Farragut vs. Catholic

The Zon

QUOTE(lcdefence @ Mar 10 2007 - 07:01 PM) 826407465[/snapback]Nice sportsmanship. What "soccer team" do you play for? Actually we have a really good, talented team this year, last year we lacked a good offense, but now we have that. We have had to play with 5 or 6 players with injuries (including 2 starting seniors, a forward and our sweeper) and one who is no longer eligible to play (a starting senior who played forward). As for the Jamboree, the wind was affecting everyone's play because it was so strong, so don't say that the wind at our back, which actually blew across the field in the Catholic game had any effect on our win, because it was causing our passes and shots to go different directions too. We had one goal against us that was caused by the wind in one of our other Jamboree games after our keeper would have knocked the ball out for a corner kick under normal conditions, it just blew the ball right back in the goal past our keeper. Also like other teams, we too are trying some new stuff and putting our JV in for some experience before the season starts. We finally have a coach now too after our other new coach for this season quit. I think just about every team underestimates the Lenoir City "soccer team" every year and Parke865 proves that.

LCdefense... what is going on with the coaching? Is Coach Martin still there? Man, I hope things work out with your new coach.

I have never underestimated LC. They are always a team that plays with a whole lot of passion. We are looking forward to playing you guys this season, and keep us posted on how things are going.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Lenoir City's defense, they scored a sweet goal on the first one that had nothing to do with the wind. The second one may have been effected, but they played really well and will hang well in their district this year. G, I saw coach martin there, he has a new assistant that is a younger guy who is a former player at LC, but he seemed to still be running the show.

Coach Martin is still here and so is Quinten, the alumni assistant coach, is there too. But Coach Martin wanted another head coach that knew alot about the game so we now have John Lavin as our coach too. He played and coached in England professionaly and has the highest coaching certification from England. He came over here many years ago and coached University level soccer. Over the last few years he has coached my old competitive team (KFC Fusion) as well as some other teams. Coach Lavin hasn't been to any of the scrimmages yet other than our alumni game, so you wouldn't have seen him yet.

I agree, the second goal scored in the Catholic scrimmage probably was carried by the wind some because it was shot around the half line. It was a nice, lucky goal scored by Mitch.

Does anyone know who scored the one goal against Farragut in their scrimmage against Catholic? Was it Ricardo?

QUOTE(lcdefence @ Mar 11 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826408229[/snapback]Coach Martin is still here and so is Quinten, the alumni assistant coach, is there too. But Coach Martin wanted another head coach that knew alot about the game so we now have John Lavin as our coach too. He played and coached in England professionaly and has the highest coaching certification from England. He came over here many years ago and coached University level soccer. Over the last few years he has coached my old competitive team (KFC Fusion) as well as some other teams. Coach Lavin hasn't been to any of the scrimmages yet other than our alumni game, so you wouldn't have seen him yet.

I agree, the second goal scored in the Catholic scrimmage probably was carried by the wind some because it was shot around the half line. It was a nice, lucky goal scored by Mitch.

Does anyone know who scored the one goal against Farragut in their scrimmage against Catholic? Was it Ricardo?

Yes he did, the ball deflected right infront of him inside the six... He does have some good feet though

QUOTE(Parke865 @ Mar 8 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826404916[/snapback]any team that loses to Lenior City's "Soccer Team" shouldnt be on the same field as farragut

Lol, someone hasnt been around Knoville soccer for long. You should really finding out more about what a small team like LC has done in the last few years.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(lcdefence @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:05 PM) 826408229[/snapback]Coach Martin is still here and so is Quinten, the alumni assistant coach, is there too. But Coach Martin wanted another head coach that knew alot about the game so we now have John Lavin as our coach too. He played and coached in England professionaly and has the highest coaching certification from England. He came over here many years ago and coached University level soccer. Over the last few years he has coached my old competitive team (KFC Fusion) as well as some other teams. Coach Lavin hasn't been to any of the scrimmages yet other than our alumni game, so you wouldn't have seen him yet.

Hey Lcdefense,

Don't listen or pay attention to the "soccer team" shots. Lenior City has been a good team for quite some time- no one who has had to play them has looked forward to it- because they know they have their work cut out for them. I have had the pleasure of talking to your Coach Lavin. We had a lot of fun picking apart the local club teams and joking about the reasons why Knoxville can not get any cooperation between clubs! It was a joy to talk to him for a good deal of time. Please tell him that he once suggested that I read a book called "Walking On Water". It was awesome!! ANY Coach would love this book!! Listen to his advice and he will help your team greatly. Good luck!! Knowing that he is there really peaks my interest in your season. Can you please give the first couple of games that you guys play, so that I might prepare to see a few of them?? I will eventually get the whole season, but right now it is tough to find. Again good luck Lenoir City!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 12 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826409383[/snapback]Hey Lcdefense,

Don't listen or pay attention to the "soccer team" shots. Lenior City has been a good team for quite some time- no one who has had to play them has looked forward to it- because they know they have their work cut out for them. I have had the pleasure of talking to your Coach Lavin. We had a lot of fun picking apart the local club teams and joking about the reasons why Knoxville can not get any cooperation between clubs! It was a joy to talk to him for a good deal of time. Please tell him that he once suggested that I read a book called "Walking On Water". It was awesome!! ANY Coach would love this book!! Listen to his advice and he will help your team greatly. Good luck!! Knowing that he is there really peaks my interest in your season. Can you please give the first couple of games that you guys play, so that I might prepare to see a few of them?? I will eventually get the whole season, but right now it is tough to find. Again good luck Lenoir City!!

Sorry, but I didn't mention the EXACT title so here it is for anyone who wants to read about a coach who goes against the system....and wins. The title is: Cloughie- Walking on Water: My Life By Brian Clough and John Sadler

The easiest way to get a copy is by the ISBN number..it is 0747265674:9780747265672. Happy reading!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:09 PM) 826409383[/snapback]Hey Lcdefense,

Thanks pseudophobia,

We have 3 games this week, tomorrow @ Farragut, Thursday @ Morristown East but we play Morristown West, and Friday @ Loudon

QUOTE(lchalfback @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826409473[/snapback]Thanks pseudophobia,

We have 3 games this week, tomorrow @ Farragut, Thursday @ Morristown East but we play Morristown West, and Friday @ Loudon

Wow! You take Farragut on pretty early in your schedule! Isn't that a district game for you? Good luck. Sounds like you guys are getting things together. I am also glad you found a new assistant coach, and one who knows what they are doing. Please let us know the details of all your games, but especially the Loudon game (since this is a district game for us).

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:16 PM) 826409484[/snapback]Wow! You take Farragut on pretty early in your schedule! Isn't that a district game for you? Good luck. Sounds like you guys are getting things together. I am also glad you found a new assistant coach, and one who knows what they are doing. Please let us know the details of all your games, but especially the Loudon game (since this is a district game for us).

From what I know loudons not very good