Choctaws State Bound!

N2Choctaws

QUOTE(papatiger @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:01 PM) 826402796[/snapback]Why? It is true. Someone could upset Liberty Tech in the state tournament. If their top 7 players don't show up. Then it would still be a struggle. Let me tell you. I'm not from Jackson, not even West Tennessee. I've seen these kids play 5 times this year. They are for real and no one will get close to them barring what I have already stated. Coach williams will have them ready too.

Just when you think you have a chance, like hanging within 5-7 points early, they turn it on like turning on a light switch and it's over. It's kind of like seeing a train light in a dark tunnel. When you see it, you better run, cause it's coming. Yeah!!!! Right P.A.?

Man....you might ought to move on over to the other side of the river. You're about to get that Yeah thing down. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826402804[/snapback]Man....you might ought to move on over to the other side of the river. You're about to get that Yeah thing down. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Maybe I'll get transferred over that way. Could happen. I should be there on Saturday night for the championship, might even get down with you on the YEAH! YEAH! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(johanndevereaux @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826402230[/snapback]Go ahead and make the trip down I-24 we will a couple of orange shirts waiting for you. PS tough draw for you guys getting Liberty when you did. Great season, after losing all that talent, to reel of 20+ wins shows tremendous character and toughness great job.

I will make the trip down I-24 to come see yall play. I can't wait to see DC play. Yea I know Liberty is a very great basketball team, but I'm glad we got put out by one of the best teams in the state, if not the best.

QUOTE(N2Choctaws @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:36 PM) 826402671[/snapback]Don't mention this group of Choctaws in the same breath as Butch. He was two coaches ago.

As long as Dyersburg middle school has an outstanding basketball program with over 100 kids trying out each year; Other schools will always pick up a few looking for chances that might not be available at DHS. Ripley, Lake Co., Dyer Co. Dyersburg, and Obion Central have all gained and lost players to each other's program in several sports over the last few years. Tell Justin, Dejuan, D'Angelo. or Steven they were recruited. They will probably set you straight, on second thought they are probably too polite to respond accordingly.

Where's your team playing next Wednesday?

Yea u might be right, BUT if not them then it was Barbee. Whoever it was its recruiting for example this is recruiting; Giving rides to players to newbern, buying shoes for younger basketball players, hmm and the latest paying for Dyersburg players meals at Applebees. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Dyersburgfanatic @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:47 PM) 826402881[/snapback]Yea u might be right, BUT if not them then it was Barbee. Whoever it was its recruiting for example this is recruiting; Giving rides to players to newbern, buying shoes for younger basketball players, hmm and the latest paying for Dyersburg players meals at Applebees. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If you know this and can prove it, you should report it.

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> WHY IS SOME DYERSBURG PERSON ALWAYS HATING ON DYER COUNTY!!??!! WHY DO I ALWAYS HEAR SOMETHING NEGATIVE WHEN SOMETHING POSITIVE FROM DC ARISES.......JUST SHUT IT ALL UP, THEY HAVE BEEN HEARING IT FOR TOO LONG.......AND WHY DOES DC HAVE TO RECRUIT ANYWAY??........YOU NEED TO LOOK AT WHO IS RUNNING YOUR ATHETLICS AT DYERSBURG INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT THE PLAYERS DC HAS AND BLAMING IT ON THEM!!!

DANG!!

But I digress.......... /mellow.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" />

QUOTE(madii @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:34 PM) 826402956[/snapback]/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> WHY IS SOME DYERSBURG PERSON ALWAYS HATING ON DYER COUNTY!!??!! WHY DO I ALWAYS HEAR SOMETHING NEGATIVE WHEN SOMETHING POSITIVE FROM DC ARISES.......JUST SHUT IT ALL UP, THEY HAVE BEEN HEARING IT FOR TOO LONG.......AND WHY DOES DC HAVE TO RECRUIT ANYWAY??........YOU NEED TO LOOK AT WHO IS RUNNING YOUR ATHETLICS AT DYERSBURG INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT THE PLAYERS DC HAS AND BLAMING IT ON THEM!!!

DANG!!

But I digress.......... /mellow.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" />

I hate to tell you madii but your best b-ball player is a transfer and your best football player for the last 4 years was a transfer. This does make people wonder whats going on.

So you call transferring.........recruiting?

Let me break it down:

If you have never been around players in the locker room, or were a player yourself, then you wouldn't understand this.

These situations are what I call "I don't want to play for this particular coach b/c ________"

DC would have still been good the previous two years if Butch would've stayed, b/c the players "liked to play for this particular coach".

But he didn't stay, Frodden came in, players soon formed their opinion, and then said "I don't want to play for this particular coach," and most of the talent left.

Note: If the coach respects the players and the players CAN see the outcome of their hard work at practice, players will stay at their school.

But if one of these two barriers break down, especially RESPECT, players will soon form their OWN opinion, and either quit the team or transfer somewhere else.

It's as simple as that......basic common sense coming from a players perspective.

DC has and always will have talent. They just needed the right person to harness it.

And with McCord, having respect for his players and players seeing the outcome of their hard work, did just that.

Unlike others I know...... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(madii @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826403035[/snapback]So you call transferring.........recruiting?

Let me break it down:

If you have never been around players in the locker room, or were a player yourself, then you wouldn't understand this.

These situations are what I call "I don't want to play for this particular coach b/c ________"

DC would have still been good the previous two years if Butch would've stayed, b/c the players "liked to play for this particular coach".

But he didn't stay, Frodden came in, players soon formed their opinion, and then said "I don't want to play for this particular coach," and most of the talent left.

Note: If the coach respects the players and the players CAN see the outcome of their hard work at practice, players will stay at their school.

But if one of these two barriers break down, especially RESPECT, players will soon form their OWN opinion, and either quit the team or transfer somewhere else.

It's as simple as that......basic common sense coming from a players perspective.

DC has and always will have talent. They just needed the right person to harness it.

And with McCord, having respect for his players and players seeing the outcome of their hard work, did just that.

Unlike others I know...... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

First I never used the word recruiting,but the truth is had these players not transfered in b-ball DC would be .500 at best.Also DC would have been lucky to win 6 games in 4 years without the football transfer. I am not blaming anyone for the transfers;I am not from DC or Dburg.I was just stating it does make people wonder about it.I do wish these players the best nomatter where they play.

QUOTE(NB #9 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826403058[/snapback]First I never used the word recruiting,but the truth is had these players not transfered in b-ball DC would be .500 at best.Also DC would have been lucky to win 6 games in 4 years without the football transfer. I am not blaming anyone for the transfers;I am not from DC or Dburg.I was just stating it does make people wonder about it.I do wish these players the best nomatter where they play.

your right nb