Tullahoma Girls Basketball

sig1996

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pressure on these girls they are good and they know they are and they truly believe they've got the talent to go far. Those are the type of things you want to keep posted in their minds and have them display in practice in games and on and off the court. You have to keep things positive they need it! Lets focus on them improving on the talent they have this summer and encourage them to take into the season. The skies the limit for these girls lets keep it that way!

QUOTE(coach_mac @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826429254[/snapback]No pressure on these girls they are good and they know they are and they truly believe they've got the talent to go far. Those are the type of things you want to keep posted in their minds and have them display in practice in games and on and off the court. You have to keep things positive they need it! Lets focus on them improving on the talent they have this summer and encourage them to take into the season. The skies the limit for these girls lets keep it that way!

Good luck to the team and their new coach. The one thing I am confused about though is how does a team that hasnt won a district game in over three seasons become so good? Maybe they have better young talent but they dont have anybody who will stop jerrell. Shelbyville or Lawrence Co will win this district next year.

QUOTE(coach_mac @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826429254[/snapback]No pressure on these girls they are good and they know they are and they truly believe they've got the talent to go far. Those are the type of things you want to keep posted in their minds and have them display in practice in games and on and off the court. You have to keep things positive they need it! Lets focus on them improving on the talent they have this summer and encourage them to take into the season. The skies the limit for these girls lets keep it that way!

No disrespect to these girls. Just throwing it out there that there is a big jump from j.v. to District 8AAA varsity basketball. I do have one question and I hate to ask...but, why did Tullahoma hire a coach that didn't win a district game last year? I don't know his background. Is his previous record better and last year was just a fluke?

Coach Seals was at Soddy Daisy during the late 90's and early 2000's. He won a couple of district 6-AAA tournaments. I really don't have the hard numbers, but the teams were really competitive. During his tenure at Rhea County, he really didn't have much talent to work with...well except for Tiffany Travis. I wish him luck in 8 - AAA!

Did I miss the announcement of the hiring of the new Coach (besides the announcement from Binns)? I haven't seen anything in the newspaper but I may have missed an issue or two.

If there hasn't been an announcement what are they waiting on? Has the superintendent approved the on the hire or is that what the paper is waiting on?

What will the new coach teach? Will he step in and teach Coach Galloways classes or is he certified in soemthing else?

QUOTE(Fan @ Apr 9 2007 - 07:41 PM) 826433408[/snapback]Did I miss the announcement of the hiring of the new Coach (besides the announcement from Binns)? I haven't seen anything in the newspaper but I may have missed an issue or two.

If there hasn't been an announcement what are they waiting on? Has the superintendent approved the on the hire or is that what the paper is waiting on?

What will the new coach teach? Will he step in and teach Coach Galloways classes or is he certified in soemthing else?

don't depend on the paper for sports news

He used to teach Algebra. His teams at Rhea, for the most part, just didn't have it. It's true it's the coach's job to build that talent up but he didn't have a lot to work with especially this past season. I saw them lose a scrimmage game to a much smaller school something around 65-10. It's also hard to build with Bradley, Walker Valley, Cleveland and McMinn County in the district, along with Cumberland which was very strong until losing most of their talent to the new Stone High School. They beat Bradley a season ago. He built a pretty competitive team at Soddy-Daisy, a softball school. One of the best basketball players at Soddy this year signed to play softball in college, if he'd had more play both sports he'd probably still be there.

From waht INDIAN stated above, it appears the new coach has stepped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Speaking of not having it, being in a tough district (Shelbyville, Lawrenceburg, etc.... how many Gold Balls recide in 8AAA over the last 15 years as opposed to the District in Chattanooga), and players playing more than one sport --- this is the State of Tullahoma basketbell despite the folks who think they have the talent to win the District next year. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the BB program.

Like I said in another post, the girls have to make the commitment to work hard on their own in the off season. Just like UT, there are restrictions on the amount of time Coach Summitt can spend with them in the off season - just like HS.

• 2 weeks later...