CBHS

StateChamps07

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am curious as to how people think they will do in the Palmetto Cup down in South Carolina. If they win their group (Northwestern, Lexington, and Pinewood Prep(all SC teams)) and Farragut wins their group they will be playing eachother for a chance to go to the championship game. I have a feeling they should do very well down in SC.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(StateChamps07 @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:27 PM) 826415913[/snapback]anybody know anything about them?

like players lost/gained or how they stack up this year?

They tied their first game vs Brirecrest, which does not speak well for CBHS. I heard some good players quit. They stuggle to score against good teams, so I don't think they are anything liek they used to be.

QUOTE(SpeedyGonzo @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826426533[/snapback]Enlighten us. What qualifies him as great?

I don't know alot about Coach Lima, but back to back state runner up is horrible. I realize its not back to back state champions but like i said its not a bad finish. What little I know about Coach Lima he seems like a pretty good guy and i never got the impression he was cocky at all.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:37 AM) 826426540[/snapback]I don't know alot about Coach Lima, but back to back state runner up is horrible. I realize its not back to back state champions but like i said its not a bad finish. What little I know about Coach Lima he seems like a pretty good guy and i never got the impression he was cocky at all.

There are a lot of people, players and parents that say the last three teams CBHS had were the best in the state. Maybe memphis people are wrong. Do other teams have so many club players try out that some club players can't even make the freshman, JV or varsoty teams?

QUOTE(SpeedyGonzo @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826426554[/snapback]There are a lot of people, players and parents that say the last three teams CBHS had were the best in the state. Maybe memphis people are wrong. Do other teams have so many club players try out that some club players can't even make the freshman, JV or varsoty teams?

Just because you are a club player does not make you a quality player. We could debate all day long why Brothers lost the last two state championship games, and many would argue that they were the better team all around, but were only beat by a team that was better that particular day, and if the teams were to play ten times, brothers might win 7 of the ten games.

I would like to know the weaknesses and strengths of the team this year.