Bartlett Lady Panthers vs. Memphis Northside

" And it's all just a little bit of history repeating............."

This should be a great game. I think there is a bit of a revenge factor for Bartlett in facing Northside again after the heartbreaking loss in the substate last year to these same Lady Cougars. It's the Lady Panthers turn.

QUOTE(martell @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826397116[/snapback]As long as they don't get into foul trouble, this is Bartlett's game. I don't see Northside winning it any other way.

Since post season play began, Bartlett has been able to step up its defensive pressure and stay out of foul trouble, creating huge "point differentials" in their wins. Many of their points have also come off fast break points by teams trying to apply full court pressure on them. They appear to be solid enough to handle any ordinary press. Northside recognized this last year and did not press them. HOWEVER, they did employ a triangle and two, essentially doubling Herring and James whenever they touched the ball in the half court. That gets beat if they put Herring, James, and Thompson on the same side of the flooor.

To it's credit, the Northside team is not a team of quitters. No matter how far behind they fall (if they fall behind) they will play hard to the end. They are athletic, aggressive and fairly big inside. Even though Bartlett's press gave them problems in the 2nd half of the game last year, I believe they are familiar enough with Bartlett that they will have a solution for any pressure Bartlett may try to bring. From this point on I am not predicting any outcomes. Any of the teams still in it have a shot at getting to state no matter who is playing who, or where. Teams will be riding emotional highs just from the thought of possibly going to the boro.

THIS IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR FOR GREAT BASKETBALL!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

If Bartlett is to win.....

1. Must stay out of foul trouble...especially their top 3 players.

2. Must control tempo.

3. Create turnovers with their press.

If Northside is to win.....

1. Get the big three in foul trouble. Make Bartlett go to the bench.

2. Handle the press, not turn over the ball.

3. Use their size inside.

4. Slow the game down.

QUOTE(westtnbballer @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826397196[/snapback]If Bartlett is to win.....

2. Must control tempo.

4. Slow the game down.

Great assessment!

QUOTE(westtnbballer @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826397196[/snapback]If Bartlett is to win.....

2. Must control tempo.

4. Slow the game down.

Great post …… “right on point”……

No point predictions but I will tell you that Bartlett is playing “Lights Out Defense” to go along with their “Potent Offense” (quote and observation from the Commercial Appeal). Bartlett may be the hottest team in the state right now and returning to the Panther Dome with a definite (non cocky) swagger.

Tickets for this one went on sell today at the High School and is shaping up to be a dog fight. Or should I say a Panther –vs- Cougar fight. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Mar 2 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826397283[/snapback]Great post …… “right on point”……

No point predictions but I will tell you that Bartlett is playing “Lights Out Defense” to go along with their “Potent Offense” (previous quote and observation from the Commercial Appeal). Bartlett may be the hottest team in the state right now and returning to the Panther Dome with a definite (non cocky) swagger.

Tickets for this one went on sell today at the High School and is shaping up to be a dog fight. Or should I say a "cat" fight: Panthers –vs- Cougars. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />