Coaching change at Science Hill

hightop

QUOTE(StevenFabrics44 @ Mar 24 2007 - 12:55 AM) 826421407[/snapback]I may be wrong, but i think the reason cutlip is wanting to leave the hill is because all of the pressure he has to deal with year in and year out. Pitts is one of the best coaches to ever coach high school basketball in tenn and the success he had at the hill has spoiled topper fans forever. To me, cutlip cant coach nowhere near as well as duncan of greeneville or even morgan of D-B. That hire had to be very political. Turner probably hired him so he would play his son and some of the kids that wouldnt get to play if bryan crowder coached there. crowder and some of the other coaches who applied would've played the best no matter which kids belonged to who. I do know that crowder's coaching can be off beat at times but he is a winner. the guy has turned two down programs completely around in the last six years whether hes had talent or not. I believe if crowder or even somebody like bill duncan had that job they would have had science hill in the state all three years, because they're winners, no matter how they do it. I do believe that if offered, duncan would take this job, but crowder wouldn't just on principle on how they shafted him last time when he applied. randy ferrel had a big part in crowder not getting the job because of his dislike of the crowder brothers(heard that from a source) But anyway the way i see it, is if science hill doesn't stop being so political in who they choose who their coach is going to be, they will never have success there like they have had in the past. And what somebody has already said in this post, i too heard that bryan crowder was going to leave antioch. That would be a crazy thing to do since he is returning most of his

29-8 team from this year, but there has to be a good reason for it.

Is he leavin SH, or just not coaching them. Aka, will he look for another job if he resigns?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(offtackle @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:38 AM) 826411225[/snapback]I have the most reliable source and the source says with 9 juniors coming back and a probable #1 ranking to begin the season Crowder will be back. However, after next year movement could be a possibility but not in Tennessee. The move will be south and primarily on the beach.

crowder has some talent and was left talent. hasn't done much with them. maybe he should think about the beach now and let another coach lead antioch to the state.

QUOTE(StevenFabrics44 @ Mar 24 2007 - 12:55 AM) 826421407[/snapback]I may be wrong, but i think the reason cutlip is wanting to leave the hill is because all of the pressure he has to deal with year in and year out. Pitts is one of the best coaches to ever coach high school basketball in tenn and the success he had at the hill has spoiled topper fans forever. To me, cutlip cant coach nowhere near as well as duncan of greeneville or even morgan of D-B. That hire had to be very political. Turner probably hired him so he would play his son and some of the kids that wouldnt get to play if bryan crowder coached there. crowder and some of the other coaches who applied would've played the best no matter which kids belonged to who. I do know that crowder's coaching can be off beat at times but he is a winner. the guy has turned two down programs completely around in the last six years whether hes had talent or not. I believe if crowder or even somebody like bill duncan had that job they would have had science hill in the state all three years, because they're winners, no matter how they do it. I do believe that if offered, duncan would take this job, but crowder wouldn't just on principle on how they shafted him last time when he applied. randy ferrel had a big part in crowder not getting the job because of his dislike of the crowder brothers(heard that from a source) But anyway the way i see it, is if science hill doesn't stop being so political in who they choose who their coach is going to be, they will never have success there like they have had in the past. And what somebody has already said in this post, i too heard that bryan crowder was going to leave antioch. That would be a crazy thing to do since he is returning most of his

29-8 team from this year, but there has to be a good reason for it.

Are you serious? Crowder has not won without talent at Rhea Co. or Antioch. He had a ton of talent at both. As soon as his talent dried up at Rhea Co. he left. He does win, but its with a lot of talent.

QUOTE(therickbol @ Mar 27 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826424112[/snapback]Are you serious? Crowder has not won without talent at Rhea Co. or Antioch. He had a ton of talent at both. As soon as his talent dried up at Rhea Co. he left. He does win, but its with a lot of talent.

Evidently, some of you guys don't have a clue. Crowder is a personal friend of mine and I have been following him for over 20 years. First, He started a program from scratch at Bristol College, Where in the first year he beat all the TVAC schools at least once including Carson Newman When they were raniked in the top 10 NAIA. He did win the Small college National Championship that year. He then won the State as a Junior College coach in Arizona also started that program. Then Won a highschool State Championship. He goes to Rhea where he took the same team from the year before that won 9 games and went to the substate beating number 2 Chattanooga Brainard, very little talent. Now, Antioch which has two winning seasons in the past 20 years and has won over 50 gamesin two years time. So, wouldn't you take a 12,000 dollar raise to leave a team where you won over 90 games in four years. He has nothing else to prove. Get your facts straight before you comment on a coach.

QUOTE(tn sarcasm @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826423917[/snapback]crowder has some talent and was left talent. hasn't done much with them. maybe he should think about the beach now and let another coach lead antioch to the state.

Yeah, He has developed this team for two years. Kind of like Tubby won Championship with Patinos kids. Not done much with them ? Alot of people know the name Antioch from across the State that never heard of them.

QUOTE(cornbreadearl @ Mar 27 2007 - 04:19 PM) 826424174[/snapback]Evidently, some of you guys don't have a clue. Crowder is a personal friend of mine and I have been following him for over 20 years. First, He started a program from scratch at Bristol College, Where in the first year he beat all the TVAC schools at least once including Carson Newman When they were raniked in the top 10 NAIA. He did win the Small college National Championship that year. He then won the State as a Junior College coach in Arizona also started that program. Then Won a highschool State Championship. He goes to Rhea where he took the same team from the year before that won 9 games and went to the substate beating number 2 Chattanooga Brainard, very little talent. Now, Antioch which has two winning seasons in the past 20 years and has won over 50 gamesin two years time. So, wouldn't you take a 12,000 dollar raise to leave a team where you won over 90 games in four years. He has nothing else to prove. Get your facts straight before you comment on a coach.

I know more about the talent at Rhea Co. his last year than you think. To say that team did not have talent is ridiculous. The same talent as the year before, huh? Tim Cooper played at Cleveland the year before and he was a HUGE reason they won as much as they did. He beat Oakland on the road in the Substate game all by himself. He was incredible. What about Floyd, was he on the team the year before? Nope. Zach played college basketball and holds the school record for career points. Yeah, you are right...that team had very little talent. Ridiculous....

QUOTE(therickbol @ Mar 29 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826425834[/snapback]I know more about the talent at Rhea Co. his last year than you think. To say that team did not have talent is ridiculous. The same talent as the year before, huh? Tim Cooper played at Cleveland the year before and he was a HUGE reason they won as much as they did. He beat Oakland on the road in the Substate game all by himself. He was incredible. What about Floyd, was he on the team the year before? Nope. Zach played college basketball and holds the school record for career points. Yeah, you are right...that team had very little talent. Ridiculous....

First of all, I didnt even mention that State Tourny team in my last post with Cooper etc. Secondly, that was not his last year at Rhea. I guess they don't teach you to read very well in Rhea County.

Apparently I said that was the team his last year somewhere, my fault, I did not mean his last year. I meant the year he had great success. It was with lots of talent. You said it was "with the same players" and I was pointing out that you were incorrect. His great success at Rhea Co. was due in large part to adding an influx of new talent with Cooper and Floyd. That was the only point I made. And, his teams at Antioch this past season has great talent. That was the only point I made.

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:22 AM) 826408772[/snapback]I don't believe that leave is the issue. I think the issue is "forced to leave". The people at science hill are getting unhappy about not making it to the state tournament. So therefore Cutlip would be looking for a way out. If he does not find a way then he would be forced out.

I think that Bill Duncan from Greeneville would fit in really good at Science Hill. He would have unlimited access to the type of players that he wants to coach. The talent pool is pretty dry at Greeneville, so who knows, he might just want to leave.

Billy Duncan is not an option at Science Hill as long as administration stays the same. Anything less than the state tournament is considered a failure there. But with the group of sophomores, along with an 8th grade team that won the Eastern Sectional for the first time in school history, there will not be a shortage of talent for whoever the coach is.

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Apr 6 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826431315[/snapback]Cutlip will coach next season, but look for it to be his last on the hill. There will be alot of coaching changes across the state next year and he will go somewhere. Interesting who will be in the running for this job when he leaves

That would be a great job for Charlie Morgan.........Hopefully