best player

bc24

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Mar 12 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826409399[/snapback]Ashley was a tremendous player and a fine person that accomplished great things but don't make that stretch. Kayla is going to a great program where she'll get an opprotunity to play one day as Union routinely is a top 5 NAIA program. I've seen plenty of A kids that can play with AAA kids. My only response was to the statement that she was the best player in the state. I guarantee she hasn't seen the likes of Glory Johnson in A ball.

Ashley didn't see Glory Johnson in A ball and she did just fine in the SEC. I can promise you there were a ton of coaches kicking themselves this week after watching the Kayla Hudson show.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:54 PM) 826409454[/snapback]Ashley didn't see Glory Johnson in A ball and she did just fine in the SEC. I can promise you there were a ton of coaches kicking themselves this week after watching the Kayla Hudson show.

The biggest smile in the gym belonged to one Coach Campbell......... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826409533[/snapback]The biggest smile in the gym belonged to one Coach Campbell......... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

He should have had a big smile, cause we all know she's not good enough to play at mighty D1 UTM!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:42 PM) 826409538[/snapback]He should have had a big smile, cause we all know she's not good enough to play at mighty D1 UTM!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Shame on you...you are an alumni from there!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I do know that one coach over at UTM wanted her.....did Kayla ever want to go there? That might be the better question...

I could go on for days about kids that were passed up by big time schools that go on and have great careers and get a great education. Popeye comes to mind from this area, I am sure I could name others, it doesn't really matter.

I AM SO TIRED OF READING (although I like to stir the pot myself sometime) ABOUT ASHLEY MC COMPARED TO KAYLA HUDSON COMPARED TO THE WORLDS VIEW OF A TRUE POINT GUARD. Who cares about the past, Kayla Hudson has the gold ball, the Ms Basketball trophy, and the excitement of forever being a state champion. Who cares where she chooses to go to school. I guarantee you that she and her family is in the best position to make that choice, not the coachters of the world.

10 team...quit responding to these folks that stir it up, that is what they want you to do.....the GOLD BALL is in Gleason!!! That is all that matters. Also, glad to see a Martin boy get to be a part of it. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Man this is the most fun I've had in years!!! I try to keep my mouth shut most of the time but we have so many haters out there even from our area like sam jones, hater_nation, Mr bigster and tons more I just love stirring the pot a little myself!! I'm getting the biggest laugh out of all this EVER man!

And about Kayla and UTM, all I know is they never recruited her very much, almost like they were too good. She would maybe have had some interest but anyways. They should have had somebody at her games every legal opportunity they had and had letters and phone calls when they could because we both know she's better right now at 17 than anybody they've had there in 10 years. They wonder why nobody goes to any games over there, but i'm preaching to the choir because I know you know it all too well!

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826409988[/snapback]Man this is the most fun I've had in years!!! I try to keep my mouth shut most of the time but we have so many haters out there even from our area like sam jones, hater_nation, Mr bigster and tons more I just love stirring the pot a little myself!! I'm getting the biggest laugh out of all this EVER man!

And about Kayla and UTM, all I know is they never recruited her very much, almost like they were too good. She would maybe have had some interest but anyways. They should have had somebody at her games every legal opportunity they had and had letters and phone calls when they could because we both know she's better right now at 17 than anybody they've had there in 10 years. They wonder why nobody goes to any games over there, but i'm preaching to the choir because I know you know it all too well!

Well...We both know that UTM isn't tooooo good to recruit her. She could definately, in my opinion, be a great floor leader for them. It doesn't really matter, I have no doubt that she is happy with her decision, and certainly had the weekend of her life last weekend.

When you are on top, everyone guns at you....

Thats the truth! I think everyone in Gleason is happy with her decision. In women's basketball, if you go D1 but don't go to a top 25 program your setting yourself up to go to a team that gets their brains beat in most nights and play in empty gyms. At Union she will probably lose less than 15 or 20 games in the next 4 years, play in front of a packed house most nights, and Is 45 minutes from the house so the Gleason faithful can see her play. Her decison reflects back exactly on what type of player/person she is, a lot of kids with her talent would have rather went and got their brains beat in for 4 years in front of nobody and got to tell everyone the went "D1" but she would rather go somewhere that has a chance to compete everynight in front of her friends and family.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Mar 12 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826409399[/snapback]Ashley was a tremendous player and a fine person that accomplished great things but don't make that stretch. Kayla is going to a great program where she'll get an opprotunity to play one day as Union routinely is a top 5 NAIA program. I've seen plenty of A kids that can play with AAA kids. My only response was to the statement that she was the best player in the state. I guarantee she hasn't seen the likes of Glory Johnson in A ball.

NO, she probably hasn't seen players like her but she did play AAU ball against some of the best competition in the nation. She did very well on that stage as well.

QUOTE(noahlampkins @ Mar 13 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826410059[/snapback]NO, she probably hasn't seen players like her but she did play AAU ball against some of the best competition in the nation. She did very well on that stage as well.

Speaking of great guards let put one out who has the whole offensive package, can catch and shoot better than anyone in the state and probably second only [maybe- give her another year] to Bjorkland in the country, has the pull up jumper, the dribbling and passing skills, and the court instincts needed to play at the highest level. This is a girl recruited by Georgia[signed], Vanderbilt, NC State, Michigan State, and most likley 95% of the NCAA field. She not only is the best player in the state, she is one of the top players in the US.----ANGELA PULEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(krylon @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826411284[/snapback]Speaking of great guards let put one out who has the whole offensive package, can catch and shoot better than anyone in the state and probably second only [maybe- give her another year] to Bjorkland in the country, has the pull up jumper, the dribbling and passing skills, and the court instincts needed to play at the highest level. This is a girl recruited by Georgia[signed], Vanderbilt, NC State, Michigan State, and most likley 95% of the NCAA field. She not only is the best player in the state, she is one of the top players in the US.----ANGELA PULEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen them all play and Glory is the best hands down. She's already on a college level and could go anywhere and start D1. Angela and Kayla C. are next on the list. They are the ones that are gonna keep on improving. Kayla H really doesn't need to work on her free throws cuase we all know she's got them down pat. I don't think there is a player that great can be seperated from single A to triple A. You're either good or not it doesn't depend on the size of the school. I think bashing these girls is ridiculous, they're all good and one of them may be better at one thing and the other is better at the next. As for an all around player, just go watch Glory, cause she is the real deal otherwise the Pat wouldn't be watching her. I don't think that it matters that her son goes there either. I do agree that an all around player is what the D1 coaches are looking for. So for the ones that were left out on this post, I just mentioned the ones that were already mentioned. One person from one county will think that their best player is the best and vise versa, now just sit back from an outside point of view and then put it together and try to find the best, not just because thy are from your district. All of the girls have a great future ahead of them. I just hope that they can be great ladies and leaders for our future!!!! I didn't go to far on the exclamation pionts did I??

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(jimbo44 @ Mar 11 2007 - 03:28 AM) 826407844[/snapback]The best ball-handler, that I have seen in the last four or so years,

is Kayla Hudson/Gleason. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />