New South Greene Girls Basketball Coach?

greenevillefan

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Mar 12 2007 - 05:24 PM) 826409361[/snapback]Have to agree with you there, PT. I've heard she's the real thang in Greene County.

You Go, Barb!

This may be a joke to you all but it's not to South Greene. There are some really good young players at South Greene and they need a good coach to come in and get the program back on track and I think Coach Chris Ricker can do that.

QUOTE(tide10bb @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:01 AM) 826409942[/snapback]This may be a joke to you all but it's not to South Greene. There are some really good young players at South Greene and they need a good coach to come in and get the program back on track and I think Coach Chris Ricker can do that.

When do they plan on making a decision? Are you sure that they want Chris to be their coach?

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826409943[/snapback]When do they plan on making a decision? Are you sure that they want Chris to be their coach?

WE want whats best for the our KIDS AND PROGRAM AND THAT IS WHAT THE PARENTS AND THE COMMUNITY WANTS. Nothing against anyone else who applies but we want what is best for our kids.

I have nothing to do with this situation, nor am I a person applying. But as a coach I do see this as a GREAT coaching opportunity, but I also see that some GREAT coaches out there might shy away from putting in their application because the way some people have voiced their opinion. I do not know Coach Chris Ricker, but I know how successful the former Coach Ricker was, and I am sure coaching is in the blood within that family.

I just suggest supporting a candidate, but realize there might be someone on the outside of this situation that could do a great job as well, bring in some fresh ideas, and might be more successful.

Why not allow this thread to talk about what qualities are needed in the coach, and what issues the new coach will have to deal with the most. That is doing what is best for the kids is finding the coach that can help these players improve their game and be good students, and citizens within the school and community.

South Greene, I know you will find a great coach. Best of luck to your players, parents, administration, and most of all the person that lands this job. Many championships should follow.

QUOTE(westtnbballer @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826410273[/snapback]I have nothing to do with this situation, nor am I a person applying. But as a coach I do see this as a GREAT coaching opportunity, but I also see that some GREAT coaches out there might shy away from putting in their application because the way some people have voiced their opinion. I do not know Coach Chris Ricker, but I know how successful the former Coach Ricker was, and I am sure coaching is in the blood within that family.

I just suggest supporting a candidate, but realize thete might be someone on the outside of this situation that could do a great job as well, bring in some fresh ideas, and might be more successful.

Why not allow this thread to talk about what qualities are needed in the coach, and what issues the new coach will have to deal with the most. That is doing what is best for the kids is finding the coach that can help these players improve their game and be good students, and citizens within the school and community.

South Greene, I know you will find a great coach. Best of luck to your players, parents, administration, and most of all the person that lands this job. Many championships should follow.

Thanks so much. I hope everyone who really loves the game will pray that we get the right Coach.

QUOTE(tide10bb @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:01 AM) 826409942[/snapback]This may be a joke to you all but it's not to South Greene. There are some really good young players at South Greene and they need a good coach to come in and get the program back on track and I think Coach Chris Ricker can do that.

It's certainly no joking matter, tide; our little winks and nods to "barb" were meant to be harmless.

As for the first Coach Ricker, I think he's that big, bruising fullback on the 1972 team. He was a load!; a very talented and competitive athlete.

As for candidates, I've been told that they're taking a very close look at a someone from outside Greene County; someone well to the east.

Good Luck!