TSSAA forming THSA?

BigG

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 22 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826420193[/snapback]Actually, it isn't. I'm addressing MPHSLil'Kitty's accusations that it happens.

Here we go again, everytime you are called out or someone disagrees with ya, out comes the name calling. Great example. Do you use that in your advertisement for attracting new students, not recruiting them?

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 22 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826420385[/snapback]Here we go again, everytime you are called out or someone disagrees with ya, out comes the name calling. Great example. Do you use that in your advertisement for attracting new students, not recruiting them?

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You're senstive to a good natured play on your name! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Easy lil' fella ... don't be so sensitive! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 22 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826420426[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You're senstive to a good natured play on your name! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Easy lil' fella ... don't be so sensitive! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You know as well as I do its not in "good nature". You just cant stand it when you are called out. Quit sugarcoating everything.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 22 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826420193[/snapback]Actually, it isn't. I'm addressing MPHSLil'Kitty's accusations that it happens. He would have you believe that kids are showered with attention and given full free rides to privates.

The recruiting in HS is a little more subtle. College-like recruiting and no recruiting are the two extremes and believing either one occurs is unrealistic

This same exact thing happened to me from a couple of public school coaches. One coach from SC that I met on a USC baseball visit that said I could live with him. A very, very good coach from the plateau (who I met at UT baseball camp) who said he could arrange living arrangements for me to attend his school. And my previous coach at the public I attended before transferring to FCS. Hmmm ... I wonder what the outcry would be if those proposals were made by a private? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I would say at some point proposals in the same vein have been made by privates too. Some coaches/schools will bend/break the rules to get ahead.

QUOTE(Manzikert @ Mar 22 2007 - 01:03 AM) 826420020[/snapback]I've said this before, so I'll try to be brief--- While everybody likes to win at games, there is something much more important to any private school, and that is paying their bills, making payroll, keeping the lights on-- however you want to phrase it--- to do that they need tuition paying students-- especially the small privates that are in D1, 1A & 2A--- they don't have endowments or other resources like the MBAs and McCallie's of the world. So, yes, they have to attract families and persuade them to pay money to attend their school-- instead of going to a public school for free-- and free is a really strong selling point. So of course they advertise, hold open houses, put up billboards etc---- but that's not "recruiting" in the negative sense of that word -- its just marketing, like any business has to do. And, I say again--- however many counties Friendship Christian goes to to find paying families, I guarantee you that the first thing they're interested in is whether the parents have a wallet that can pay the tuition, if little Johnny or Susie can hit a jumpshot, that's nice, but its gravy, not the main thing. Say LOL all you want, but I guarantee you I'm right about this.

Manz,

I've said this or something like it a hundred times...and it gets ignored every time. Truth is, if the private bashers knew how tight the budgets are at DI privates, they would realize their accusations of financial help as a recruitment device or their absolutely unquestionable statements that the small privates have more money to spend on athletics than the small publics were completely bogus. But they just don't want to hear it, so they skim over it or simply say it isn't so...

I've even posted the gross numbers before...

Sadly, facts are not what this discussion is often about. More than not it is in MPHS's realm of "I know I'm biased and I don't care...I hate the privates...kick them out!" But keep throwing those factual posts out there...the truth may someday set someone on here free.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 22 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826420498[/snapback]You know as well as I do its not in "good nature". You just cant stand it when you are called out. Quit sugarcoating everything.

MP,

We all tag each other a bit on here...Laz makes a joke out of everyone's handle every post. It is all in fun. If you want to get on here and mix it up a bit you can't act like a 5 year old every time someone has a little fun with you. And you can't take a little joking personally. Chill man...

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826420755[/snapback]MP,

We all tag each other a bit on here...Laz makes a joke out of everyone's handle every post. It is all in fun. If you want to get on here and mix it up a bit you can't act like a 5 year old every time someone has a little fun with you. And you can't take a little joking personally. Chill man...

AAAHHHH, I get the 5 year old analogy from you, doesnt suprise me. Look you know as well as me you guys dont "tag" with me. You guys cant stand my position on privates so at times you like to get personal and I expect nothing less from some privates. Become my friend first and then take your shots. I'm a big boy and I can take, I just find it amusing its mainly the "christian school" posters that like to get personal and then sugarcoat with "tagging" and "having fun".

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 22 2007 - 05:05 PM) 826420498[/snapback]You know as well as I do its not in "good nature". You just cant stand it when you are called out. Quit sugarcoating everything.

Wow! Then you would be so insulted if Laz were online. He is the Chris Berman of handle "fun"! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh poor Ain'tOne ... err, I mean Antwan. The horror he must be going through knowing others have fun with his handle. Oh, the horror! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 23 2007 - 05:54 AM) 826420857[/snapback]AAAHHHH, I get the 5 year old analogy from you, doesnt suprise me. Look you know as well as me you guys dont "tag" with me. You guys cant stand my position on privates so at times you like to get personal and I expect nothing less from some privates. Become my friend first and then take your shots. I'm a big boy and I can take, I just find it amusing its mainly the "christian school" posters that like to get personal and then sugarcoat with "tagging" and "having fun".

You know the difference in these "Christian posters" and you??? We all have a distinict oppinion on this particular issue. But if i am talking to say Croz, i don't go "oh well he is a public school supporter, i automatically don't like him"... you sometimes do. Actually get to know the poster before you don't like them... ok?

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 23 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826421031[/snapback]You know the difference in these "Christian posters" and you??? We all have a distinict oppinion on this particular issue. But if i am talking to say Croz, i don't go "oh well he is a public school supporter, i automatically don't like him"... you sometimes do. Actually get to know the poster before you don't like them... ok?

FCS I like you because we have debated and it got heated a few times and you said something that wasnt nice and you were man enough to apaologize. I'm sorry I have a problem with people wh olie to get personal because somebody else has a different opinion. I have cryed for a split since the end of the school year and all the privates fired back at me. Coacht recommends it and nobody has the soccer balls to say anything to him ( in a "tagging" way). LOL.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 23 2007 - 02:03 PM) 826421134[/snapback]FCS I like you because we have debated and it got heated a few times and you said something that wasnt nice and you were man enough to apaologize. I'm sorry I have a problem with people wh olie to get personal because somebody else has a different opinion. I have cryed for a split since the end of the school year and all the privates fired back at me. Coacht recommends it and nobody has the soccer balls to say anything to him ( in a "tagging" way). LOL.

You need to stop crying. That`s why it is called whining.

btw...some publics fire back at you too.

Oh Baldcoach....You are right.