Stone Memorial AA (mystery from the middle)

riseball

Congrats to Stone, but the real congrats go to the Players who stayed at CCHS to continue their basketball where they should have,and from a Teacher Stone has 1002 in School last week, they will get to stay AA one more year but then AAA here they come then we will see how good they do when their playing where they should be...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BBALLTN @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826402383[/snapback]Congrats to Stone, but the real congrats go to the Players who stayed at CCHS to continue their basketball where they should have,and from a Teacher Stone has 1002 in School last week, they will get to stay AA one more year but then AAA here they come then we will see how good they do when their playing where they should be...

It's funny that you make it out to be bad on the kids part for going to Stone. But what you forget is that the only kids that had a choice were the seniors and if they were zoned to Stone they could choose. I don't understand why everyone is hating on the lady panthers. The deserve everything that they have gotten and they have done it all will little support from everyone (except their teammates and family). Many didn't have a choice and as for how many students Stone has. The TSSAA won't let them be in a class they don't deserve to be in. Currently, they should be in AA. If enrollment goes up then they will jump up to AAA.

Stop hating and let the girls play ball. The have gotten everything they deserve and have worked extremely hard to get there. Good Luck Lady Panthers bring home a gold ball and shut the haters up!!!

QUOTE(BBALLTN @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826402383[/snapback]Congrats to Stone, but the real congrats go to the Players who stayed at CCHS to continue their basketball where they should have,and from a Teacher Stone has 1002 in School last week, they will get to stay AA one more year but then AAA here they come then we will see how good they do when their playing where they should be...

Sounds like someone has been fed some sour grapes and had to eat a little crow to go with it. How funny! Your green eyes are glowing. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Next year will take care of itself. Who cares! Stone is playing this year and that won't change. Get over it and yes they will be AAA someday but not today! Let's talk basketball instead of this junk!

This sounds like a situation similar to what happened at Walker Valley. There's no doubt they were helped playing in AA with a Class AAA enrollment, and in 3A football with a 4A enrollment. Look how well they did in every sport, and what they've done since. I'm almost certain I read a non-sports article about the school where it said they had 1,200 or so, and they were still playing AA. All that being said, I really doubt Stone did anything on purpose to try and stay in AA. I do think two year classification periods would help with these problems. I think Rhea, for an example, would be playing 5A football right now. I don't think anybody is "hating" they just want the guidelines to be followed. There are so many schools opening and/or joining the TSSAA, probably at least three around Chattanooga in the next couple of years and probably many more across the state, that things need to be done more quickly.

Nobody is "hating" Stone. I think they have a very good basketball team and I think they would do very well in AAA. If they have AA enrollment, let them play AA. That was very questionable this year. I've heard the same thing as BBALLTN. Everybody on here knows they will have AAA numbers next year for sure. The number 1100 was a low estimate as to what they will have next year. How many seniors do they have? How many freshmen are coming in? Is that fair to be playing schools that have 600-700? Put them where they belong. If they come in with 995 next year put them in AA, but i don't see their enrollment dropping. Do you BBALLTN?

I don't understand all this banter about Stone's classification and team roster, at this point in the season. Maybe in November, but not now. They are an AA team now and that's all that counts. The comparison to Walker Valley is appropriate. Our Lady Cyclones are the team that was denied the trip to the Boro by Stone in saturdays substate game, and they feel no ill will. They are ill however--What everyone is talking about up here is how we could have won the game had we made our free throws and taken a little better care of the ball.

Give Stone their fair due. They earned their shot at the Gold Ball this year. Good luck against Marshall County tommorrow!

QUOTE(Stone Age @ Mar 6 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826402568[/snapback]Next year will take care of itself. Who cares! Stone is playing this year and that won't change. Get over it and yes they will be AAA someday but not today! Let's talk basketball instead of this junk!

I agree Stone Age. Why should classification mean anything at this point in the season unless others are just looking for excuses for their own shortcomings. Fact is Stone is where TSSAA says it should be, period.

The Lady Panthers have not had a perfect season but I didn't see any other AA schools with 0 losses either. These girls can compete with anyone in the state when they play up to their capability. They have beaten some of this year's state tourney playoff teams in both A and AAA and played to within one point of powerhouse AA Austin East in one game. Other than the regional championship game, this team has played some awesome ball lately. I think they are peaking at the right time and will keep their composure in the glass house. Good Luck Lady Panthers!

Im not hating on Stone my first comment was Congrats. I just think that if you started ar CCHS I wish you would have stayed their,and dont give me this Hard Zone trash I am from Cumberland County and know of several Children who are zoned Stone and chose to stay at CCHS one of my best Freinds drive his Children from around Lake Tansi to Stone each day most of these Children are going where they choose. Also TSSAA really needs to look at these new Schools a little closer and the Admin of Schools needs to really tell the truth about #'s in their projections when opening instead of trying to play down for their first 2 years most Coaches want this so they have time to allign their programs. As far as Im cocerned for the Girls I hope they win it all its not their fault and Im certain their a bunch of great young Ladies...

And I really think if most of these Girls had stayed at CCHS with what they had they would be contending for a State Champion in AAA...

Just an observation. Much discussion on enrollment #'s for AA and AAA. What about the beatings CCHS has taken in football and b'ball playing AAA because they cannot drop to AA immediately. I understand there is a period of time required till they are reclassified,but in the mean time it's no fun watching or playing and getting drilled by larger population schools. We are blessed currently to have the talent level of girl basketball programs in Cumberland Co. and the way I see it at the grade school level this will continue a least the next 3 to 5 years..

Football- they were never competitive in AAA even with AAA enrollment.

Boys' basketball- losses to Van Buren, Meigs, York, Pickett, Oliver Springs, Bradford, and Clarkrange among others. All AA or A schools. The girls played pretty much the same schedule and ended up 12-21. I understand the frustration but the Jets were not successful in any classification in b-ball. I said the last post was my last and obviously I was wrong, but once again, please do not try to erase the accomplishments of these girls based on a.) misinformation that they are in the wrong classification and B.) that they were only successful because they dropped a classification. Note they had wins against AAA schools- including Greeneville who is playing in the AAA State tournament. The Lady Panthers have earned this- without the deception and dishonesty implied by previous posters.

GO LADY PANTHERS!!!