CSAS @ Pickett Co.

THELEGEND

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Mar 2 2007 - 06:42 AM) 826396477[/snapback]CSAS travels to Pickett County Monday. This should be a good one. Who wins?

I am going to sit back for a day or two and see what everyone thinks I am sure most people are picking pickett County but I will give my list as at gets closer to Monday

Well I haven't seen CSAS play, who is their best player?How tall are some of their players? Reguardless of all that, I think that Pickett co. will win the game. All time in byrdstown, at the wheelhouse, they are 9-0 when hosting a substate game. Pretty good percentage there, hard to go against it. Should be a really good game though. This team has hosted a substate before, beating Grace Baptist, they've already beat temple this year as well.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826396562[/snapback]Well I haven't seen CSAS play, who is their best player?How tall are some of their players? Reguardless of all that, I think that Pickett co. will win the game. All time in byrdstown, at the wheelhouse, they are 9-0 when hosting a substate game. Pretty good percentage there, hard to go against it. Should be a really good game though. This team has hosted a substate before, beating Grace Baptist, they've already beat temple this year as well.

CSAS is a much different style team than anyone Pickett plays. I think this will give them some problems, how much I don't know? I guarantee you they have not played anyone with the speed and athleticism of CSAS. Should be fun.

QUOTE(global98 @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:22 AM) 826396578[/snapback]I saw Pickett play Grace in the substate last year. How many of the players play on the team now that hosted Grace two years ago in the substate?

All five starters. But Roddy, T.C., and Jacob Wright were the only one's who saw much playing time that year. All the starters have been to three straight substate games.

If I have got my history correct I believe CSAS stopped Pickett's roll the last time they met with these type of stakes. In case you have forgotten let me refresh your memory... Pickett Co. was led by Mr. Basketball Eugene Paris, they were the defending and undefeated state champs, 31-0 I believe. They could not be beat but in the quarterfinals of the 1991 state tournament CSAS did the impossible and beat them! Maybe, just maybe, they could do it again.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826396710[/snapback]CSAS can beat Pickett County. I have seen both teams play. Pickett County is the likely winner but CSAS seems to be peaking. They had a hustle and intensity last night that I had not seen in the previous two meetings. It would be a humiliating mistake for PC to overlook CSAS.

Pasture youare a Temple fan I saw Pickett Play last night how did they beat you I saw nothing that I could point to and say wow that's how they beat Temple. Top to bottom Temple has a much stronger lineup than Pickett give some insight please

I have not seen Pickett County play, but here is my assessment of CSAS.

They will full court press the entire game. The press is man to man so if you clear out the backcourt after getting the ball inbounds they won't double team. Temple did a horrible job on getting the ball inbounds in the first half. They probably had 6 to 7 turnovers that way including three in a row at one point. They were not setting any screens, and until the second half did not have any coming to the ball. They adjusted at the half and did much better by bringing Skogen down the middle to get the inbounds pass. They over play defensively and are susceptable to back door cuts as well as penetration into the lane. They do not have good interior post defense. Temple did not do a great job of attacking the post, but when they would get Josh the ball he could back his guy down and get an easy layup. They are not very big in the post. They are quick, but did a horrible job of getting back on defense. They gave up a lot of easy layups in transition.

Offensively they like to dribble. Their coach got on to them a number of times because they would be dribbling all around instead of passing the ball. They like to get to the rim and if the post helps they dump the ball off to their post for a layup. This happened to Temple a number of times. They did not take many outside shots. Always looking to drive to the rim. I would make them hit some outside shots. Temple kept going for their head fake and they would drive by and lay it up. I think they hit less than 5 shots past 15 feet most were within 10 feet. #3 is their seemed to be their go to guy.

I would imagine since Pickett beat Temple that they would take care of CSAS by 15-20

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:15 AM) 826396567[/snapback]CSAS is a much different style team than anyone Pickett plays. I think this will give them some problems, how much I don't know? I guarantee you they have not played anyone with the speed and athleticism of CSAS. Should be fun.

...It's extremely tough in Byrdstown...believe me because Chattanooga Tyner lost a heart-breaker in 2002...68-65(OT)...we controlled the boards but couldn't control the Bobcats' Nathan Aaron's 32 points...I haven't seen CSAS play but if the guards are exceptional and if they have decent rebounding they might be able to pull the upset!!!

...Good Luck, CSAS...you will definitely need it!!!