Temple

fargen01

Farmboy I agree with you. I know that if i were looking to go somewhere if I were real good then I wouldn't go to Temple. That being said, if you were completely unhappy at a big school and you wanted to be a star you would go to Temple. Especially if you want some big numbers. When i talk to people around the city lots of people do know Temple, not for good football, but a offense that puts up big numbers. But I still wouldn't go there just because if you are good to ok you won't get a look because of the competition. A a good situation is hard to find at a big school with lots of politics and probably starting spots already filled. TNT if you can't make sense of what I am saying I'm sorry. I will let you continue to look for something wrong in what I'm saying.

Nice try on who I am farmboy:)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're really just being stubborn. You could pick up the paper from years past -- hey they even get Chattanooga paper in Dalton. look at the football stats and see Temple lead the passing yards for a few years or maybe his family friends, the Wallace's, mentioned Temple athletics AFTER the Larson's inquired about the school or maybe he just got lucky, to be honest I don't care how that happened because i know that it wasn't any coach or booster going to the Larson's who they just happened to know played QB in Florida and was like hey , we need a QB, come transfer. Actually, if Erik showed interest in the school, by that i mean calling administrator and asking questions about school, then Erik could even call the coach and ask about the program, the coach could then tell him all he wanted to know about the program and that would not be undue influence. I'm pretty sure that was not necessary but none the less that could happen and no doubt does. But continue to Assume TNT.

'xcrusader' you are totally wrong about the coaches being able to talk to the kids just by calling the administrator first. The coaches cannot talk to a kid until the perspective student has come to the school for a tour that must begiven by the administrator not a coach. If a kid or a parent calls a coach before he has come through the administrator and that coach doesn't tell that kid or parent that he cannot talk to them than he is in viloation of the rules. You do not have enough experience about the rules I have the rule book in front of me.

All of this stuff isn't new guys. Stuff like this has been posted on these boards for years. That said, shady stuff has been going on at temple for years. Stuff like parents of athletes getting jobs at the school, random athletes popping up from out of area to play football, a basketball player becoming a boarding student. Students (including athletes) getting a scholarship to the University for attending the high school (which is a clear advantage public schools dont have.) Even Temple people have to admit some of this stuff looks ugly. And then anyone who visits the campus would wonder why anyone would ever want to go to school there.

We will have to see what happens with the new stuff. A letter to the TSSAA (which I did verify was sent by CSAS) is one step farther than any of the other stuff from the past. If they have cheated (which i may have my own opinion about) I hope they get busted and kicked out of TSSAA. If they didnt cheat we should give them tons of credit from winning with very few resources.

R&W -- that is a post i can respect. You didn't make accusations -- you just said stuff was fishy which i agree with. I understand every complaint. I try to look at it from an outsiders viewpoint. I am not saying that illegal stuff has went on, i just KNOW it did not go on while i was in school. Kicked out would be extreme if just the CSAS thing, maybe not, but i hope those involved get punished. I am very upset with those people because they have caused all this, me having to come defend my era. They have tainted the whole program. I think this is a result of some very poor decisions by the leaders at Temple.

We will have to see what happens with the new stuff. A letter to the TSSAA (which I did verify was sent by CSAS) is one step farther than any of the other stuff from the past. If they have cheated (which i may have my own opinion about) I hope they get busted and kicked out of TSSAA. If they didnt cheat we should give them tons of credit from winning with very few resources.

IF the CSAS complaint is the only problem and IF found guilty by the TSSAA I would say that getting kicked out is not likely. It's not a hanging offense. He are some possible penalties from the TSSAA handbook.

Some examples of disciplinary action are, but not limited to, the following:

(1) Probation to an individual sport in an athletic program shall result in a fine of $500.00 annually.

(2) Probation to a total athletic program shall result in a fine of $1,000.00 annually.

(3) Restrictive probation to an individual sport in an athletic program shall result in removal from the tournament series and a fine of $1,000.00 annually.

(4) Restrictive probation to a total athletic program shall result in removal from the tournament series in all sports and a fine of $2,000.00 annually.

(5) Suspension of an individual sport from participation or the total athletic program from participation.

All of this stuff isn't new guys. Stuff like this has been posted on these boards for years. That said, shady stuff has been going on at temple for years. Stuff like parents of athletes getting jobs at the school, random athletes popping up from out of area to play football, a basketball player becoming a boarding student. Students (including athletes) getting a scholarship to the University for attending the high school (which is a clear advantage public schools dont have.) Even Temple people have to admit some of this stuff looks ugly. And then anyone who visits the campus would wonder why anyone would ever want to go to school there.

It is not an advantage for kids to get a scholarship to TTU- that university is a joke- they do not even have enough Dr. s teaching to be a legitamate university- their education is WHAT IS WRONG with the educational system in america- if you go to that school and actually try to get a real job that requires an undergraduate degree- people just laugh at you- a kid who was way younger than me tried to get a job teaching and coaching at a high school and the high school made him retake all of his classes for his business major- another guy a know tried to get into a graduate program and had to go to UTC to retake all the classes for his major and then get his degree from UTC.....that he77 (flip the 7's) hole is a joke and not an advantage to anyone- especially the people that go there....

The TSSAA will look for a pattern of abuse if it is there and a lack of institutional control (which is probably why the football coach was fired). Stuff that may or may not have happened prior to this year would be the key to serious punishment, although what has been alleged is very serious by itself.

Quickly firing the coach doesn't show lack of control....actually the opposite.