Worth/Lady Warrior Southern Invitational

uncfan09

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tennspy @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826421947[/snapback]Tennspy has heard that msot people expect Hendersonville or Siegel (maybe hometown crowd a plus) to win this tournament.

Tennspy must have only been talking to Hendersonville and Siegel people /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> because I doubt that anyone else expects these two to be the favorites. There are going to be a lot of very strong teams at this tournament and most of them are capable of winning it if they get on a roll.

i'd have to agree.. i do not think either of those teams will come out on top. This is a strong tourny and i am not really seeing it? Riverdale or Soddy is my guess. Soddy wasn't that hot when they went to hendersonville, but im sure they will pull all their stuff together. Riverdale- just strong team..

Hendersonville is a great hitting team. You'll just have to wait and see. They also don't amke excuses about their play (see MTSCA). They are a seasoned team, with everyone back from lst year on a team that beat everyone in their strong district.

Unfortunately, some the best teams may not even be there, but that can always happen.

Best to the girls, whoever wins. They're all winners, aren't they?

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Mar 23 2007 - 09:09 AM) 826420932[/snapback]Please let me know if anyone pulls out of this tournament or if any openings come up.

Heard that an equally good tournament in Brentwood next weekend may have an opening. Best team in Alabama [Hoover] will be there we hear. Conatct Brentwood High about it.

QUOTE(basehit @ Mar 25 2007 - 01:23 AM) 826421956[/snapback]are you serious

Oh yeah.

Ken, who else is in your tournament this weekend? Where is it being played? Crocket park? Fly park? Is there a web site? Are there other Alabama teams in it, like Vestavia, Huntsville, or Hueytown? They are ranked 1, 2 and 3, in 6A this week on the Alabama high school web site. Hoover is 4, Sparkman is 5, but actually when you get to the top five in 6a all could be called the best in the state. They will all be tough.

QUOTE(tennspy @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:14 PM) 826422468[/snapback]Heard that an equally good tournament in Brentwood next weekend may have an opening. Best team in Alabama [Hoover] will be there we hear. Conatct Brentwood High about it.

Oh yeah.

QUOTE(topgame @ Mar 26 2007 - 04:50 AM) 826422790[/snapback]Ken, who else is in your tournament this weekend? Where is it being played? Crocket park? Fly park? Is there a web site? Are there other Alabama teams in it, like Vestavia, Huntsville, or Hueytown? They are ranked 1, 2 and 3, in 6A this week on the Alabama high school web site. Hoover is 4, Sparkman is 5, but actually when you get to the top five in 6a all could be called the best in the state. They will all be tough.

A good question. Who is in the Brentwood tournament? How many teams do you have coming? I didnt even know there was a Brentwood tournament this weekend.

QUOTE(my2cents @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826422490[/snapback]Florida pitches from 43 ft., will it be an issue changing back to 40 ft.?

Expect more effective fastballs, but movement pitches are about same effectiveness if the pitcher knows how to make the ball break at a different distance from mound (yeah, talent for sure.)

QUOTE(topgame @ Mar 26 2007 - 04:50 AM) 826422790[/snapback]Ken, who else is in your tournament this weekend? Where is it being played? Crocket park? Fly park? Is there a web site? Are there other Alabama teams in it, like Vestavia, Huntsville, or Hueytown? They are ranked 1, 2 and 3, in 6A this week on the Alabama high school web site. Hoover is 4, Sparkman is 5, but actually when you get to the top five in 6a all could be called the best in the state. They will all be tough.

Who's topgame?

I know of another top flight team from Alabama interested in the Brentwood tournament. Any info?