Elizabethton Lady Cyclones

coachh17

We played last weekend at the NFS tournament in Unicoi. Friday we beat Volunteer pretty good and lost to Morristown East 1-0. Saturday we won against Happy Valley and Sullivan South but lost to Cherokee to play for the championship 2-1 in extra innings. Had games scheduled this past week but rescheduled them due to spring break. We play Sullivan East tomorrow, Hampton Tuesday, and Volunteer Wed if nothing has changed. =)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EHSFAITHFUL @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:36 PM) 826420627[/snapback]Jaws,

Yes, Mary is in her senior year and doing really well. She pitched a great game against West Greene at the first of the week and she's been killing the ball, especially for her size. She's been playing mostly outfield because of her speed but is also an excellent 2nd baseman and shortstop.

GO CYCLONES!!

Don't just be proud, be thankful!

One of the very best in our area. She can play college ball.

QUOTE(jeanne @ Apr 1 2007 - 03:36 PM) 826427616[/snapback]We played last weekend at the NFS tournament in Unicoi. Friday we beat Volunteer pretty good and lost to Morristown East 1-0. Saturday we won against Happy Valley and Sullivan South but lost to Cherokee to play for the championship 2-1 in extra innings. Had games scheduled this past week but rescheduled them due to spring break. We play Sullivan East tomorrow, Hampton Tuesday, and Volunteer Wed if nothing has changed. =)

I'm just curious. Did the Cyclones not play or practice all week?

Coachh lets just say that the weather was an indication of how the game went------cold, windy and rainy.

11-1 Unicoi. Devils hit all three cyclone pitchers pretty hard. Cyclones need to regroup. The conference title is still there for the taking if they beat the devils at EHS since EHS swept So Greene and Unicoi lost once to them.

I noticed in the paper today that Coach Hardin took blame for the loss to Unicoi saying that he didn't have his team ready to play. I think that's probably an understatement. While Eliz. was off on spring break practicing only one time, Unicoi was out playing one of the toughest schedules they've ever played & facing some of the best pitching in the state of TN. It's the same old story in my opinion. Eliz. has the athletic ability to compete with anyone - including Unicoi - but Unicoi has the dedication to the sport. They are more willing to work & sacrifice to get the job done. Even though I am an Eliz. graduate & would love to see the Lady Cyclones take this away from Unicoi, right now at least, the advantage belongs to Unicoi.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826435435[/snapback]Coachh lets just say that the weather was an indication of how the game went------cold, windy and rainy.

11-1 Unicoi. Devils hit all three cyclone pitchers pretty hard. Cyclones need to regroup. The conference title is still there for the taking if they beat the devils at EHS since EHS swept So Greene and Unicoi lost once to them.

I was at the Unicoi and EHS game and yes the weather was not in either teams hands but.. what is it that they are tought to do? learn to play in any situation? The conference is still up for grabs but once again i still think that Unicoi will take it all. But good luck to all teams*

QUOTE(softballfever @ Apr 23 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826443188[/snapback]I was at the Unicoi and EHS game and yes the weather was not in either teams hands but.. what is it that they are tought to do? learn to play in any situation? The conference is still up for grabs but once again i still think that Unicoi will take it all. But good luck to all teams*

I remember the days when EHS had trouble winning five games a year and now your in the conference hunt. I can also remember attending more than one Eastman tournament when EHS came away without a single win /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

My how quickly we forget how bad it use to be.

I believe if EHS wins 25 games this year they will have won 100 games over the past four years. I'll bet if someone could get the score books for ages past that you could not find 100 wins of all the previously years combined.

I have watched the three coaches before Hardin and except for Rick B. none gave their time, effort, and care like your current coach. The problem with EHS is they have more coaches in the stand than on the field!