Temple

fargen01

Just for the record,

xcrusader has the most accurate understanding of the whole Kameron/Erik scenario. Erik's family has had close ties to the Temple organization for years, before Erik was even born. It is a no brainer for them to know about what is happening around the school, especially since Erik regularly attended the basketball camps. Honestly, anyone who lives in Chattanooga and reads the paper or watches the news knows about Temple and the Skogens. Temple had football for four years. Their first two years of playoff eligibility saw them in the playoffs, so, to say that it was a one year wonder is a misstatement. There will be some people who are surprised this year with how well Temple does.

One thing xcrusader failed to mention is that there were other kids who came and took a serious look at Temple from North Georgia schools last Spring and Chastain was very involved in them coming. Also, Chastain was "influential" in Ridley and Larson's transfer. If there was a violation, though, I can assure you that the red faced, spitting mad Georgia coaches would have found it and reported it.

Chastain was dismissed for a mulitple of reasons, mostly political. We will all be scratching our heads for some time to come, trying to figure out all the pieces. Chastain's dismissal was not so much about recruiting as it was about the political posturing of others trying to hang on to a position and the die fell the wrong way for the coach. Truthfully, Chastain was a train wreck looking for a place to happen. His dismissal was an inevitable event but the real shocker is not that he was dismissed but that he was hired. Figure that one out.

Has anyone on here bothered to ask the question of what grade the CSAS kids were in? Does anyone on here know that Scott has sworn affidavits that clear his name of any wrongdoing? What does it mean that Ronnie Carter supposedly said that the supposed letter from CSAS was the "most professional" letter he ever received? Would it mean about as much if he had said that was the pretties letterhead anyone has ever sent me a note on?

The truth is that we believe what we want to believe and whatever anyone ever says is always heard through our tinted filters. If we want to believe that Temple is crooked and recruits players illegally there really is not anything anyone says that is going to change anyone's mind because we have already decided what the truth is even before we ever had a chance to hear it. We like believing the worst about people. We love rumors. We love gossip. Our heart starts beating faster at the very prospect of some juicy piece of information. We like it when someone else falls and sometimes, if we can do it without anyone seeing us, we trip the person just so we can giggle about it.

If someone wants to believe the best about someone we think that they just really don't know what is going on. They are ignorant. They are naive. We feel sorry for them because they do not know the "truth."

There is so much of the truth we will never hear and it could drive a person crazy trying to figure it all out. Anywhere people are involved, the situation will always be messy.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record,

xcrusader has the most accurate understanding of the whole Kameron/Erik scenario. Erik's family has had close ties to the Temple organization for years, before Erik was even born. It is a no brainer for them to know about what is happening around the school, especially since Erik regularly attended the basketball camps. Honestly, anyone who lives in Chattanooga and reads the paper or watches the news knows about Temple and the Skogens. Temple had football for four years. Their first two years of playoff eligibility saw them in the playoffs, so, to say that it was a one year wonder is a misstatement. There will be some people who are surprised this year with how well Temple does.

One thing xcrusader failed to mention is that there were other kids who came and took a serious look at Temple from North Georgia schools last Spring and Chastain was very involved in them coming. Also, Chastain was "influential" in Ridley and Larson's transfer. If there was a violation, though, I can assure you that the red faced, spitting mad Georgia coaches would have found it and reported it.

Chastain was dismissed for a mulitple of reasons, mostly political. We will all be scratching our heads for some time to come, trying to figure out all the pieces. Chastain's dismissal was not so much about recruiting as it was about the political posturing of others trying to hang on to a position and the die fell the wrong way for the coach. Truthfully, Chastain was a train wreck looking for a place to happen. His dismissal was an inevitable event but the real shocker is not that he was dismissed but that he was hired. Figure that one out.

Has anyone on here bothered to ask the question of what grade the CSAS kids were in? Does anyone on here know that Scott has sworn affidavits that clear his name of any wrongdoing? What does it mean that Ronnie Carter supposedly said that the supposed letter from CSAS was the "most professional" letter he ever received? Would it mean about as much if he had said that was the pretties letterhead anyone has ever sent me a note on?

The truth is that we believe what we want to believe and whatever anyone ever says is always heard through our tinted filters. If we want to believe that Temple is crooked and recruits players illegally there really is not anything anyone says that is going to change anyone's mind because we have already decided what the truth is even before we ever had a chance to hear it. We like believing the worst about people. We love rumors. We love gossip. Our heart starts beating faster at the very prospect of some juicy piece of information. We like it when someone else falls and sometimes, if we can do it without anyone seeing us, we trip the person just so we can giggle about it.

If someone wants to believe the best about someone we think that they just really don't know what is going on. They are ignorant. They are naive. We feel sorry for them because they do not know the "truth."

There is so much of the truth we will never hear and it could drive a person crazy trying to figure it all out. Anywhere people are involved, the situation will always be messy.

Pasture if your right than Temple has nothing to worry about, but if you turn out to be wrong I wonder if you will come back and say you were wrong.

I will say the same way if someone wants to beleive the best they will beleive the best no matter what the evidence is

Now about the letter it meant that the person who wrote the letter had all of his ducks in a row.

I would like to ask you what do you mean when you said that Chastain dismissal was not so much about recruiting? It sounds like you are saying that was only part of it. Recruiting is recruiting if only it is just a little.

The statement you made did anyone stop to question what grade the CSAS kids were in, shows you don't know what the TSSAA hand book says. It doesn't matter what grade their in.

Let's don't forget that there are a lot of single a teams winning state titles and making it to the playoffs without Skogens. Temple will have a successful football program because there is an unquestionable vision on the part of Scott Chastain to make it happen.

Pasture, I guess you are saying now that you were wrong in your assessment since you are saying he should never have been hired after predicting great success based on his "vision" when Temple hired him!

Just for the record,

Pasture if your right than Temple has nothing to worry about, but if you turn out to be wrong I wonder if you will come back and say you were wrong.

I will say the same way if someone wants to beleive the best they will beleive the best no matter what the evidence is

Now about the letter it meant that the person who wrote the letter had all of his ducks in a row.

I would like to ask you what do you mean when you said that Chastain dismissal was not so much about recruiting? It sounds like you are saying that was only part of it. Recruiting is recruiting if only it is just a little.

The statement you made did anyone stop to question what grade the CSAS kids were in, shows you don't know what the TSSAA hand book says. It doesn't matter what grade their in.

(You have my attention!)

Just for the record,

What do these affadavits say? That these kids just walked through Highland Park one day and asked if they could practice with the team?

Just for the record,

Where there is smoke there is usually fire. And there has been "smoke" around Temple athletics for years. Would you be surprised if these rumors/accusations are true and Temple gets some sort of punishment from the TSSAA?

Where there is smoke there is usually fire. And there has been "smoke" around Temple athletics for years. Would you be surprised if these rumors/accusations are true and Temple gets some sort of punishment from the TSSAA?

It seems like that is what a lot of you are hoping for.

I for one am not hoping for anything except for the rules to be enforced and for those who break them to be punished accordingly. To think that this is all about Temple is rediculous. If poor decisions, etc. had not been made by several different people then we would not even be talking about this. If it was another school with another name with the same things being said, it would still be a discussion topic on coacht.

No, I hope that if Temple cheated they get caught, if they didn't nothing happens.

I can see why you want to defend your school and I would probably do the same thing, but here is where I am coming from and I think many people share this same idea. Maybe this will even help you guys understand where I and some other people on here are coming from.

It is not this one thing that makes me skeptical of Temple breaking any rules, its all of the other shady stuff that has happened over the last six or so years. If this was one isolated instance I would blow it off as just stupid people trying to start something up, but this stuff has been going on for a long time. You never hear about McCallie, Baylor, Grace, CCS, or Boyd recruiting do you? No it ALWAYS seems to be Temple. Does that means Temple does it? No, but it causes me to be VERY cynical when I hear another story about Temple breaking some rules. This stuff goes all the way back to the begining of the Skogan/Wadley era. This is not new stuff. I would love to discuss some of the stuff with some of you guys personally, but I dont want to air some dirty laundry that may or may not be true over the web.

It is not this one thing that makes me skeptical of Temple breaking any rules, its all of the other shady stuff that has happened over the last six or so years. If this was one isolated instance I would blow it off as just stupid people trying to start something up, but this stuff has been going on for a long time.

If it's truly been going on for such a long time don't you think the TSSAA would have done something by now?