Culleoka vs. Cloudland

culleokarep

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bballer13 @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826412310[/snapback]haha...where were you sitting???

we were behind the tables w/ all the guys on laptops..lol..whatever you call that! idk....

but anyway, we were about 6 rows up and in the middle. like to the right of our student section

and on around to the middle of the court. that probably makes no sense to you.

QUOTE(ksgovols @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826412267[/snapback]I mean, I'm from Maury County and I can't think of a state champion in any sport in my lifetime from any of the county teams. Why hate on the ones that are there when your team is not?

Unless you are only a couple of years old, you should know some of these.

Columbia Central has won a state championship in football, girls bowling and in long jump track and field.

Hampshire has one in girls 100 yard dash and 440 relay.

Spring Hill has one in football.

Columbia Academy has one in baseball.

That's just the ones that I know about.

QUOTE(TyFry @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826413637[/snapback]Unless you are only a couple of years old, you should know some of these.

Columbia Central has won a state championship in football, girls bowling and in long jump track and field.

Hampshire has one in girls 100 yard dash and 440 relay.

Spring Hill has one in football.

Columbia Academy has one in baseball.

That's just the ones that I know about.

Yeah. Central's football gold ball was 1951 I think. Not in my lifetime.

Not sure about Spring Hill's. Maybe the Papa Wade years. Yep, 1986.

CA's baseball in the early 90's. I do remember that one.

Don't know about track and field. Don't care. Ditto bowling.

I do know Columbia Central has about 20 district championships on their boy's basketball banner and I can remember losses to Austin-East in the Fred Jenkins years and Chattanooga Brainerd in the state when Roni Bailey played. For all their basketball tradition, they've never won state that I can recall. Been runner up a time or three. They've been to state in baseball another time or two as well. The point is getting there is the thing. Gold balls are hard to come by. Don't judge your program on gold balls alone. There ain't that many. Central has one. CA has one and Spring Hill has one in the big 3.

I'm 3rd generation CHS. I wasn't dissing on them at all. Just pointing out that getting to state is tough enough. Winning state is another story. If we're comparing, everybody in 8AAA has a state championship in basketball, football, baseball or softball since Central won that football championship in the 50's. Just sayin'........

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826412719[/snapback]Just because say a Cloudland or East Literature is in,doesn't mean they are better than a Union City or Lake County...Excellent post....

Yes it does. They made it to the dance and those other schools didnt. Anybody can be a good team, its the great teams in basketball that win in March.

Congrats Culleoka, take it all.