Clarksville & Oakland

Golfendude

Guest dare_2_dream

QUOTE(star_gazer @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:16 PM) 826415554[/snapback]Great game! Best I've seen in the glass house including our own Mtsu. Oakland is by far the best Murfreesboro team

we have had in years. Yes I said years!! That includes my own Siegel stars. Enjoyed this entire basketball season!

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> this isnt even Oaklands best team in the past few years ...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826416246[/snapback]What would you know......you haven't seen them play in mths. The people on here HAVE. Over and over.

Because I have seen other Oakland teams play, along with this one. They have had a lot more talent in previous years, lots more. Devin Boyd was the best player to come from Oakland, talent wise in the past few years.

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826416234[/snapback]/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> this isnt even Oaklands best team in the past few years ...

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826416249[/snapback]Because I have seen other Oakland teams play, along with this one. They have had a lot more talent in previous years, lots more. Devin Boyd was the best player to come from Oakland, talent wise in the past few years.

d2d you know I like ya, but this is the best Oakland team in a decade. Maybe not the most talented, but the most well rounded team with all the ingredients needed to compete for a championship. Devin and that group were great players, but you cant say they were better when they couldnt even make state but this Oakland team made the final four and displayed the best effort Ive ever seen out of a Oakland team in coming back.

As for those that are accussing Chaisson of being selfish, your comparing one game out of a 35 game season, look at what he has done over the season, the man was barely averaging 20 ppg, Chaisson had plenty of moments where he could have inflated his average, but it was always team goals above everything else.

Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I mad? No. No matter how good you are, the final 4 is a tremendous accomplishment and should be treated as such, I know the guys are down right now, but they'll look and remember the good times. Instead of looking forward to next year, I encourage all Oakland folks to enjoy this season, because Seasons like these dont come around often, even for Oakland

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:05 PM) 826416324[/snapback]d2d you know I like ya, but this is the best Oakland team in a decade. Maybe not the most talented, but the most well rounded team with all the ingredients needed to compete for a championship. Devin and that group were great players, but you cant say they were better when they couldnt even make state but this Oakland team made the final four and displayed the best effort Ive ever seen out of a Oakland team in coming back.

As for those that are accussing Chaisson of being selfish, your comparing one game out of a 35 game season, look at what he has done over the season, the man was barely averaging 20 ppg, Chaisson had plenty of moments where he could have inflated his average, but it was always team goals above everything else.

Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I mad? No. No matter how good you are, the final 4 is a tremendous accomplishment and should be treated as such, I know the guys are down right now, but they'll look and remember the good times. Instead of looking forward to next year, I encourage all Oakland folks to enjoy this season, because Seasons like these dont come around often, even for Oakland

I wouldn't be upset or dissapointed in the slightest way if I were an Oakland fan. The Oakland CHS game was the true championship in my eyes. Maryville should be treating Oakland to a steak dinner for wearing CHS down the night before. Man I wish there was a day between each game.

QUOTE(UPSGregg @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:58 PM) 826416373[/snapback]I wouldn't be upset or dissapointed in the slightest way if I were an Oakland fan. The Oakland CHS game was the true championship in my eyes. Maryville should be treating Oakland to a steak dinner for wearing CHS down the night before. Man I wish there was a day between each game.

Playing 5 OTS in 24 hrs takes a toll for sure.

QUOTE(UPSGregg @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826416373[/snapback]I wouldn't be upset or dissapointed in the slightest way if I were an Oakland fan. The Oakland CHS game was the true championship in my eyes. Maryville should be treating Oakland to a steak dinner for wearing CHS down the night before. Man I wish there was a day between each game.

UPSGregg, what a ridiculous comment!! You lost. Get over it!!!!!

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826416234[/snapback]/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> this isnt even Oaklands best team in the past few years ...

Dude, seriously, you are crazy.

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826416249[/snapback]Because I have seen other Oakland teams play, along with this one. They have had a lot more talent in previous years, lots more. Devin Boyd was the best player to come from Oakland, talent wise in the past few years.

Devin Boyd wasn't nearly as good as Chassion Allen, no doubt about it. Chassion Allen is the best player to come through there in a long long time....I had this conversation with someone the other day, I feel he's one of the best to ever play at OHS, and Devin's name wasn't even mentioned. Devin was a good high school basketball player, but not in the same class as Allen.

QUOTE(23hoops @ Mar 18 2007 - 05:23 PM) 826416548[/snapback]UPSGregg, what a ridiculous comment!! You lost. Get over it!!!!!

Oh I was over it before it happened. I didn't really expect CHS to come out firing on all cylinders after what they went through the night before. Anyone that has ever watched baskebtall, or any sport for that matter, in their lifetime probably felt the same way. And you say it's rediculous? To pretend that the game against Oakland didn't have a huge impact on their performance against Maryville is just plain ignorant. Don't get it twisted. I'm actually glad Maryville won (outside the fact they beat my school of course) because Maryville is like a second home for me. I like their style of play. It's the way basketball was meant to be played. "Pass, shoot, score." However, I can't ignore the fact that CHS would have most likely beaten Maryville if they hadn't been worn out from the night before. In another thread I acknowledge the fact that Maryville deserved the title so calm down.

d2d, can you ever give credit where credit is do? Do you always have to be jealous of Oakland?

I'm not even an Oakland fan but I have eyes in my head. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I have lived in the boro for 15 years and yes, this team is one of the best I've seen.