Stone Memorial AA (mystery from the middle)

riseball

Stone is smaller than Seymour and will probably stay AA for a few more years. The Stone Seymour game was very exciting to watch. Both teams seemed to be very even and would most likely split 5 @ 5 if they played 10 times. I'm sure both teams felt like there was something they could improve on. Good luck to the Lady Panthers at the Boro.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Stone plays defense on the perimeter very well. They are quick throughout the line-up, inside and out.

2 The first lady that comes open has no hesitation in taking the shot, wherever they stand.

3 They take care of the ball as well. Not very turnover prone.

4 Free throws.........they take advantage of the free stuff.

5 They spread the floor offensively and go to the hole.

6 Did I say QUICK? They played a SMART game at Elizabethton. Hats off to them. They earned it and the girls are well coached.

***Whoever gets matched with them will get all they want, win or lose.

Good luck Stone...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(GLee @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826400415[/snapback]1 Stone plays defense on the perimeter very well. They are quick throughout the line-up, inside and out.

2 The first lady that comes open has no hesitation in taking the shot, wherever they stand.

3 They take care of the ball as well. Not very turnover prone.

4 Free throws.........they take advantage of the free stuff.

5 They spread the floor offensively and go to the hole.

6 Did I say QUICK? They played a SMART game at Elizabethton. Hats off to them. They earned it and the girls are well coached.

***Whoever gets matched with them will get all they want, win or lose.

Good luck Stone...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks for the compliments and the support GLee. You're another classy Cyclone. Seems to be an abundance of great people there. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(mazy @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:34 AM) 826400339[/snapback]Stone should be AAA next year. TSSAA let them come in as the biggest AA school on a prediction which was 920. They are bigger than 920. This is the second year of reclassification. If they have 20% over 920 they will move up that is what the TSSAA site says anyway. They are doing well in AA because they are much bigger than the schools they are playing against.

I agree, it will be close to a 20% increase next year, which would warrant a move up. They are at about 950 without a full Senior class. When it is all said and done ( 2-3 years), IMO both CCHS and SMHS will be pretty equal around the 1200 range... IMO for Cumberland County to consistently compete at the level Stone has achieved this year. It would take a 3rd High School. Cumberland's population is getting close to being comparable to that of the likes of Putnam and Bradley counties, both of which have three High schools.

Congratulations to the Lady Panthers for their state tournament berth. I hope they bring back the GOLD Ball to the plateau!

The cut-off for AA is 996. Stone will be over that next year and could fall under the 20% rule for the 08-09 school year. They will be AA next year. It's amazing the difference a drop in classification can make. These same girls have lost in the sectionals the past three years. They must be thrilled to not have to play Cleveland, Bradley, and Shelbyville to get to the state.

The cut-off for AA is 996. Stone will be over that next year and could fall under the 20% rule for the 08-09 school year. They will be AA next year. It's amazing the difference a drop in classification can make. These same girls have lost in the sectionals the past three years. They must be thrilled to not have to play Cleveland, Bradley, and Shelbyville to get to the state.

Why would they not move up next year if they are over the 20% and over 996? They will be both. TSSAA sets the rules how can they not be enforced. They are moving Liberty Tech Magnet up next year and they have 1007 students. Stone will be way over that and everybody knows it. I still believe TSSAA will do what is right. There is no way they will let Stone play AA with over 1100 students.

Stone has less than the 996 number of students, where did the 1100 figure come from? they will be AA next year because that is where they should be!! The number will be checked next year and if they go over the 1,000 mark they will be moved up for 2009. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(pantherdad @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826401988[/snapback]Stone has less than the 996 number of students, where did the 1100 figure come from? they will be AA next year because that is where they should be!! The number will be checked next year and if they go over the 1,000 mark they will be moved up for 2009. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Not sure about the 1100 number, but earlier in the year, I was told by someone within the schools administration that they had 1006 students. The 996 number was the number of students that preregistered or something. I think the 1006 number was the total after new students and transfers were included.

Anyway, best of luck to the lady panthers tomorrow night!! Wouild love to see them advance.

Actually it was 960 after all of the transfers etc. Once again, please lets don't lose focus or try to erase the accomplishments of this team by implying they deliberately moved to a smaller school to be more competitive. The students certainly had no say so where they went with the exceptions of the seniors zoned for SMHS ( they could have chosen to stay at CCHS.)

Good luck Lady Panthers we are with you all the way!!!!