Liberty can be consider among the great teams?

STUNNAH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Liberty/JCM on a great year. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Seriously there have been teams with better players, but what made them so good was the way they played as a team. Total unselfishness and total team play. That comes from very good coaching. It`s not often you see a team just totally dominate all the way through post season like this team did.

QUOTE(poptart23 @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826415876[/snapback]congrats to the crusaders on the repeat!

they played some great basketball and i sure am gonna hate to see this senior class go

they made history for basketball in jackson and earned respect all over the nation

congrats to Liberty!

Congrats to Liberty!!!!! best high school team I've ever seen...its unbelievable how quick those guys were...Anthony Sampson, shortest guy on the floor, were rebounding against Mitchel's post players and dribbled out of TRIPLE teams...that goes to show alot of heart in 1 player and you could just tell how hard they played that they expected nothing other than a state championship....got to see a little bit of Liberty's team from next year....they were still playing with Mitchel's starters...I honestly look for Liberty to be back at the AA state tournaments next year but maybe not winning it....anyways GOOD LUCK to the seniors on Liberty's team and CONGRATS to Dexter and the Crusaders!!!!

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:13 PM) 826415890[/snapback]Congrats to Liberty!!!!! best high school team I've ever seen...its unbelievable how quick those guys were...Anthony Sampson, shortest guy on the floor, were rebounding against Mitchel's post players and dribbled out of TRIPLE teams...that goes to show alot of heart in 1 player and you could just tell how hard they played that they expected nothing other than a state championship....got to see a little bit of Liberty's team from next year....they were still playing with Mitchel's starters...I honestly look for Liberty to be back at the AA state tournaments next year but maybe not winning it....anyways GOOD LUCK to the seniors on Liberty's team and CONGRATS to Dexter and the Crusaders!!!!

Its AAA next year

I may be able to roll with that there haven't been any real wes TN teams in at least 14 years.

I do believe that Northsides team of 96' had a chance if they had a better coach. But from Fayett ware to Hardin co. area,

Liberty could possible be the best team to come through here (in the west) from 95 to 2007. No doubt.

I think Liberty is a good team and the coaches did an excellent job of preparing their team. HOWEVER, if the school is allowed to pull kids from across the county THEY SHOULD BE GOOD. I see that most are comparing this team to some of the Memphis teams and talking about how they "handled" Mitchell in the championship. Memphis has over 40 high schools in the city and the talent is sped out. Can you imagine what will happen if some of these teams had the advantage of Liberty to get the students they want. At BTW, 99% of our kids WALK to school, they are attending the school inwhich they are assigned and we still compete in all sports. Please don't think I am taking anything away from Liberty just wondering about the rules.

QUOTE(smckinney @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826416309[/snapback]I think Liberty is a good team and the coaches did an excellent job of preparing their team. HOWEVER, if the school is allowed to pull kids from across the county THEY SHOULD BE GOOD. I see that most are comparing this team to some of the Memphis teams and talking about how they "handled" Mitchell in the championship. Memphis has over 40 high schools in the city and the talent is sped out. Can you imagine what will happen if some of these teams had the advantage of Liberty to get the students they want. At BTW, 99% of our kids WALK to school, they are attending the school inwhich they are assigned and we still compete in all sports. Please don't think I am taking anything away from Liberty just wondering about the rules.

you don't know what you're talking about...Quit trying to justify Liberty's success by saying that they have the edge...they do it great coaching

and team work..these 7 seniors been at Liberty since they were freshmen...and no one knows the future.

QUOTE(smckinney @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826416309[/snapback]I think Liberty is a good team and the coaches did an excellent job of preparing their team. HOWEVER, if the school is allowed to pull kids from across the county THEY SHOULD BE GOOD. I see that most are comparing this team to some of the Memphis teams and talking about how they "handled" Mitchell in the championship. Memphis has over 40 high schools in the city and the talent is sped out. Can you imagine what will happen if some of these teams had the advantage of Liberty to get the students they want. At BTW, 99% of our kids WALK to school, they are attending the school inwhich they are assigned and we still compete in all sports. Please don't think I am taking anything away from Liberty just wondering about the rules.

Your just saying that crap to get something started....because I know you can't be that ignorant and still have the intelligence to be able to spell, type, form sentences, etc....

Where do you get your information from?

Liberty does not "pull kids from across the country." If they do....which ones are they?

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:59 PM) 826416376[/snapback]Your just saying that crap to get something started....because I know you can't be that ignorant and still have the intelligence to be able to spell, type, form sentences, etc....

Where do you get your information from?

Liberty does not "pull kids from across the country." If they do....which ones are they?

I think he said "county".