CSAS @ Pickett Co.

THELEGEND

QUOTE(CASC1995 @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:48 AM) 826402154[/snapback]Not for sure, but I would say that CSAS hit 3 of those 4 threes in the first 5 mins. It sure seemed like it.

Yes you are right I think Pickett thought that zone was really going to affect CSAS they did not realize that CSAS hit 13 trees in a game earlier this year I was actually shocked at the way CSAS handled Pickett's man-to-man, I personally was licking my chops when Pickett went man but whatever we got the W.

I also want to say that evn though a few fans got on here and started making excuses I think the Pickett fans were rather clasy last night even in defeat there was one guy at the door wishing us a sae trip back after the game and I actually sat by a Pickett fan telling me how CSAS could win the game he was very knowledgeble

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826402172[/snapback]Yes you are right I think Pickett thought that zone was really going to affect CSAS they did not realize that CSAS hit 13 trees in a game earlier this year I was actually shocked at the way CSAS handled Pickett's man-to-man, I personally was licking my chops when Pickett went man but whatever we got the W.

I also want to say that evn though a few fans got on here and started making excuses I think the Pickett fans were rather clasy last night even in defeat there was one guy at the door wishing us a sae trip back after the game and I actually sat by a Pickett fan telling me how CSAS could win the game he was very knowledgeble

I was real impressed how CSAS players knew what to do when they got the ball. Did you notice they each would catch the ball and get in the fundamental 'triple threat' position (ready to pass, shoot, or dribble). They looked well coached. Nice job.

All I can say is wow. Last night's game was great (even though we lost!). I was proud of our boys for making it as far as they did.

I must say, CSAS has a good team. They were together and knew exactly what they were doing. You could tell they wanted it. By half time I thought we were beat, but then we started to pull back up and it was anyone's game. But, in the end, CSAS beat us (their 3 pt. shooters were great...), even though our boys played hard.

AND I must give a shoutout to the CSAS cheerleaders. Those girls were amazing. lol. Everybody from PC was amazed by them.

Oh... and...

P.S- the student section wasnt anything to brag about, pretty weak in my opinion

ThomasChatt....Don't knock our student section. We love our boys and we cheered as hard and as loud as we could for them through the whole game. Even when they made us sit down (which didn't last very long.... lol.)

Anyway, congrats to CSAS and good luck. We'll get ya'll next year!!!!!

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:29 PM) 826401515[/snapback]Oh I'll say alot, don't expect me to just set down and be quiet. Listen CSAS did win tonight, congrats to them. They shot well in the first half, but they aren't a great team. This team is not good enough to win state. I didn't see a dominant CSAS team, I saw a pickett co. team that beat theirselves. I have to question what in the world that ref was thinking on the call where he called goal tending? The ball had barely left the guys hands, bad call changed pickett's game plan the last min and a half of the game. I think TSSAA needs to clean out all refs in the state, we've had all of these guys before and they haven't been good either time.

I just wanted to repost this comment. This guy...wow! So much could be said about this pathetic post.

QUOTE(PBG030 @ Mar 6 2007 - 05:10 PM) 826402520[/snapback]I thought CSAS didn't get enough coverage in the paper. That was a big game. They deserve at least a picture in there. Not some skinny article.

I just looked at the paper and the article was by Jaime was good. I was suprised that they even sent a reporter up there. But on the front page of the Sports section they listed the Temple, Bradley and Howard score in bold print but didnt put the A&S game on there...The Sports editor needs to be questioned on this...i miss the good times of having two different papers, and there was actually full sports coverage....

QUOTE(Breakem23 @ Mar 6 2007 - 05:29 PM) 826402540[/snapback]I just looked at the paper and the article was by Jaime was good. I was suprised that they even sent a reporter up there. But on the front page of the Sports section they listed the Temple, Bradley and Howard score in bold print but didnt put the A&S game on there...The Sports editor needs to be questioned on this...i miss the good times of having two different papers, and there was actually full sports coverage....

I saw that CSAS wasn't up there. I would have put CSAS on the front instead of ER. I mean that game was great, but since they lost, why would Chattanooga want to headline it? CSAS has really surprised me this year. After the first Temple/CSAS game I thought Arts wasn't that good. They have greatly improved this year.

A quick thing about the sports coverage. Sports had to cover 6 games last night. With 2 or 3 photograhers. So sending one up to Pickett was pretty much out of the question when these photographers are making their rounds at a local home game.

The coverage was actually better than I anticipated.

Congratulations to CSAS from South Broad Street. Good luck at State!

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826402594[/snapback]A quick thing about the sports coverage. Sports had to cover 6 games last night. With 2 or 3 photograhers. So sending one up to Pickett was pretty much out of the question when these photographers are making their rounds at a local home game.

The coverage was actually better than I anticipated.

Congratulations to CSAS from South Broad Street. Good luck at State!

I dont have a problem with there not being a photo in the paper....But i would ask why CSAS was left off the front page of the Sports section, when the other three winners from the area had their score put on there?

QUOTE(thomaschatt_pats @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:26 AM) 826401691[/snapback]i just got home from the game and let me say that my boys from CSAS brought it tonite, PC just didnt want it like CSAS did, PC really has a big head about that winning at home thing... i will admit that capps and roddy did play well but its a 5 man team not two... and sombody said that we were having a culture shock, well if you came down to our house it would be the same for you so... it looks like all you might have to do in that town IS play basketball, but when your a team that has somthing to prove like CSAS i believe there is more heart in that and thats the reason we won... not to mention we are well balanced... only two seniors on the team and only one played tonite!! were headed to the boro' so better luck next year PC hopfully you are more humble now

P.S- the student section wasnt anything to brag about, pretty weak in my opinion

To this post I have to say....HAHAHA! Thats pretty funny for someone who brought about 30 of their student section to the game.We had hundreds so shut the heck up! You think we wasn't loud I couldn't talk after this game and I didn't hear a dang thing out of your section! We had a packed house yesterday and the student section had never been better. Oh yeah and those guys with their shirts of need to know how to spell or get somemore people to spell out their mascots name!