TEMPLE

Green_Acres

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Mar 28 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826425082[/snapback]it makes for a great soap opera it should be title "As the Crusader Empire Falls"

HAHA don't both of you wish....

If Temple gets the transfers that one guy on here said they will..they will be back at the boro next year and will win state in 09 for sure.... ( I know some 6'5 dude just moved in and is already in school, not sure about the 6'6' guy...)

HAHA don't both of you wish....

If Temple gets the transfers that one guy on here said they will..they will be back at the boro next year and will win state in 09 for sure.... ( I know some 6'5 dude just moved in and is already in school, not sure about the 6'6' guy...)

[

Your right, your right....Getting a 6'5'' guy and a 6'6'' guy equals a golden ball....

Players, specifically transfers, do not automatically mean a state championship. COACHING is important! CHEMISTRY is important! Just because Temple won and played well together with a SKOGEN in the house doesn't mean anything now! Maybe Temple will get some new good players, for their sake I hope so because they will not win a STATE without getting more and better players. Sexton and a couple of other kids will not be enough to win like they have been with the SKOGENS!

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 28 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826424910[/snapback]Go back and read my post again. I did give you names. How did you miss them? Exact figures I do not know but I do understand "greater than" and "less than" symbols and terminology.

Go take a hot bath, get your wife to give you a good shoulder and neck massage, take a power nap and then come back on here and take another stab at understanding my and other's posts.

Catch you back here in say, thirty?

Or, you could just say "thank you" for enlightening you, and then leave me alone.

Actually I was thinking about getting your wife to do that for me /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I see no reason to ask you to back up any more statements. You've proven you can't. Ever since I held you to the fire you've just tried to play it off with lame humor.

QUOTE(dadoffour @ Mar 28 2007 - 11:30 PM) 826425444[/snapback]Actually I was thinking about getting your wife to do that for me /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I see no reason to ask you to back up any more statements. You've proven you can't. Ever since I held you to the fire you've just tried to play it off with lame humor.

Held me to the fire??? Lame humor??? Do you get much adult conversation?

Maybe you could be more specific about which statements I am supposed to be backing up. My post was very clear about who I thought was more qualified and capable and why I thought they were. I also was very clear about the fact that they were my observations, evaluations, opinions, etc. I honestly do not know exactly what I left out. Maybe you could "enlighten" me?

"IOWNYOU" I actually AGREE with your post. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I am not sure that I meant to communicate that Scott would be a great AD overall, just that he was, in my opinion, more qualified for that type of leadership position because of his pastoral experience then Caleb was. There were other people besides Scott who would have made a good AD. I think you may have really hit the nail on the head with your comment about the decision being made from the church and Pearson being a puppet. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Having said all that I have said, I would like to move my chair to a different position at the table and look at things from a little different perspective.

I have struggled with some of the decisions Dr. Pearson made concerning the athletic program but in fairness to her, she has been away from the Temple system for some time now and has moved into a job at Temple that she has never done. Along with all the newness, she has had to deal with some difficult situations not having well established long term leadership. Coach Hall is a great guy but there was no way he could sustain Wadley's level of involvement and still keep up his university responsibilities. There were issues that continued to arise over Rob Eldridge, another new position and staff person. There was the issue of the football team and the Skogens leaving, etc. Recently, the hire of Caleb as the AD and basketball coach. The disgruntlement of not having Greg Brown. And in all honesty, and in accordance with "IOWNYOU"'s comments, Scott Chastain's mouth caused her and the school a lot of problems and probably had more to do with him not getting the AD position then he can even realize.

As I mentioned before, plenty of strong, capable leaders have emerged from the shadows of obscurity and shown themselves to great leaders. If Markham and Bouler made the decision to hire Caleb then I want to believe it is because he has the character for the job even though he may not have the experience. As qualified and as capable as Greg was for basketball and Scott was for the AD, there have been many questions raised as to their character. I personally believe that character is more important than experience. I read a book one time on leadership and the author, who was a major business owner and a Christian, said that the most important quality that he looked for in hiring an employee was character. His opinion was that he could train anyone to do a job but the one thing he could not give an employee was character.

As much as I have struggled with the logic of hiring Caleb, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. God's ways do not always make sense to us and I, for one, can look back over the early days of my life and feel a great sense of grattitude towards those who gave me a chance when I did not deserve it nor had earned it. God is the one who ultimately appoints people in leadership and He does so with out our consultation or suggestion.

Come on, Caleb! Give us all you have got. Show us the best stuff!

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 29 2007 - 08:38 AM) 826425600[/snapback]Held me to the fire??? Lame humor??? Do you get much adult conversation?

Maybe you could be more specific about which statements I am supposed to be backing up. My post was very clear about who I thought was more qualified and capable and why I thought they were. I also was very clear about the fact that they were my observations, evaluations, opinions, etc. I honestly do not know exactly what I left out. Maybe you could "enlighten" me?

"IOWNYOU" I actually AGREE with your post. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I am not sure that I meant to communicate that Scott would be a great AD overall, just that he was, in my opinion, more qualified for that type of leadership position because of his pastoral experience then Caleb was. There were other people besides Scott who would have made a good AD. I think you may have really hit the nail on the head with your comment about the decision being made from the church and Pearson being a puppet. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

I'm just trying to find out who was both more qualified and wanted the job. You said you knew of several applicants better than Caleb. You've only told us one (for basketball.) I agree with you that Brown appeared to be more qualified for the job, but has he told anyone he wanted it? Even though it seems like he would, I was told several months ago that he had decided to leave after this year.

QUOTE(dadoffour @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:12 AM) 826425627[/snapback]I'm just trying to find out who was both more qualified and wanted the job. You said you knew of several applicants better than Caleb. You've only told us one (for basketball.) I agree with you that Brown appeared to be more qualified for the job, but has he told anyone he wanted it? Even though it seems like he would, I was told several months ago that he had decided to leave after this year.

There were at least three candidates for the AD job that I can remember: Greg Brown, Scott Chastain, and Jeff Rector. They were last year's candidates and I am sure that they were still interested in the job this year, though I did not poll any of them, personally. There were more candidates than these but I cannot recall who they were or never heard specific names. But, the three that I mentioned are definitely more capable and more qualified for the job and I am confident that they all wanted the job.

As far as the basketball position is concerned, I know that Greg interviewed for the position, so I must assume that he was interested in it. There really is not question as to whether Greg is more qualified for the job. I do not really know of anyone else that wanted the basketball job or was more qualified for it other than Greg.