Did Antioch really beat Wilson Central?

Metroman

QUOTE(RARip @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826400071[/snapback]Evans is averaging nearly 8 assists per game. That seems pretty team oriented to me. You have right to your opinion and I can respect that but you probably need to see more than a couple of her games before you make that kind of assessment. That statement implies that she is a selfish ballplayer, which could not be further from the truth. Dawn Evans has had 10 or more assists in 9 games this season and has come within 1 or 2 of having double digit assists in 12 other games. If that is not an indication of teamwork; then what is? Besides that, the time when you said she was being gaurded by 2 and 3 people, the coach instructed her to keep the ball in her hands. Being an 84% foul shooter and having the ball handling skills enable her to do that. I don't know about you but that sounds like a good coaching strategy to me. In case you were not aware of it, the game this season when she scored 53 points, she also had 12 assists. It takes an awful lot of passing to put up those kind of assists numbers. How do I know, you may ask? I keep the stats..

I have not been able to watch her team during the season, but in tournament play this is what I saw. When she had 2-3 players guarding her, she was not being fouled, but I see why a good coach would put the ball in the hands of a good free-throw shooter when that is the case.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RARip @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:04 AM) 826400381[/snapback]Moonwink, now that was funny!!!!!!!

the funniest thing is that we only have 4 cheerleaders so we were one short. if anyone knows how i can get in touch with wchs i understand they are having a clearance sell on state tourney t shirts. thanks

QUOTE(moonwink @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826401873[/snapback]the funniest thing is that we only have 4 cheerleaders so we were one short. if anyone knows how i can get in touch with wchs i understand they are having a clearance sell on state tourney t shirts. thanks

Nice one!!!! Maybe we can tape over Wilson Central with Antioch

QUOTE(moonwink @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826401873[/snapback]the funniest thing is that we only have 4 cheerleaders so we were one short. if anyone knows how i can get in touch with wchs i understand they are having a clearance sell on state tourney t shirts. thanks

1-800-GO-EAST

QUOTE(nununu @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:46 AM) 826401890[/snapback]What, do you mean East Literature, their boys made it to the state tournament.

See, I knew you wouldn't have been able to figure that one out. That would actually get you to MEMPHIS EAST! Which if you need more guidance, is who Antioch plays.

QUOTE(silk3 @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826401897[/snapback]See, I knew you wouldn't have been able to figure that one out. That would actually get you to MEMPHIS EAST! Which if you need more guidance, is who Antioch plays.

Apparently my sarcasm is too much for you, I knew what you were talking about, we just know Wilson Central won't be playing M. East.

QUOTE(moonwink @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:25 AM) 826401943[/snapback]silk, i called that number but it was of service. it was disconnected saturday night around 9:00 in the p.m

Wink, you know that this is Memphis you are talking about, maybe we should try their Cricket number, although that may be out of service too.

QUOTE(nununu @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826401950[/snapback]Wink, you know that this is Memphis you are talking about, maybe we should try their Cricket number, although that may be out of service too.

man i am just having a little fun with my homeboys. they started it with all the whining.

First of all congrats to Antioch for playing such a good game against the best team in the the state. For all of you all that are saying Bud couldnt handle the pressure or that he was confused the whole night he wasnt. Any person that can take a team that has been in existence under six years correct me if i am wrong on that and win a state championship and go to the state tournament 3 years in arrow is pretty good in my book they made the right adjustment at the right time went from getting beat off the dribble to swiching to a zone was very smart for the coaches part. No matter how good you are you can not play perfect every single night. WC didnt play bad just not as well as antioch. They play an average game and still had a chance to send the game to overtime just shows how good of a coach Bud reallly is. He can give you so many offenseive looks he could drive Phil Jackson crazy WC gave up to many second chance points do you think he tells his girls dont rebound who ever wins the state championship always gets luckey some point or another who ever wins it this year has the break besides cleavland there is really no one else maybe riverdale but that is it the big guns are out all good things must come to an end and WC it did they had incredible year we cant change the past we can only prepare for the future and that is what Coach Brandon will do