Clarksville/Ridgeway article

DunkerDon

The link below is to an article which appeared in today's Clarksville Leaf Chronicle 3/12/07.

Ridgeway game

Not really much substance in the article itself but did reveal that the Wildcats are practicing hard and physical.

Whatever the outcome I just hope Austin Peay can continue it's pipeline with Ridgeway players! Channels and Fields are going to be outstanding by the time they are Seniors and Coach Henning's son, Adriane, was a stud in his four years as a Governor. Received the nickname, "The Stallion."

Any more articles about the Clarksville/Ridgeway game I come across I will post them in this thread. Surely there has got to be some Ridgeway fans onboard at CoachT's.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:34 AM) 826408712[/snapback]The link below is to an article which appeared in today's Clarksville Leaf Chronicle 3/12/07.

Ridgeway game

Not really much substance in the article itself but did reveal that the Wildcats are practicing hard and physical.

Whatever the outcome I just hope Austin Peay can continue it's pipeline with Ridgeway players! Channels and Fields are going to be outstanding by the time they are Seniors and Coach Henning's son, Adriane, was a stud in his four years as a Governor. Received the nickname, "The Stallion."

Any more articles about the Clarksville/Ridgeway game I come across I will post them in this thread. Surely there has got to be some Ridgeway fans onboard at CoachT's.

not acutally a Ridgeway fan but am from west tenn and have seen Ridgeway play/win 2 state tourneys..look for them to slow down your WILDCATS FasT Paced game to a Snails crawl /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(War Eagles @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826409202[/snapback]Ridegway is too much for Clarksville imo. Yea Clarksville does have Caldwell, but Harper and other guys are going to have to step up. Clarksville doesn't have any quality depth at all. I'm predicting Ridgeway by 15.

And what reasons do you have not to believe that the other guys wont step up? Dont get me wrong, I know ridgeway is a load of a team with thier athletes but you make it sound like Clarksville backed into a state tournament berth. Anyone that knows basketball know that you dont back into championship games and state tournament berths. They had to go through 4 of middle TNs top teams.

However you may be right, Clarksville could lose by 15. But I think they're more competitive overall as a team than that to get beat by that much..BUT WHO KNOWS??

QUOTE(mocs30 @ Mar 13 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826410563[/snapback]I like how Clarksville's coach has already given a victory to Oakland over Powell. I hope we get the chance to make him eat those words.

Yeah, I noticed how that was clearly implied when talking about how he thought his team was in the toughest bracket. If the Cats win over Ridgeway then they will have a tough Oakland team awaiting them in the second round but Oakland and Powell have not yet played.

QUOTE(War Eagles @ Mar 12 2007 - 02:31 PM) 826409202[/snapback]Ridegway is too much for Clarksville imo. Yea Clarksville does have Caldwell, but Harper and other guys are going to have to step up. Clarksville doesn't have any quality depth at all. I'm predicting Ridgeway by 15.

Come back after tonight and tell us what happened.

Here is a site to listen to the game for those who want it. 7pm cst.

http://www.wjzm.com/

Don't be fooled by the team's records, this game is much more evenly matched than it appears. This game has a couple of simple issues. No offense to Clarksville, but Ridgeway will have better athletes. Great athletes don't always win games though.

No disrespect to Coach Young, but Wes Henning has played a few games in the Murphy Center. He has an 11-1 record in the Glass House. Winning a ball everytime, 3 championships, and 1 runner-up. This team is much different than many he has had in the past. They are not the best TEAM he has had, but they have outstanding athletes. Henning knows how to get a team prepared for the tourney, it is a matter of how well this group listens. You have a group of seniors that were on the 2005 State Championship team, and a group of juniors that were either part of the team that traveled to Murfreesboro, or was around.

If Ridgeway is to win, they need to play as TEAM, stick with the basics and try not to win the game as an individual. When things go bad, they can get frustrated, and not play their best basketball. If this team is focused, and playing TEAM ball with an unselfish attitude, watch out cause Ridgeway will get its 4th title in 7 years.

If Clarksville is to win, they must play smart, jump out on the Roadrunners, and get them frustrated. Make Ridgeway be patient on both ends of the floor. Don't get rattled by the runs Ridgeway will make.