Josh Sain

BIGWEBB

Heard on another message board that Josh wants to sign with a bigger school. He definitely has the body and potential to be a big time 3 at the next level. Supposedly Bama is pretty high on him. anybody know anything else? Also does anybody know anything about where Devon Jones may end up playing ball next year?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826418931[/snapback]The topic is basketball, not family life. So that means none of your business. I will post another Liberty thread to give you more work to do. Mr. Moderator. Who's recruiting Josh Sain? Not where does his brother live.

EXACTLY! PEOPLE KILL ME DIPPING INTO THESE KIDS FAMILY LIVES! STOP BEING SO NOSEY.WAY TO TELL THEM

NEBUTYN. AS FAR AS RECRUITING SAIN. COLLEGES COULD CARE LESS ABOUT MINOR FLAWS IN A 18 YEAR OLD'S

GAME, THEY LOOK AT POTENTIAL, KNOWLEGED OF THE GAME, AND IF HE CAN BE COACHED. I SAT BESIDE THE ALABAMA

SCOUT AND HIS COMMENT WAS JUST A SCORING GUARD. HE HAD HIS EYE ON LIBERTY AND THE KID FROM DYER COUNTY

BEACAUSE OF BLAKE'S AGE. IT WOULD NOT SUPRISE ME IF SAIN GOT THAT OFFER BECAUSE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP NUMBERS. SAIN CAN PLAY AT SEVERAL D1 COLLEGES NO DOUBT.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 20 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826418838[/snapback]Grace...I think they are half brothers and just live in different places. Someone from Liberty can correct me if I`m wrong instead of acting like it`s some huge secret.

Gosh....I think they are half brothers and just live in different places. Someone from Liberty can correct me if I'm wrong since it seems so "fishy" to some on here. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think Josh Sain would do as good if not better than Wayne Chism at Tennessee....if given the opportunity. Wayne wouldn't be there if it weren't for Buzz. Don't get me wrong...I think Wayne is doing a fine job.....and I'm very proud to have known him. Josh and Devon both are excellant players with very much potential.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 21 2007 - 05:24 PM) 826419643[/snapback]Gosh....I think they are half brothers and just live in different places. Someone from Liberty can correct me if I'm wrong since it seems so "fishy" to some on here. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think Josh Sain would do as good if not better than Wayne Chism at Tennessee....if given the opportunity. Wayne wouldn't be there if it weren't for Buzz. Don't get me wrong...I think Wayne is doing a fine job.....and I'm very proud to have known him. Josh and Devon both are excellant players with very much potential.

I respect you a lot PA, but check yourself on that one. Buzz did recruit Wayne, but so did Pearl (and Stan Heath, Thad Matta, and Rick Stansbury). Pearl offered the entire starting five on Wayne's AAU team (Wayne, Willie, B. Powell, T. Young, and P. Niles).

As for Sain, yeah, he can play in the SEC. He would be just as successful and the other TN kids playing at UT, Miss. St., and Florida.

QUOTE(truhoopsfan @ Mar 21 2007 - 05:43 PM) 826419665[/snapback]I respect you a lot PA, but check yourself on that one. Buzz did recruit Wayne, but so did Pearl (and Stan Heath, Thad Matta, and Rick Stansbury). Pearl offered the entire starting five on Wayne's AAU team (Wayne, Willie, B. Powell, T. Young, and P. Niles).

As for Sain, yeah, he can play in the SEC. He would be just as successful and the other TN kids playing at UT, Miss. St., and Florida.

"Wouldn't be there" might be a little harsh.....but you know Buzz did start looking at him early on. I think you know as well as I do that West Tenn. players don't get much looks from the hill....that's just my opinion. I think that there a lot of players that if given a chance could do well at that level. Another thing.....what if Major hadn't got kicked out. I don't think Wayne would have gotten as much playing time.....which I think is great for Wayne. Says alot for District 12AA.....I think.......all these players are getting to play the crap out of each other....during the season. There good!!!! Look at where the gold ball keeps landing.......and I don't think it's too far fetched to say that Bolivar will contend again next year.

I know I went around the bush there a little....but maybe you see my point. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 21 2007 - 05:24 PM) 826419643[/snapback]I think Josh Sain would do as good if not better than Wayne Chism at Tennessee....if given the opportunity. Wayne wouldn't be there if it weren't for Buzz. Don't get me wrong...I think Wayne is doing a fine job.....and I'm very proud to have known him. Josh and Devon both are excellant players with very much potential.

Say Whaaaaatttttt???????

C'mon now the bias is supposed to SEAP thru not come down like Niagra Falls! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Big Wayne is 6'9" 240lbs can bang in the post with the nation's best (Joahkim Noah, Greg Oden, etc) and shoot the three. Josh Sain, though he does have potential, is maybe 6'6" 185lbs and has never shown any outside game when I've seen him play. Can he play at the SEC level? He'll definetley need a redshirt. By his junior or senior year, he probably can play and do a descent job. But, comparing him to Chism is really unfair at this time.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826419706[/snapback]Say Whaaaaatttttt???????

C'mon now the bias is supposed to SEAP thru not come down like Niagra Falls! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Big Wayne is 6'9" 240lbs can bang in the post with the nation's best (Joahkim Noah, Greg Oden, etc) and shoot the three. Josh Sain, though he does have potential, is maybe 6'6" 185lbs and has never shown any outside game when I've seen him play. Can he play at the SEC level? He'll definetley need a redshirt. By his junior or senior year, he probably can play and do a descent job. But, comparing him to Chism is really unfair at this time.

Bias?....was that showing? Sorry. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I wasn't neccessarily comparing Sain to Chism physically.....I'm just saying that Josh would do as good at what he (Sain) does. I know the size difference and have seen both play for several years now. I think Sain is in better condition, can handle the ball better, and has shown that he can take over the game when he needs to.....and also if your look at his game closely, you'll find that he puts up more points than anybody in the big games (games in Fla. for ex. )....playing up maybe? I agree he may need a redshirt....were as Wayne kinda walked into his opportunity. Again....I'm not putting down Wayne at all...he is laying like a mad man now....and this playing time will only help him in the future.

I hope Josh Sain gets the chance he desreves.

Sain has no outside game? Are you joking? Granted, he's not a constant deep threat, but he can knock down the three and is constantly improving his game. He is a definite D-I prospect.

To answer another question, he and Derek (at Humboldt) ARE half brothers and do not live in the same house (I have a good source here). Nothing fishy or illegal. Sniff somewhere else.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 21 2007 - 06:00 PM) 826419676[/snapback]"Wouldn't be there" might be a little harsh.....but you know Buzz did start looking at him early on. I think you know as well as I do that West Tenn. players don't get much looks from the hill....that's just my opinion. I think that there a lot of players that if given a chance could do well at that level. Another thing.....what if Major hadn't got kicked out. I don't think Wayne would have gotten as much playing time.....which I think is great for Wayne. Says alot for District 12AA.....I think.......all these players are getting to play the crap out of each other....during the season. There good!!!! Look at where the gold ball keeps landing.......and I don't think it's too far fetched to say that Bolivar will contend again next year.

I know I went around the bush there a little....but maybe you see my point. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I see your point and I think Coach Pearl will be all over West TN. UT has always recruited West TN in football. I actually believe (with no basis mind you) that they will flip the JCM kid who pledged to Ole Miss last month.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826419706[/snapback]Say Whaaaaatttttt???????

Yeah, you must not have gotten the chance to watch Sain play much this year. The kid improved his outside game tremendously...actually, he ended being one of Liberty's main 3 point threats this year. He's a very good prospect, and as long as he keeps working as hard as he's worked, he'll be a really good college player for somebody.