CBHS

nitrites620

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ Mar 22 2007 - 12:43 PM) 826420347[/snapback]Buster has a good team, and a good program. People that post things like what you just said are just below fools.

Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. Buster & CBHS have built a true program where they reload each season. Some schools have a good team which may last for two or three seasons but they have a difficult time staying on top, but schools with a good program are near the top every year.

IMO, we probably only have 3-5 true programs in Tennessee.

QUOTE(cbg @ Mar 22 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826420399[/snapback]Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. Buster & CBHS have built a true program where they reload each season. Some schools have a good team which may last for two or three seasons but they have a difficult time staying on top, but schools with a good program are near the top every year.

I think you would be suprised to find there are far more than that.

You have at least 5 in your own backyard...

QUOTE(cbg @ Mar 22 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826420399[/snapback]Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. Buster & CBHS have built a true program where they reload each season. Some schools have a good team which may last for two or three seasons but they have a difficult time staying on top, but schools with a good program are near the top every year.

Be interested in seeing who you believe those 3-5 are. CBHS is certainly one

QUOTE(Chattcity @ Mar 22 2007 - 03:40 PM) 826420455[/snapback]Be interested in seeing who you believe those 3-5 are. CBHS is certainly one

I am not going to name teams due to the fact that I will forget someone and I don't wish to open that can of worms.

However, look at which teams have been ranked in the top 5 in their division (played for 3 or more championships) at the end of the season 7 or 8 times during last 10 years.

You can see my standards are pretty lofty and just speaking from experience it is much more difficult to stay on top than it is to climb the mountain.

QUOTE(cbg @ Mar 22 2007 - 05:17 PM) 826420482[/snapback]I am not going to name teams due to the fact that I will forget someone and I don't wish to open that can of worms.

However, look at which teams have been ranked in the top 5 in their division (played for 3 or more championships) at the end of the season 7 or 8 times during last 10 years.

You can see my standards are pretty lofty and just speaking from experience it is much more difficult to stay on top than it is to climb the mountain.

Well, I'm personaly thinking it's already too late for you not to name names.

And I also suspect you better revise your "3 good teams in the state" comment and save face while you still can.

I'll start a list from the ClassAAA and pull a team out my area/region to start us off..others will certainly be able to add to this feeble attempt to help you recall that Tennesse does have some baseball programs after all!

East Tennesse ball clubs that will be fighting it out for the state championship title this year will be Farragut defending their title and trying to pull off another (yes ANOTHER back to back championship.) This would be their second back to back in just 5 year if they could pull it off! Only one other team in the state has ever done 2 back to back...so as bad as I hate to say this...bite my tongue "go Admirals go" but you have to come through Dobyns Bennett to reach that lofty goal and with DB starting the season ranked #8 in the nation in pre-season polls you better work hard and pray for some good bounces because we think it's our turn up here to get in on the Championship action again!

Go here to check out some of our state records and refresh your memories:

http://www.tbca.org/TBR%20State%20Record%20Book.htm

Shaking my head... I am thinking somebody needs to lighten up and give some credit to Tennesse's boys of summer!

Yes, Mary Ann, we do play baseball in Tennesse and we play with a lot of talent and heart as well.

Rethink this and consider being a little more open minded before you so quickly diss your state! It's real easy to say" sorry folks...I put my mouth in gear before I engaged my brain on this one...We do have more then 3 quality programs across the state"

Now if you MEANT to say was that you had only 3 quality programs in your AREA (75 mile radius) I think we will all agree with you that a statement like that does ring with some truth. Just don't tell those teams that fall in the 4th and 5th spot in your area because they will rip you apart for a comment like that.

I present to you the fact that Tennesse is a long state, and could have oh lets say about 8 "area's" to be conservative. That alone will put out at least 16 quality baseball programs if there are only 2 quality teams in each area. And many will agree that you can probably find 3 teams per 75 mile radius that could be considered "high quality-reload year after year programs" That makes it more realistic to say Tennesse actually has and extimate of 24 quality programs schools who produce contenders year in and year out.

It's not as bad as you think, so lighten up a little and try to look on the sunny side instead of the dark side...life will be more enjoyable for you if you will take this advice trust me!

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ Mar 22 2007 - 06:19 PM) 826420536[/snapback]Well, I'm personaly thinking it's already too late for you not to name names.

And I also suspect you better revise your "3 good teams in the state" comment and save face while you still can.

I'll start a list from the ClassAAA and pull a team out my area/region to start us off..others will certainly be able to add to this feeble attempt to help you recall that Tennesse does have some baseball programs after all!

East Tennesse ball clubs that will be fighting it out for the state championship title this year will be Farragut defending their title and trying to pull off another (yes ANOTHER back to back championship.) This would be their second back to back in just 5 year if they could pull it off! Only one other team in the state has ever done 2 back to back...so as bad as I hate to say this...bite my tongue "go Admirals go" but you have to come through Dobyns Bennett to reach that lofty goal and with DB starting the season ranked #8 in the nation in pre-season polls you better work hard and pray for some good bounces because we think it's our turn up here to get in on the Championship action again!

Go here to check out some of our state records and refresh your memories:

http://www.tbca.org/TBR%20State%20Record%20Book.htm

Shaking my head... I am thinking somebody needs to lighten up and give some credit to Tennesse's boys of summer!

Yes, Mary Ann, we do play baseball in Tennesse and we play with a lot of talent and heart as well.

Rethink this and consider being a little more open minded before you so quickly diss your state! It's real easy to say" sorry folks...I put my mouth in gear before I engaged my brain on this one...We do have more then 3 quality programs across the state"

Now if you MEANT to say was that you had only 3 quality programs in your AREA (75 mile radius) I think we will all agree with you that a statement like that does ring with some truth. Just don't tell those teams that fall in the 4th and 5th spot in your area because they will rip you apart for a comment like that.

I present to you the fact that Tennesse is a long state, and could have oh lets say about 8 "area's" to be conservative. That alone will put out at least 16 quality baseball programs if there are only 2 quality teams in each area. And many will agree that you can probably find 3 teams per 75 mile radius that could be considered "high quality-reload year after year programs" That makes it more realistic to say Tennesse actually has and extimate of 24 quality programs schools who produce contenders year in and year out.

It's not as bad as you think, so lighten up a little and try to look on the sunny side instead of the dark side...life will be more enjoyable for you if you will take this advice trust me!

Several 'programs' will be in Middle Tennessee next weekend: http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/...ic-schedule.pdf

From West To East - Some great programs/players I have had the fun to see over past 12+ years of Tennessee High School baseball:

Houston - great coaching staff - been in state finals more than once (losing Warren County comes to mind) and won it all in 2005. Players too many to mention but had my favorite all time player: Zach Miller

Germantown - boys from G'town are always fun to watch and hang out with - always a great bunch of kids and great coaches as well.

Collierville - TOUGH DISTRICT! Great coaching staff again and kids play hard and have fun.

And these teams have been knocked out over the years by Munford and Bartlett and others. Did I mention Bartlett? State runnerup last year?

Buster does a great job at Christian Brothers and I hate that Riverdale isn't in this year's USA Classic.

Going east - Jackson Northside with Coaches Harrell and Odle were always solid. USJ's success speaks for itself.

In Middle Tennessee, Creekwood has as nice a ballfield as anyone around. I will definetly forget some folks here but Mt Juliet and Hendersonville

have been constant challengers with some great ballplayers. Oakland has had some of the best teams to ever grace a Tennessee high school ballfield,

including what may have been the deepest/greatest pitching staff of all time a few years back when they went back-to-back. Riverdale has been in

four spring flings. One of the oldest/proudest programs with another great facility is Tullahoma. Goodpasture is always a challenger.

Two of the biggest crowds I have ever seen were the Forrest vs Marshall County first-ever meeting on a Saturday Morning at Riverdale in the

2005 Warrior Spring Classic and the Forrest vs McKenzie A State Final game last year at MTSU. Marshall County, Forrest, Loretto and a lot

of other communities take their baseball seriously. Right Rockwood? Unaka? McMinn Co? Rhea Co?

Going further east Farragut has a program second to none. But some other folks in that neck of the woods play a pretty good brand of hardball as well.

Ooltewah is usually a contender in the Chattanooga area.

Again, if I left you out, it was not by commission. But if I include White House and not BGA or include Harriman but not Covington someone is going to get mad...

I have had the great fortune of seeing just about all of these 'programs' up close and personal and met most of the great coaches and parents and fans

that makes Tennessee High School baseball one of the best-kept-secrets for entertainment-bang-for-the-buck you can find....