Did Antioch really beat Wilson Central?

Metroman

QUOTE(givbakr2 @ Mar 4 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826399439[/snapback]I said it at the beginning of the year Jasmine Gunn may be the best guard in middle Tenn. especially on both ends of the court.

Dawn Evans of Clarksville NE is the best offensive player in middle Tenn and probably the state.

I have heard Dawn Evans is a good player. Hope to see her play soon. Jasmine Gunn is the best guard in middle Tennessee. She is all heart! Congrats to the all the teams that made state!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WCplaya22 @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826399388[/snapback]This game was out of control, at least when it came to Central's side. They couldn't get anything going on either end of the floor. They only lead at one point of the game which was the very beginning. I got to give Antioch props for playin hard and more passion than central, but they aren't as good as they played. WC had horrible game and the refs were horrible for both teams but especially for Central.

Coach Brandon look flustered the whole game. I don't think he even knew what was going on and how to handle it. As for chemistry, that wasn't the problem. When your playing for a spot at the state tourney, whether or not you like your teammates shouldn't come into play and it didn't.

In the end, WC played horrible and was not coached well. Antioch played great for them and definitely had some luck on their side because #10 is not as good as she thinks she is. I still got to give it up to Antioch for playin hard and passionate. The only thing is after Antioch won they were pretty disrespectful by making WC wait to shake hands which puts a damper on their win in my opinion.

Eh anyone who just beat the #1 team to go to state would have done the same. Was WCHS classless when they stormed midcourt (with their fans) after they beat McGavock in '04? No.

QUOTE(Metroman @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826399396[/snapback]Come on. I am sure that Antioch was merely elated over going to state for the first time in school history. They didn't mean to slight anyone, but were overcome with emotion.

Also, Gunn has played like that all year. This isn't her first big game. Hopefully, it won't be her last. Wilson Central and Antioch played a pretty close game earlier in the year, so I don't think this game is a total abberation.

One more thing, is it possible that Antioch just won the game? Why do have to blame someone for the loss? Coach Brandon has done an amazing job with the Wilson Central program. The refs always make mistakes. Give Antioch's players and coaches there due.

By the way, this same thread could be read last year except it was entitled Hillsboro beats Smyrna.

Im not sayin they shouldn't be excited about winning but you should of heard some of the players and fans talkin about Central, it was pretty bad.

Im also not saying Gunn is a bad player, i don't think she is one of the elite because Central played lazy and sloppy on defense, same thing they did agains Clarksville NE and you saw how Evans tore us up for 37. Gunn was looking to shoot everytime down the floor and that's what her team wanted so of course she is going to go for a lot of points. I define a great player by someone who makes her team better by playing good defense, getting open looks for teammates, and doing what's best for the team, and i thought she was reckless and got lucky and didn't handle ball pressure very well and she was palming the ball all the time.

Another thing, I don't think coach Brandon is a bad coach, he didn't take control of his team in the last minutes of the game. They were out of control and didn't seem to know what to do with the ball especially without Jenkins in the game at the end. I thought he should of took Jenkins out until the last 2 minutes after she got her fourth foul. He and his dad have done a good job don't get me wrong but you got to admit, he has been dealt some pretty good hands the last four seasons.

Last thing, when your the defending state champs, and have the same line-up plus two transfers, you shouldn't get beat at sub-state, they lost the game and Antioch took advantage of their sloppy play.

QUOTE(givbakr2 @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826399439[/snapback]I said it at the beginning of the year Jasmine Gunn may be the best guard in middle Tenn. especially on both ends of the court.

Dawn Evans of Clarksville NE is the best offensive player in middle Tenn and probably the state.

Dawn is a great player, but I've seen her being guarded by 3 people & wouldn't give the ball up to her team. She is still a incredible player, but needs to work more with a team.

QUOTE(WCplaya22 @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826399388[/snapback]The only thing is after Antioch won they were pretty disrespectful by making WC wait to shake hands which puts a damper on their win in my opinion.

That wasn't the only thing. Their cheerleaders would also get in front of the WC cheerleaders while they were cheering instead of waiting for them to finish and then do their thing. Very classless.

QUOTE(Metroman @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826399396[/snapback]Come on. I am sure that Antioch was merely elated over going to state for the first time in school history. They didn't mean to slight anyone, but were overcome with emotion.

"overcome with emotion"

sounds like an excuse for the players being disrespectful.

QUOTE(WCplaya22 @ Mar 4 2007 - 03:57 PM) 826399535[/snapback]I define a great player by someone who makes her team better by playing good defense, getting open looks for teammates, and doing what's best for the team,

You have just described Jasmine Gunn with your defintion. She is, without a doubt, one of the top guards in the midstate. Did not see the game, but apparently WC had no answer for her with their guards. Give Gunn her props, though. She makes that team go.

QUOTE(impossible.is.nothing @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826399551[/snapback]How do you expect a team to stop the fans from storming the court?

I have no idea what that has to do with anything. Noone is classless for storming the court after a game, especially one that qualifies you for state. What do you want everyone to be like after they win, Peyton Manning?

Besides, our team was not ready to shake hands immediately at the horn. There was 0 problem from Antioch.

QUOTE(vandyfan67 @ Mar 4 2007 - 06:00 PM) 826399685[/snapback]You have just described Jasmine Gunn with your defintion. She is, without a doubt, one of the top guards in the midstate. Did not see the game, but apparently WC had no answer for her with their guards. Give Gunn her props, though. She makes that team go.

I was at the game. Gunn looked like a ball hog who was trying to show off. Ya she played better than WC guards but one thing that make guards good is ball handling, and she doesn't have that. She got stripped at least four or five times just dribbling up top.