A question for Div. II fans

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:34 PM) 826420776[/snapback]So, to quote Rockhound from Armegeddon, "It's time to embrace the horror!" and admit that as long as a school isn't violating the recruitment rules it gets NO advantage from having a wide area of draw...of course, you could claim that most if not all the small privates are, indeed, violating the recruitment rule as you have before.

If that were the case then they would certainly gain an advantage from a wide draw area.

Im not going to resort to names, but I totally disagree with that. MP is close to the county lines with Lawrence Co and Lewis Co. If MP were a private, any kid who attended L'burg or Lewis Co. could travel the 20 to 30 minutes to go to MP without problems. Because MP is public and is in Maury CO. these kids families would have to pack their bags and move to Maury Co. in the MP zone to attend MP. If you call that fair than I REALLY do want a split, because the mind set is the privates do no wrong and publics just need to buck up and play who is ever in front of them because privates dont want to travel along ways if the split happens. Its all about the privates, and if anybody bucks them they are lowlifes and deserve to be called names.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 23 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826420880[/snapback]Im not going to resort to names, but I totally disagree with that. MP is close to the county lines with Lawrence Co and Lewis Co. If MP were a private, any kid who attended L'burg or Lewis Co. could travel the 20 to 30 minutes to go to MP without problems. Because MP is public and is in Maury CO. these kids families would have to pack their bags and move to Maury Co. in the MP zone to attend MP. If you call that fair than I REALLY do want a split, because the mind set is the privates do no wrong and publics just need to buck up and play who is ever in front of them because privates dont want to travel along ways if the split happens. Its all about the privates, and if anybody bucks them they are lowlifes and deserve to be called names.

You honestly think there aren't some kids from Lawrence and Lewis counties in school at MP? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 23 2007 - 08:00 AM) 826420925[/snapback]You honestly think there aren't some kids from Lawrence and Lewis counties in school at MP? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It doesn't matter, because even though there is, i bet there can't possibly be one of them with a pair of cleats come football season......

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 23 2007 - 09:02 AM) 826420880[/snapback]Im not going to resort to names, but I totally disagree with that. MP is close to the county lines with Lawrence Co and Lewis Co. If MP were a private, any kid who attended L'burg or Lewis Co. could travel the 20 to 30 minutes to go to MP without problems.

NO, they couldn't. Only the ones who could pay the tuition could attend, and then only the ones whose parents were willing to spend that money.

Because MP is public and is in Maury CO. these kids families would have to pack their bags and move to Maury Co. in the MP zone to attend MP.

Irrelevant because EVERY kid in MP's zone can go to MP free...only a fraction could go to MP if they charged tuition. You still haven't answered my question...which puddle has more water?

If you call that fair than I REALLY do want a split, because the mind set is the privates do no wrong and publics just need to buck up and play who is ever in front of them because privates dont want to travel along ways if the split happens. Its all about the privates, and if anybody bucks them they are lowlifes and deserve to be called names.

Wasn't it you who whined about people getting personal? Now you think you can read my mind and tell me what I am thinking...which just happens to be something lousy and negative? Any opinion that disagrees with you is so biased that we must be calling you a lowlife? LOL! Which puddle MP...it is a simple question.

And you might want to dial down the 'Poor me...you guys are being mean to me' act every time someone disagrees with you...it gets old.

MP...are you so naive that you think it is hard to move across a county line? It would be much easier for me to sell my house and move into a zone than coming up with an extra $12,000.00 a year (2 kids ). What exactly is hard about moving?

Last year Munford got a new coach from Memphis, Wayne Randall. No less than 3 players from Memphis moved to Munford. It probably entailed nothing more than leaving the place they were renting in Memphis and renting a place in Munford. All 3 kids started and Munford went from dead last in the region the year before to winning the region in Coach Randall`s first year there.

BC, where you got negativity from my comments is beyond me. I didnt call anyone names or "tag" as you people like to call it. You people have a different opinion than mine, but I havent resorted to name calling. Its not a "poor me' its me calling out the christian school posters getting ugly or personal is all. And that my friend is a fact.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 24 2007 - 05:50 PM) 826421651[/snapback]BC, where you got negativity from my comments is beyond me. I didnt call anyone names or "tag" as you people like to call it. You people have a different opinion than mine, but I havent resorted to name calling. Its not a "poor me' its me calling out the christian school posters getting ugly or personal is all. And that my friend is a fact.

Believe it or not MP I am coming to believe you when you say you don't know why people get upset with your posts. You post the most negative things and then can't figure out why people come back at you. You feel picked on because you really, honestly didn't think your post was anything as bad as, say, altering someone's handle in a humorous way. It is just that all the rest of us on both sides of the argument look at your posts and can see the insults plainly. And we don't mind a jab here and there from each other. You need to ask yourself if it is all of us who are mistaken or you.

Here is your quote that I took as negative and "poor me"

>>>"If you call that fair than I REALLY do want a split, because the mind set is the privates do no wrong and publics just need to buck up and play who is ever in front of them because privates dont want to travel along ways if the split happens. Its all about the privates, and if anybody bucks them they are lowlifes and deserve to be called names.<<<

Don't you see that the last sentence implies that [A] You know what I think about people who disagree with me

and I think they are lowlifes and deserve to be called names?

Or at least that that is how we 'privates' all think?

Almost every post you write contains insults written as "opinion". And that is how you defend it, as if that makes it ok. If I walk up to an unattractive, overweight female student and say "In my opinion you must be lazy and a glutton because we all know that is what caused obesity, and you need to wash your hair and use makeup better if you want to get ahead in life, but don't get offended, those are just my opinions." Would I be justified in getting upset if she flew back at me verbally? NO, because I insulted her, and saying "it is just my opinion" doesn't change the insult.

Ps You might want to lay off the sarcastic references you are always making about people's Christianity...implying not so subtly that someone is a religious hypocrit is not recommended in How to Win Friends and Influence People.

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Mar 26 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826422683[/snapback]Believe it or not MP I am coming to believe you when you say you don't know why people get upset with your posts. You post the most negative things and then can't figure out why people come back at you. You feel picked on because you really, honestly didn't think your post was anything as bad as, say, altering someone's handle in a humorous way. It is just that all the rest of us on both sides of the argument look at your posts and can see the insults plainly. And we don't mind a jab here and there from each other. You need to ask yourself if it is all of us who are mistaken or you.

Here is your quote that I took as negative and "poor me"

>>>"If you call that fair than I REALLY do want a split, because the mind set is the privates do no wrong and publics just need to buck up and play who is ever in front of them because privates dont want to travel along ways if the split happens. Its all about the privates, and if anybody bucks them they are lowlifes and deserve to be called names.<<<

Don't you see that the last sentence implies that [A] You know what I think about people who disagree with me

and I think they are lowlifes and deserve to be called names?

Or at least that that is how we 'privates' all think?

Almost every post you write contains insults written as "opinion". And that is how you defend it, as if that makes it ok. If I walk up to an unattractive, overweight female student and say "In my opinion you must be lazy and a glutton because we all know that is what caused obesity, and you need to wash your hair and use makeup better if you want to get ahead in life, but don't get offended, those are just my opinions." Would I be justified in getting upset if she flew back at me verbally? NO, because I insulted her, and saying "it is just my opinion" doesn't change the insult.

Ps You might want to lay off the sarcastic references you are always making about people's Christianity...implying not so subtly that someone is a religious hypocrit is not recommended in How to Win Friends and Influence People.

First of all my comments come from the fact you guys fired back first with slander and name calling. Second if a woman complained about being fat to me all the time I would eventually tell her if you stay lazy and a glutton you will remain in an obesity state. If the truth hurt I'm sorry, but quit crying to me about being fat. I mean when I talk about yall thinking publics are lowlifes its the truth. My opinions were stated and the name calling followed, I followed with that comment because some private posters dont know how to keep from calling public posters names. As far a the references about Christianity, some people need to start acting more like one if they want to back the private christian schools.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 26 2007 - 07:38 AM) 826422796[/snapback]First of all my comments come from the fact you guys fired back first with slander and name calling. Second if a woman complained about being fat to me all the time I would eventually tell her if you stay lazy and a glutton you will remain in an obesity state. If the truth hurt I'm sorry, but quit crying to me about being fat. I mean when I talk about yall thinking publics are lowlifes its the truth. My opinions were stated and the name calling followed, I followed with that comment because some private posters dont know how to keep from calling public posters names. As far a the references about Christianity, some people need to start acting more like one if they want to back the private christian schools.

*sigh*

I give. Someone else take a shot at explaining to him why his posts are much more insulting than playing pun games with his screen name, I tried.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Mar 26 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826423116[/snapback]*sigh*

I give. Someone else take a shot at explaining to him why his posts are much more insulting than playing pun games with his screen name, I tried.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

To paraphrase a current TV ad, "There's dense and then there's Coacht dense".

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Mar 26 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826423116[/snapback]*sigh*

It's alright BC. He has a prejudiced point of view and refuses to see anything else. Everyone else understands and, frankly, that is all that matters.