was step in front of one of harrimans players when they drove baseline.. but what did they do? they parted like the Red Sea.. Zach Peddicord would have fouled out harriman starters by himself. he would have had a field day.. Rockwood might not have won.. but harriman would have done it with their subs in at the end of the game.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> so my advice to wartburg. step in front of someone, get your feet set and take a charge lol hahaha

Took, I was at the game too and I will have admit that you are 100% correct. I simply could not figure out why and how they let Chatman drive the lane all night. No one ever stepped up to take the charge. I honestly believe my 11 year old daughter could have scored a few baskets on the Bulldogs cause the lane was open and no one took the intiative to close it. So Wartburg, take some good advice as Took say's, step in front of someone and lets see some bodies on the floor. Good luck Monday night, I hope ya come home with the victory.

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Mar 4 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826399655[/snapback]Took, I was at the game too and I will have admit that you are 100% correct. I simply could not figure out why and how they let Chatman drive the lane all night. No one ever stepped up to take the charge. I honestly believe my 11 year old daughter could have scored a few baskets on the Bulldogs cause the lane was open and no one took the intiative to close it. So Wartburg, take some good advice as Took say's, step in front of someone and lets see some bodies on the floor. Good luck Monday night, I hope ya come home with the victory.

Despite Nelson, Brown, and Arms, who are good defenders, we continuously block shots. D.J. sets the tone and we have done it all year and the year before for that matter. Coach Layne must insist on charges rather than blocks for his defense and it is too late now. We have to continue to play the way we have all year and up that tone to beat University High tonight and go to the State Tournament. Our town is excited and I guess if we go Morgan County will shut down at least Wartburg for that matter.

If we dont go this year we may never go for a while at least until Jaylon Shannon gets up there who is a cousin to D.J.

QUOTE(blackhawkdown @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826400386[/snapback]I believe Coach Layne emphasizes taking the charge, but players bail out on you some times. I hear that was the discussion between Coach Layne & Bunch against Harriman.

I havent seen many charges from Central this year other than maybe Nelson. The team has blocked a lot of shots though and made a lot of steals particularly in the press with D.J.

QUOTE(Boxanone @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826400305[/snapback]Despite Nelson, Brown, and Arms, who are good defenders, we continuously block shots. D.J. sets the tone and we have done it all year and the year before for that matter. Coach Layne must insist on charges rather than blocks for his defense and it is too late now. We have to continue to play the way we have all year and up that tone to beat University High tonight and go to the State Tournament. Our town is excited and I guess if we go Morgan County will shut down at least Wartburg for that matter.

If we dont go this year we may never go for a while at least until Jaylon Shannon gets up there who is a cousin to D.J.

you need a life